Losing Interest?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I'm not sure if I understand. I should support and encourage an athlete that I don't know of have any contact with? By doing so, said athlete will start playing better? The magical powers of fans I guess. I guess I just never realized the powers we possess. Thus, by criticizing a player, said player will perform worse and not try as hard. Or am I missing something?

Yes, this is a good specific example of what I am talking about when I said *insert hyperbole rebuttal here*

:lol: We need to compile a list of them. With your creativity and my organizational skills, we should be able to knock these out in no time.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes, this is a good specific example of what I am talking about when I said *insert hyperbole rebuttal here*

:lol: We need to compile a list of them. With your creativity and my organizational skills, we should be able to knock these out in no time.

:lol:

We would make a good team, I think.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You must not have been paying attention from 2007-2010...and 2013. A lot of hate.

Hate? Thats just BS. Hate is just not the word. He hardly got booed. I think people saw what I saw, a guy trying hard who just wasn't very good. Especially in his last stint in Chicago.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There can be tons of reasons a player will choose city x over city y. Demographic is a huge deal to some, I'm sure. For example, some people don't like the cold winters that Chicago or New York offers. They can choose to enjoy a location closer to home, or warmer weather, and say fuck all to what the fans have to say. It's petty and dumb but it does happen.

Also, Hawk... god damn man. The quote feature is so fucking simple to use. I don't understand why you struggle so much with it.

Give it a rest, please. It doesn't work for my computer. I really don't care a lick about it anymore. Maybe when I get my new computer and new Windows on it, things will be different. Also, it doesn't bother me a lick that people want to talk shit about me not being smart enough to understand how to do it. All that they are doing is showing how petty that they can be. I make an effort to make sure people understand the dialogue between myself and others when necessary. It is pretty damn clumsy and much more difficult than others boards that I had visited. If I were the system analyst in CCS I would recommend different ways to do this among other things but it is pretty damn obvious that whoever puts this stuff together for them is lacking as well as the operations person or persons in terms of customer service.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And nailed it. Gave a direct question, The Hawk changed focus. As predicted.

:hawked:

You still have a chance to answer the question(as well as learn how to use the quote feature).

I directly answered the question. And why don't you knock off the pettiness, please. I thought that we were having a pretty good conversation, at least from my end. Why the insults? Seriously. You are obviously a well educated person as I am. Why can't two smart people have a conversation or debate without insulting the other.

I think that your argument fails because of the basis for it, namely that Chicago fans do not appreciate the members of its teams. I think that that basis is simply wrong and therefore all arguments after it are therefore invalid. Now then, what proof do you have that Chicago fans are unappreciative of its athletes. Give an example of it at least. Thank you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not perception. Constant unjust criticism.

Where? Of Who? To what degree? Come-on. Are you really saying that Chicago fans are not good fans?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If literally all things are equal then there isn't a logical explanation as to why someone would choose to play for unappreciative fans... unless they have some weird self-hate thing going on.

It is a non-sensible argument when the basis of it is not true. Can't you guys see that? Truthfully, I have never heard anyone before this ever say that Chicago has bad fans.

Question on this: If the people you are talking about are those on message boards like this one, of course you will see a lot of negativity. But this is a very small sample of fans in general and many, in fact, may not represent how the people here act elsewhere and what they say. I think people on these kinds of boards sometimes try and agitate others to get a reaction, for example, and would not say the same things in a sports bar, at a game, or other gathering of fans. Sometimes because if they said the same shit insults thrown out here, they'd be decked.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Krause did see potential in Jackson. My point was that Reinsdorf went on the cheap to hire every coach he did. He never brought in a no doubt about it successful head coach. He does the same shit with the White Sox. Don't you see this? Who have the Bulls EVER brought in a manager or coach that was a proven successful head guy? That doesn't tell you something? Look at the history of the White Sox under Reinny. Name the successful manager that he ever brought in to lead them. Instead he hires former players, some of which had NO managing experience as in Ozzie and Ventura.

I'm telling you guys that Reinny is cheap and that is a big reason why these teams he owns do not win championships. Take away Jordan's and Pippin's greatness and Krauses ability to find and deal for talent(can't take that away from the guy), and what do you have under Reinny?

Bottom line. The Bulls were positioned when Rose magically got drafted to win several championships and maybe create a modern day dynasty. Trouble was he got hurt certainly. But in his entire career with the Bulls, he has never had a talent in the back court with him and once they dumped Luol, the problem got worse. Instead they brought a steady stream of marginal NBA players in as in 8th to 12th guy on a roster while the money keeps flowing into to Jerry fat bank account.

As for what quality players avoided Chicago because of its management?? Pretty much all of them. The better question is which high demand players were happy to come to
Chicago?

Jerry has shown he has had a open wallet for awhile now

-Paid the luxury tax when he could have got out of it by trading Rip Hamilton with a pick but refused to do so
-Amnestied Boozer which many said he would not do
-Fired Thibs regardless of how you feel about this move it was not a cheap move to do
-Paid Hoiberg 5 million a year which is expensive for a inexperienced coach (although its the norm now)

Reinsdorf gets the cheap tag because he takes a businessman approach to negotiating rather then the Mark Cuban approach of just throwing it out there freely...but Jerry has shown hes willing to pay

whats wrong with this team is the inability to acquire top talent. im not quite sure what the reason is maybe its MJ's shadow, the stigma around the Dynasty break up, Chicago not being an ideal location due to the cold or us just not being in the right place at the right time...i lean more toward the last one...i broke it down awhile ago

our prime year to acquire a superstar player was in 2010 but unfortunately for us the three amigos had already conspired with one another to join up and play in Miami

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@ OP

I never blamed Thibs. I've always said that I thought it would be a mistake to let Thibs go. The team always played hard for him. I think all the drama and shit that was being leaked in the media was coming from the people in the FO who wanted him gone. The problem was always the talent on the roster. It's been that way even before Thibs got here and will continue to be that way as long as we keep the same guys in the FO. They stick with their guys for way too long and are too shy to make a splash. I'd rather them take a big risk than to play it safe. Playing it safe only works when you have a championship caliber team with more than 1 star.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Gasol gone. Not that he's bad, I just don't think he fits.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I personally wouldn't mind seeing Gasol gone. Not that he's bad, I just don't think he fits.

yeah if we could get something for him i'd trade him

i don't think he'll be back next year hes already started to complain about not getting the ball in the post enough

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You see what you can re-sign him for and go from there. If you can do it for a reasonable price, re-sign him. He's an asset to this team the way things are set up now and there's not much denying that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post

You see what you can re-sign him for and go from there. If you can do it for a reasonable price, re-sign him. He's an asset to this team the way things are set up now and there's not much denying that.

He is an asset for the team and thus has value. It depends, though, on what Hoiberg wants his team to look like in its components. What I thought after they ran Thibs out of town and brought Freddie in was that Freddie was going to run a more fast pace system, right? If that is true then Gasol might not fit.

I confess that I do not know what this team is aiming for the composition of the team??

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Gasol might have value for us but holds little trade value across the league. That would be a fine if we were a championship team, but we're not. Without a means to acquire a superstar by next season, Gasol's value to us is more like fools gold. Get whatever you can for him.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I directly answered the question. And why don't you knock off the pettiness, please. I thought that we were having a pretty good conversation, at least from my end. Why the insults? Seriously. You are obviously a well educated person as I am. Why can't two smart people have a conversation or debate without insulting the other.

I think that your argument fails because of the basis for it, namely that Chicago fans do not appreciate the members of its teams. I think that that basis is simply wrong and therefore all arguments after it are therefore invalid. Now then, what proof do you have that Chicago fans are unappreciative of its athletes. Give an example of it at least. Thank you.
"Dunleavy is the worst starting SF in the league," The Hawk, numerous threads.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He is an asset for the team and thus has value. It depends, though, on what Hoiberg wants his team to look like in its components. What I thought after they ran Thibs out of town and brought Freddie in was that Freddie was going to run a more fast pace system, right? If that is true then Gasol might not fit.

I confess that I do not know what this team is aiming for the composition of the team??
Also, can we quit saying this, because it just ain't true.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/5/7/5690420/nba-head-coach-turnover-mark-jackson-fired-warriors

Here's an article after the 2014 season, but the fact remains: Taking out the Popovich outlier, the average length of coaching career is 1.9 seasons. Thibs was given FIVE YEARS. You wanted another example of a bad fan? Here is your continued shots at the FO without knowing what the hell you're talking about.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Without getting into whether the Hawk is a "bad fan" for having an opinion, is there any evidence Chicago is the only place, or even in the minority of places where such fans exist? And if so, is there any correlation that those places are also known for having a lack of a fan base and less passionate fans, even when things are going good? Call me crazy, but I would rather play in a city where the fans are passionate, sell out the stadium, and care about the team, even if that means having some people I'll never meet or know sharing some mean opinions on a message board.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't think The Hawk is a 'bad' fan, just a very highly uninformed fan.

As for what Crys is getting at: I seem to recall Texans fans threatening Matt Schaub's family, an Alabama fan poisoned the trees on Toomer's Corner at Auburn, and I read an article (Sports Illustrated, I believe) about how college kickers will receive death threats for missing field goals. So I'm not sure exactly what he is getting at, as I think the contract one signs for probably outweighs what is said about an athlete.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't think The Hawk is a 'bad' fan, just a very highly uninformed fan.

As for what Crys is getting at: I seem to recall Texans fans threatening Matt Schaub's family, an Alabama fan poisoned the trees on Toomer's Corner at Auburn, and I read an article (Sports Illustrated, I believe) about how college kickers will receive death threats for missing field goals. So I'm not sure exactly what he is getting at, as I think the contract one signs for probably outweighs what is said about an athlete.

I'm pretty clear with my words. But it's kind of funny that my point is just criticisms are good (or lets call them just reactions) and over-reactions are discouraging. From there, those who like to over-react have stretched that very point to some exaggeration, then it is no longer my point. IDK what I expected honestly. I also said Chicago fans are pretty bad with it, but at no point does that mean Chicago fans are exclusive. This is another over-reaction.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm pretty clear with my words. But it's kind of funny that my point is just criticisms are good (or lets call them just reactions) and over-reactions are discouraging. From there, those who like to over-react have stretched that very point to some exaggeration, then it is no longer my point. IDK what I expected honestly. I also said Chicago fans are pretty bad with it, but at no point does that mean Chicago fans are exclusive. This is another over-reaction.

You should be a life coach.