Huge win for Cutler.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game ball has to go to Cutler for staying turnover free and finally getting that monkey off his back at Lambeau. Better late than never!

monkey-off-my-back-o.gif

It's a shame Lamar didn't discount double-check Erin's elbow into a million pieces, but I'll gladly take that win. That last goal line stand was amazing. God willing the Vikes choke and make the next 5 weeks interesting.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Game ball has to go to Cutler for staying turnover free and finally getting that monkey off his back at Lambeau. Better late than never!

monkey-off-my-back-o.gif

It's a shame Lamar didn't discount double-check Erin's elbow into a million pieces, but I'll gladly take that win. That last goal line stand was amazing. God willing the Vikes choke and make the next 5 weeks interesting.

Come to the DAAAAAARK SIIIIIIIDE!

mecha

Liked Posts:
Cutler's essentially outplayed Rodgers twice: he fared statistically better against the Broncos despite losing by a mere 2 points, and head to head in Lambeau.

Bears had some stuff bounce their way, make no mistake, but they had to contend with a lot of bullshit calls too. if they repeated that final drive 10 times, 9 times out of 10 I see Rodgers getting the touchdown at the end. I can't see him whiffing on that many passes, despite Porter playing lights out.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler posted a 90 rating. Solid. No turnovers. I like that.

And our D the last 4 weeks has given up 13(pick 6 excluded), 13, 17, and 13 points. That's baller as fuck.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler's essentially outplayed Rodgers twice: he fared statistically better against the Broncos despite losing by a mere 2 points, and head to head in Lambeau.

Bears had some stuff bounce their way, make no mistake, but they had to contend with a lot of bullshit calls too. if they repeated that final drive 10 times, 9 times out of 10 I see Rodgers getting the touchdown at the end. I can't see him whiffing on that many passes, despite Porter playing lights out.

They were battling Ed and his crew all night, are you kidding me?

But yeah, huge win for Cutler. He's playing lights out football, happy for him he has taken so much shit from the league glad to see him get his.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I thought the defense did more than Cutler. Porter was shutting those assholes down. Callahan looks pretty good in the nickel too.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the defense did more than Cutler. Porter was shutting those assholes down. Callahan looks pretty good in the nickel too.

I agree. I guess people just want Cutler to beat the Packers and not realize that this is a team game. Hell, I think Cutler played better than this against the Packers in one of the Trestman years when the defense just let Rodgers march right down the field and the Bears lost that game.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I agree. I guess people just want Cutler to beat the Packers and not realize that this is a team game. Hell, I think Cutler played better than this against the Packers in one of the Trestman years when the defense just let Rodgers march right down the field and the Bears lost that game.

But the narrative around here has always been "Jay can't beat GreenBay" even though we know it's a team game and wasn't like he had 5TDs and no incompletions, it's still "his" win.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad Rodgers didn't go out of the game. It makes it that much sweeter when they had all the chances in the world to come back and beat the Bears and they came up short. Plus pack fans can't say..."you only won because Rodgers went down"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm happy for the team, but let's face it, when the D was allowing GB to put up 50+ points the headlines were still Jay loses again. So yeah, congrats Jay!

True but you have to remember that Jay gave them more of those points than you're accounting for. He's playing at a higher level but his stats against GB are 67 rating 16 TDs, 23 INTs if you include the playoff. This is only the 2nd game that he threw more TDs than INTs. GB has averaged 25 points against us. Take out the 55 point game and it's 22 with Jay giving them many of those. We had good D's in many of those and implying 50+ points was some kind of norm is silly. Not trying to be a gray cloud on a great win but Jay has not played well against GB and helped with many of those losses. Nice to see him turn the corner.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the Bears still have games against the Vikings and Lions to pull even in the divisional series with each. The took the first step last night.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay summed it up at the end of the game when the game balls and turkey legs were passed, that offense is not going to like the game tape. The defense was amazing.

That was a throwback Bears and Packers game. Every bit the rivalry game that they have been historically.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And fuck you Peppers. Bet the Packers are happy you picked yesterday as a game to take off. Grats on your 1 tackle and 1 assit

Peppers has been quiet this season. Overrated

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

Clearly they did, but I'm giving him the game ball for going into Lambeau and miraculously not shitting the bed like he had been. With the conditions what they were I was expecting some 4 INT trainwreck of a performance, and with all the graphics they kept running showing how lopsided the Cutler/Rodgers rivalry has been it was quite satisfying to see him throw a monkey wrench into the production crew's narrative.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I almost don't want to take anything away from this game since the weather made it such a shit show. For both offenses, really.

Glad we won, happy Jay played well, but do it again when the weather is normal. Then I MIGHT become a believer.