Bulls.com A Bulls all-timer

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
People down him, rightfully so based on what he's done recently. I can tell you based on how he plays and how he played in his prime...Jordan would have loved him.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Hinrich was great in his first 4 seasons but then just lost it after that for some reason and was just unable to recover what he lost.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hinrich was great in his first 4 seasons but then just lost it after that for some reason and was just unable to recover what he lost.

At the pro level, it's amazing what a mild loss of athleticism can do to a player.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Third best point guard in Bulls' history

You have him higher than BJ? Based on just longevity or prime vs prime. I say that is a close one if you go prime vs prime. Rose, NVL, BJ, Kirk.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have him higher than BJ? Based on just longevity or prime vs prime. I say that is a close one if you go prime vs prime. Rose, NVL, BJ, Kirk.

Well, there is something to be said about BJ's prime in comparison to Kirk's. BJ was the more skilled player in his prime. Still, Kirk in his prime wasn't too far off from BJ's skill level in general. And, on top of that, Kirk actually had a role more of a leadership role in his.

When I weigh that versus Kirk's longevity, I'd have to go: 1. Rose, 2. Van Lier, 3. Hinrich, 4. Armstrong

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The way I see it. I would take BJ over Kirk if I build a team 10/10. He was better on defense, better on offense, better as a PG, and better off the ball, prime vs prime. He would have been a Bull until retirement if it wasn't for that BS expansion draft.

Rose
Norm
BJ
Theus
Kirk
Paxson

And I don't count Harper, as he was merely the PG when you had to write something in on the depth chart, but played less PG than Pippen. This is how you can spot a junior Bulls fan a mile away, they will almost always list Harper.

What I do think is different about Kirk, is that he might see his number retired for many unusual reasons and maybe pax's crush on him. Which IMO is amazing, none of the top PGs have retired numbers(unless you count MJ and Pip who did play that role for a few seasons each, easily). Rose's MVP should get him there, but if the team and rose part ways under some ugly conditions, who knows. Just something that may become a reality in Kirk being the only one.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kurt Heidenreich. Closely followed by Aaron Brooks.

And its not even close.

czman

Liked Posts:
Well, there is something to be said about BJ's prime in comparison to Kirk's. BJ was the more skilled player in his prime. Still, Kirk in his prime wasn't too far off from BJ's skill level in general. And, on top of that, Kirk actually had a role more of a leadership role in his.

When I weigh that versus Kirk's longevity, I'd have to go: 1. Rose, 2. Van Lier, 3. Hinrich, 4. Armstrong

I don't think it is even close. Hinrich was the much better defender, pick and roll player, and better at running an NBA offense. The only thing BK did better was spot up shoot. BJ Armstrong is overrated by Bulls fans. Hinrich had better peak and better longevity.

As far as all time Bulls PGs, and this is not a real great list, I have a hard time not putting Hinrich at the top.

Norm retired in 79. I use the advent of the 3-point line as a natural cutoff for the Modern NBA. Plus I don't remember 70's basketball. I find some players get embraced and over valued as time goes on and other diminish. I am tossing him off my list since I just don't know.

So now it is down to Rose and Hinrich. Rose obviously has the Peek by far. the problem is Rose had three peek years. We don't know what he will do going forward, but I don't think his peek will ever be the same. That being said the Bulls are going to pay Rose 115 million over 9 years. Hinrich is going to get 50 million over 8 years. When I look at the value to the team considering their cost, and we are in the salary cap era so it makes a difference, I am not sure I wouldn't Hinrich's production and contract over Rose.

I guess my test is this. If I could start over from scratch and have either player with their production and contract which one would I choose. I find myself leading to Hinrich.

I don't consider myself a Rose hater or a Hinrich lover. I think Hinrich is underrated by many Bulls fans. I think Rose gets to much hate for his injuries.

I wonder who people would take factoring in everything.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hinrich was never "great" in his entire career. At his "best", he was pedestrian.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
B.J. Armstrong was not a better player than Kirk Hinrich. I just disagree. He definitely wasn't a better defensive player, and he wasn't a better ball handler. B.J. was a better shooter, better scorer. That's it. That's all. In my opinion, as far as those two players go...Hinrich was the more skilled basketball player.

Rose is the best pg in this team's history. Norm is better than everybody else. Doesn't need a three point line. Check his resume. All league/All defensive player, considered one of the greatest defensive players at his position in league history. Hinrich and B.J. don't compare. Hinrich is second only to Norm when it comes to defense.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you are one of those people who says McMahon > Cutler, you must not know football either.

I guess that you can't understand the written word either. Read much?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Third best point guard in Bulls' history

i seen what you had before

giphy.gif