OT: Kobe Bryant is retiring!

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Watching Kobe still try to be Kobe the past few years has been painful. The shot-chucking, ball-hogging, poor shot selection was a cancer to their offense. He didn't have much to work with as far as teammates go but he didn't work with them at all.

I enjoyed watching Kobe growing up though, mans been in the league since I was 6, it's gonna be weird without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sad to see one of the all time greats go out in a brick house like he has, but mad respect to his career and what he's done in this league. Always controversial as a person, but you can't deny his greatness on the court. Gonna be be weird not having him in the league anymore.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which Kobe was better? 8 or 24?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'd go with 8 just because he was young and more flashy with his game

dropped 81 wearing 8

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe gets some anal and people are mad

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hilarious that Rami is talking about Kobe's ego and how he is a POS off the court given his signature.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
MJ is an arrogant fucker in a lot of ways. But both are pretty different personalities. And only one committed sexual assault.
And only one has a gambling issue. They're pretty similar man.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jordan is basically a psychopath when it comes to competition on any level whatsoever. Both are arrogant, mean-spirited guys. But I have a real distaste in my mouth for Kobe Bryant in particular because I feel as though a lot of the "competitive fire" that he gets is more show than anything else. The difference with Kobe is that he's extremely anti-social. And I feel as though he is the most overrated "leader" in the history of sports. He was always a terrible teammate on and off the floor. For a few years, after Shaq, Kobe's sheer talent was enough for him to be an extremely effective player despite that reality. It's now at the point where he's just a terrible NBA player in general, but he never knew how to get the most out of his teammates on or off of the court. Jordan and Kobe with both "harsh" but only one of them actually knew how to push the right buttons to actually get something positive out of their teammates.

And let's not forget that rape is a lot worse than gambling..

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Jordan is basically a psychopath when it comes to competition on any level whatsoever. Both are arrogant, mean-spirited guys. But I have a real distaste in my mouth for Kobe Bryant in particular because I feel as though a lot of the "competitive fire" that he gets is more show than anything else. The difference with Kobe is that he's extremely anti-social. And I feel as though he is the most overrated "leader" in the history of sports. He was always a terrible teammate on and off the floor. For a few years, after Shaq, Kobe's sheer talent was enough for him to be an extremely effective player despite that reality. It's now at the point where he's just a terrible NBA player in general, but he never knew how to get the most out of his teammates on or off of the court. Jordan and Kobe with both "harsh" but only one of them actually knew how to push the right buttons to actually get something positive out of their teammates.

And let's not forget that rape is a lot worse than gambling..

Not a lot of people believe that Kobe actually committed that crime.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Stop trying to stick out attention...yeah i seen that cry out for attention "good riddance" post and would have ignored anything you said but unfortunately you trapped another poster to give you what you were seeking....just stop

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeter gone, Kobe gone, and likely Peyton Manning too

makes someone in their late 20's or 30's feel really old!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kobe is an all time great BB player and a great competitor. That being said, he should have retired rather than playing the rest of the year. Give the young guys more PT and coach them the remainder of the year. The Lakers coach, Scott, is in a tough spot because Kobe is now the 2000 pound gorilla in the room. The Lakers are a bad team and Kobe is a shell of himself. Playing him does not help the team improve at all. As the cynic that I am, I think that he is staying on the team is because of the love fest that he anticipates for his good-bye tour. That and the forfeiture of a lot of money:)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop trying to stick out attention...yeah i seen that cry out for attention "good riddance" post and would have ignored anything you said but unfortunately you trapped another poster to give you what you were seeking....just stop

Unfortunately, words Kobe Bryant knows all too well.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Kobe is an all time great BB player and a great competitor. That being said, he should have retired rather than playing the rest of the year. Give the young guys more PT and coach them the remainder of the year. The Lakers coach, Scott, is in a tough spot because Kobe is now the 2000 pound gorilla in the room. The Lakers are a bad team and Kobe is a shell of himself. Playing him does not help the team improve at all. As the cynic that I am, I think that he is staying on the team is because of the love fest that he anticipates for his good-bye tour. That and the forfeiture of a lot of money:)

The farewell tour...is for the fans too! They want their time to celebrate his career. Other teams want to celebrate his career. That is what happens with all time greats. Derek Jeter just did it...nobody said this crap. Kareem had one...the Bulls gave him a painting...this was over 25 years ago. How many rock stars have farewell tours?

Hell, ever heard of Carl Yastrzemski had a farewell tour! He announced before the season even started. Who calls him arrogant? Please just stop with this shit. Every young player in the league is arrogant. Kobe at this point is confident in happy with his career and knows he is one of the greatest. He is a better basketball player than Jeter was a baseball player. Jeter isn't called arrogant...I would venture to say Jeter is a bit overrated. Yaz can do it but Kobe can't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2B_GhxJNc

Bear06

Liked Posts:

image.png

They're not pretty similar at all. Sexual Assault is A LOT worse than gambling. In saying all that though Kobe and that woman are the only ones that know what really happened. If Kobe didn't do it then good for him, but if he really did it then he will pay the ultimate price in Hell.

Also Bill Cosby will be burning in Hell soon.