Losing Interest?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
anybody else feel like this? at this point im pretty much like meh on watching this team.

if i don't have something else going on then i'll tune in...but its certainly not a priority for me anymore and its not that im a fairweather fan its just that don't like this roster very much

Gasol is soft, Rose is soft, Noah is washed up, Snell is horrible, Brooks is horrible, Niko pumps fakes ghost. the only likable guy on this team is Jimmy Butler and even he at times gets a bit fool of himself

i know its still early in the season and we have a new coaching staff but so far this year im seeing the same lack of edge i saw last year and i don't think thats gonna change as the players we have are soft or washed up

we owe Tom Thibodeau an apology for blaming everything on him. this is a badly put together roster and don't take that as me dissing the front office as players being washed up and fragile while eating all the cap isn't their faults

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Who is "we"? I didn't blame Thibs for everything...I did give him a lion share of the blame. And don't be so quick to judge. Certain posters might show up and tell yo how you aren't a real fan and how you don't have "faith" in the team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what the Bulls do is ugly but will continue to be effective for 40-50 wins. Jimmy is an excellent complimentary player imo. Until Rose turns on the turbos and attacks the basket, spreads the ball like a PG, this team is just excruciating boring. They defend with length, rebound, and attack with 8 middling scorers and attrition of their depth. Gasol is playing big man basketball, but it isn't pretty, it's gritty and boring 12 footers. They do put me to sleep, and while they show enough heart it seems like Memphis of last couple years they are just strangling the inferior opponents and we won't see their full energy until playoffs. They also just don't flow as they have too many scorers and bad chemistry. They just take turns, they don't use each other to get good shots.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
anybody else feel like this? at this point im pretty much like meh on watching this team.

if i don't have something else going on then i'll tune in...but its certainly not a priority for me anymore and its not that im a fairweather fan its just that don't like this roster very much

Gasol is soft, Rose is soft, Noah is washed up, Snell is horrible, Brooks is horrible, Niko pumps fakes ghost. the only likable guy on this team is Jimmy Butler and even he at times gets a bit fool of himself

i know its still early in the season and we have a new coaching staff but so far this year im seeing the same lack of edge i saw last year and i don't think thats gonna change as the players we have are soft or washed up

we owe Tom Thibodeau an apology for blaming everything on him. this is a badly put together roster and don't take that as me dissing the front office as players being washed up and fragile while eating all the cap isn't their faults

I kind of am. I am truly more invested in the Warriors this year than the Bulls.

I still watch them when they're on, but it's not appointment TV like it usually is.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not losing interest. They are a good team. Rose is a mystery at this point and everything pretty much hinges on if he will ever go to that extra gear consistently again.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If anyone is losing interest it's probably because they had their expectations too high. This team doesn't have an upper tier superstar. What I mean by that, is a top 10 player in the game. That's what it takes to really compete and even then, it's tricky. Some people would argue the Clips have 2 top 10 players and I don't see them advancing very far. After Jimmy Butler, we have a few decent, but not special players. Rose is terrible at this point. I can't believe how bad he's playing in all honesty. I expected a fairly good year from him. Is it the vision? Look, I don't know...but I'm not expecting him to come out and show us anything different over the season. I still think this team is slightly better than last year. Maybe a wash at worst. We're much better defensively but the offense has not lived up to the hype. Maybe it improves when MDJ comes back. We were terrible without him last year. I think we were a .500 team during his absence last season but I could be wrong. Either way, this team will get bounced by Cleveland again and no one should be surprised or expect a different result with the pieces we have.

YFC

Liked Posts:
boring as hell

I agree man. This team is boring as hell right now, and unbearable to watch at times.

We blame Thibs for rigid offense, not getting good possessions. I haven't seen much improvement in that regard this season. The guards cannot make plays most of the time. And when they do, and the perimeter guys get good looks, they cannot make those shots.

Maybe I watched too much Golden States this season and got spoiled. I don't know man.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Who blamed Thibs for "everything?" And who thought merely changing the coach without any significant changes to a less than great roster would turn the team into a legitimate contender? It's early, but I think expectations might have been too high.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You watch a sport, because you enjoy it. Same with a team. If you don't enjoy it, why force yourself to watch it? And if you only watch or root for a team to win everything, then you have deeper lingering issues that maybe you should take care of first. Sounds like a jab, but really <3 take care of yourself first. 1:30 baseline chance is not something to stress yourself out over.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m not losing interest and still watch every minute of every game!

But during the last Pacers game I was all for blowing that team up. I just can´t take Gasol not even trying to play defense any longer. We get crushed with simple pick & rolls every single game.

I loved the defensive culture under Thibs. Other teams respected us for that. That all changed the minute Pau got here. Hell, even Boozer was a better defensive player.

Noah doesn´t look like being 90% again, and Mirotic is still taking too many wrong decisions. But with him I can at least see some improvement.

Even Gibson, who is a tough player complains about non-calls way too much. The Bulls just don´t have that balls out attitude anymore. Only guys that still have it are Butler, Hinrich and most of the time Noah.

So the final conclusin is that the Bulls have depth at the big positions, but all of the players down low are not playing with enough energy!

Rose, Butler, Hinrich, Gibson, Portis and Mirotic are the only players I would keep for the next season. Maybe Moore as well.

McDermott could be another option if his defense wasn´t thaaaat bad.

Problem is the Bulls would not get any quality players in return the way the past looked like.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is "we"? I didn't blame Thibs for everything...I did give him a lion share of the blame. And don't be so quick to judge. Certain posters might show up and tell yo how you aren't a real fan and how you don't have "faith" in the team.

The liions share of the blame as in 90% of it goes right to Garfield Goose and friend. They never got a SF or SG to complete this team....EVER. And they never got a good back-up point. Instead they trot out a bunch of has beens and never wases and pretend that they are basketball players. Thibs did a GREAT JOB despite this because he got his team to overachieve. You watch. This Bulls team is going to be split right down the middle and dissension will come out soon. Garfield Goose and friend are a pair of buffoons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who blamed Thibs for "everything?" And who thought merely changing the coach without any significant changes to a less than great roster would turn the team into a legitimate contender? It's early, but I think expectations might have been too high.

So. The bulls changed coaches and everything was supposed to be better, right? Freddie's new offense was going to bring the Bulls out of the dark ages, right? Up tempo everything, not the boring sets that Thibs ran?

So here we are and what is happening? Same boring sets around the perimeter just faster to people not open. Still trying to find a chemistry or identity. Players still trying to figure out what their "roles" are with the new sheriff in town, Freddie.

Okay. So Garfield Goose and friend threw Thibs under the bus and Reinny ran over him in his snide comments after he fired Thibs. They brought their Iowa buddy over and turned the team over to him. But guess what...........they made NO FREEKING CHANGES to the roster to supposedly fit Hoiberg's coaching style. This team has an assembly of square pegs trying to fit into round holes. No point guard. Why? One shooting guard. Why? NO small forward? Why? Nothing off of the bench skill wise. A load of BIGS, though. Why? Why in the wide wide world of sports is a team so unbalanced. I have to laugh when I hear that once Dunleavy gets back, things will be much better. The worst starting small forward in the NBA is going to make things much better, huh?

All Garfield and friend did was add another big who almost never plays as the clank sound reverberates on the court.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not losing interest. They are a good team. Rose is a mystery at this point and everything pretty much hinges on if he will ever go to that extra gear consistently again.

Really? Is Snell a good shooting guard? Is Dunleavy a good small forward? How about Brooks? How about Hinrich? How about McDermott? And on and on and on. Name the "good" players on the Bulls and when you get to four out of 12 you can stop.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Relax everyone, we still have to trade Snell and the expiring contracts of Hinrich and Noah. I suppose Hinrich may actually be the best back up point guard option we have, and he is a leader and may not add much value.

The point is until Rose can see straight, and we pass the trade deadline, it's difficult to judge the job GarPax have done. We are a winning team, a playoff team, an improving team, and we have some moves to make for final push. I don't really understand what else you could hope for. Gasol is a certain type of basketball beautiful, we are watching a great who is showing remarkable longevity. I am disappointed we can't use what he is to play off of better, but I do believe the best basketball is all in the future and we should expect a constant progression and be a top 5 team by seasons end.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other issue is the NBA season is 30 games too long. It's long been critiqued for waning interest through this long middle stretch. We will all perk up for the premier matchups from Christmas to New Year, lose interest again until trade deadline, then March. It's just the way it is

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The liions share of the blame as in 90% of it goes right to Garfield Goose and friend. They never got a SF or SG to complete this team....EVER. And they never got a good back-up point. Instead they trot out a bunch of has beens and never wases and pretend that they are basketball players. Thibs did a GREAT JOB despite this because he got his team to overachieve. You watch. This Bulls team is going to be split right down the middle and dissension will come out soon. Garfield Goose and friend are a pair of buffoons.

If you think this team is one SF or SG away from being a complete team, you are not watching the Bulls. And what special wing player are they supposed to get when they have 30+ mil per year spent on a backup center and a point guard they want out of town? With Butler, they squeezed blood out of a turnip. They deserve credit for that. Thibs wore thin...ON THE PLAYERS! Not just the FO, but the players were tired of him.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Is Snell a good shooting guard? Is Dunleavy a good small forward? How about Brooks? How about Hinrich? How about McDermott? And on and on and on. Name the "good" players on the Bulls and when you get to four out of 12 you can stop.

How many shitty players filled out the bench on those championship Miami Heat teams? Those players you just mentioned probably all would be the third best player on the Sixers. This team stands 3rd or 4th in the East right now. They aren't bad. But meatballs will be meatballs.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
those Miami Heat teams also had LeBron James...we don't even have a superstar anymore (Jimmy is only borderline) plus one of those role players always magically managed to play past their means when needed

Sixers are about to break the record for most losses in a row and have a roster full of players that would struggle in euro league...i frankly couldn't name any outside of Okafor and Noel

Bulls may be good in the sense that they'll make the playoffs and possibly advance a round...but they are a perennial 2nd round exit team and its not even like the Baby Bulls where you still had the hope that next year will be the year they take the next step....this team is full of washed up over the hill players whose only way is down

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you think this team is one SF or SG away from being a complete team, you are not watching the Bulls. And what special wing player are they supposed to get when they have 30+ mil per year spent on a backup center and a point guard they want out of town? With Butler, they squeezed blood out of a turnip. They deserve credit for that. Thibs wore thin...ON THE PLAYERS! Not just the FO, but the players were tired of him.

I think that I said that they are a shooting guard or small forward away along with a point guard. That is adding two skilled players and balance the team. This has been going on for years with Garfield and friend. That much is absolutely true. Why the drafting of another big to add to an already unbalanced team? Why the trade for McDermott, two for one? Why no guard and small forward then? Both of those drafts were not good ones as far as what they needed. Instead we have an assortment of below average guards and small forwards.

By the way....who wants Rose "out of town"? I don't. But I do want either a very good shooting guard and move Butler back to small forward or to get a quality small forward. And I want a GOOD point guard that can run the 2nd unit, not an over the hill terrible point guard in Hinrich.

Why people make excuses for Garfield and friend is amazing to me. This is a terrible marriage of incompetence and ego. They have done NOTHING to build a championship team and there is no excuse for it. And this team's owner is too damn cheap to hire good talent as in coaches and management. He sometimes lucks out, as in Thibs and Jackson but fucks it up every time they need a player.

And they wonder why quality free agents do not want to play in Chicago? Who would you when you have a management group like they do? It used to be that they could at least draft well but no more and it will not improve until the Goose and friend are ridden out on a rail.