Albert Haynesworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The 'Skins are looking to get rid of him...

A complete pipe dream...but ahhhhhh snap...that would take care of some problems quick. we could get away w/ rushing 4...hell, we could probably get away w/ rushing 3....

Other than it being a pipe dream, thoughts?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would trade for him to play OL, lol. But, right now that's the only need (OL).

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
Yeah it would be a nice luxury pick up if we could actually block for Cutler and not have to watch him on his back almost every play.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
No....
He ONLY tries during contract years and he's a lazy POS when he gets his big contract. And you'd want to bench Tommie Harris for Haynesworth?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No - I'd wanna start 'em both...

But, like I said...it won't happen...just kinda seeing what the general feeling was around the board.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he's really lazy and he's not even starting Sun because of awful play in the last preseason game. I'm going with lazyness and a lack of effort.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
No - I'd wanna start 'em both...

But, like I said...it won't happen...just kinda seeing what the general feeling was around the board.
:obama:
Haynesworth is NOT a NT in any scheme. He's a UT in a 4-3

Yeah, he's really lazy and he's not even starting Sun because of awful play in the last preseason game. I'm going with lazyness and a lack of effort.
Haynesworth also realizes that he's a terrible fit in a 3-4 as a DE. He excels as a pass-rushing UT

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He's lazy and only played until he got a big contract extension.

Don't want him. Can't play with him, can't coach with him....CANT DO IT. [/singletary]

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why he was good in Tenn... Also, Tenn and Wash have re-up talks again for Albert.

The only way I see a trade happening is if Albert re-structures his contract.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why he was good in Tenn... Also, Tenn and Wash have re-up talks again for Albert.

The only way I see a trade happening is if Albert re-structures his contract.
His contract is very affordable, the Redskins paid him a $21 million bonus in the offseason, but the Redskins aren't just gonna give him away. They want 2 draft picks for him so they got something out of their investment in Haynesworth

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if they put there ming to it, they could trade Albert. Wash does not want him and there is a need for Tenn. Maybe a 2nd this year and a 5th this year or next year. I just don't what round draft picks they want.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if they put there ming to it, they could trade Albert. Wash does not want him and there is a need for Tenn. Maybe a 2nd this year and a 5th this year or next year. I just don't what round draft picks they want.
NO TEAM is gonna give up a 2nd for Haynesworth. The Titans offered a 4th for him, and the Redskins didn't bite

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I made a thread about this explaining several times that it was a pipe dream but wanted thoughts & was flamed immediately. :kanye:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
People here, including myself, just seemed to give up pointing out the flaw of the wanting Haynesworth even if it happened.

He isn't a fit and will be only slightly less mad if not as equally as playing in the 3-4. He isn't a NT so you he'll still be taking on guard center combo's he wouldn't want in this scheme and if you cut Harris for him or split time(which he probably wont like) he still isn't actually a UT. Not all DT's that aren't the NT are a UT.

Under Tackle is a specific for 1gap? or 2gap, I don't remember which is which defense where you line up between the guard and tackle to use your speed quick step to rush the passer and get in the backfield. That isn't what Haynesworth does or wants to do. His scheme style is what Schwartz used and still what that former Bears DC who was the Redskins DC last year used putting him I believe up on the guard to dominant him and shove back into the play. He'll complain unless it's what he whats.

Not a reality, desire, or even a dream.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Do really need the drama in the locker room

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just one word......no.
Pretty much everyone explained why they wouldnt want him and I pretty much feel the same way with some of them.

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
Here's a question. Could Haynesworth play DE in a 4-3. I know it would not fit the mold, but it could be beneficial to have such a disrupting force on the end. I know he does not have the speed of top notch DE's but he's got a lot more power. He might be able to blow up some tackles. Having 3 DT's on the line with Peppers might be a plus.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
why would you want a guy who signed a 100 mil deal and doesnt want to play? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.