OT: Kobe Bryant is retiring!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe wrote a poem to the fans announcing this will be his last year.

Dear Basketball

From the moment
I started rolling my dad's tube socks
And shooting imaginary
Game-winning shots
In the Great Western Forum
I knew one thing was real:

I fell in love with you.

A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my mind & body
To my spirit & soul.

As a six-year-old boy
Deeply in love with you
I never saw the end of the tunnel.
I only saw myself
Running out of one.

And so I ran.
I ran up and down every court
After every loose ball for you.
You asked for my hustle
I gave you my heart
Because it came with so much more.

I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called me
But because YOU called me.
I did everything for YOU
Because that's what you do
When someone makes you feel as
Alive as you've made me feel.

You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
And I'll always love you for it.
But I can't love you obsessively for much longer.
This season is all I have left to give.
My heart can take the pounding
My mind can handle the grind
But my body knows it's time to say goodbye.

And that's OK.
I'm ready to let you go.
I want you to know now
So we both can savor every moment we have left together.
The good and the bad.
We have given each other
All that we have.

And we both know, no matter what I do next
I'll always be that kid
With the rolled up socks
Garbage can in the corner
:05 seconds on the clock
Ball in my hands.
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1

Love you always,
Kobe

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...rement-this-season-is-all-i-have-left-to-give

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
one of the all time greats...its sad to see him go

closet thing to Michael i got to witness

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe is the last of a dying breed. He doesn't want to play with you. He wants to beat you.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thank god, his horrendous play got hard to watch a while ago. You don't want kids remembering you like that.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hated him when he was young.

I loved him as he got older.

Good for you Kobe.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Kobe is the last of a dying breed. He doesn't want to play with you. He wants to beat you.

Twice he considered coming to Chicago. Once as a RFA and the other as a trade where he would waive his no trade clause. Of course never materialized.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Figures he would announce it now as opposed to after the season being over.

You better believe it is about having all the positive attention on him.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Nah. A woman in Colorado. It was big news though.

Can't find anywhere that he raped her. The case was thrown out though...he was never convicted of anything and she refused to testify. I guess you only saw PART of the news.

But all of that is besides the point. Ain't nobody trying to canonize dude. He is a basketball great. One of the greatest ever. That is what is being celebrated. You seem to have a problem with his level of arrogance. That's hilarious. I don't know why you watch sports if that's the case.

What you can't debate is that he is one of the greatest...the second greatest shooting guard ever...and arguably the greatest player in the history of one of the greatest franchises in the NBA.

THAT is why he is being celebrated.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't find anywhere that he raped her. The case was thrown out though...he was never convicted of anything and she refused to testify. I guess you only saw PART of the news.

But all of that is besides the point. Ain't nobody trying to canonize dude. He is a basketball great. One of the greatest ever. That is what is being celebrated. You seem to have a problem with his level of arrogance. That's hilarious. I don't know why you watch sports if that's the case.

What you can't debate is that he is one of the greatest...the second greatest shooting guard ever...and arguably the greatest player in the history of one of the greatest franchises in the NBA.

THAT is why he is being celebrated.

Kobe is an egomaniacal piece of shit. He definitely raped her.

statement through Bryant's attorneys said:
"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case.

“[I apologize] for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure."

Sure. Great player. Top 10 all-time. Second best SG of all-time. Still a POS.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He acknowledged that she considered it rape...he didn't. So what is the "definitely" stuff about? He DEFINITELY committed adultery. But this is about his career. That is all I am saying.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He acknowledged that she considered it rape...he didn't. So what is the "definitely" stuff about? He DEFINITELY committed adultery. But this is about his career. That is all I am saying.

"I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

That's where my little "definitely" came. If you are looking for me to have a less polarizing answer then, in my mind, it is almost certain that he raped her.

It takes a certain kind of entitled narcissistic dick type of person to do that. And Kobe seems like that type of guy to me from a, granted, very outside perspective over the last nearly 20 years.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
"I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

That's where my little "definitely" came. If you are looking for me to have a less polarizing answer then, in my mind, it is almost certain that he raped her.

It takes a certain kind of entitled narcissistic dick type of person to do that. And Kobe seems like that type of guy to me from a, granted, very outside perspective over the last nearly 20 years.

His lawyers wrote that! It was an agreed upon statement by both sides. It was preordained what he was to say beforehand. All that matters though is what you stated as far as this thread goes...he was a great player. One of the absolute best. THAT is a definite. Nobody wants to canonize him or give him the Nobel Peace Prize. They are celebrating his on court achievements.