Imagine if you will

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Super Bowl 50 matchup of the undefeated Panthers vs the undefeated Patriots.

Who would you pick and why?

Also imagine if you will, the Bears playing at the same level.

What will it take for the Bears to get on those teams level let's say within the next couple years?

I'm thrilled with the current competitiveness this team is displaying and was completely awed by how they were able to beat the Packers on Thanksgiving. It appears to me that they are on the right track, but just how far away are the Bears from reaching that level those two teams are at right now?

Will the next Bears team that wins the Super Bowl have Jay Cutler at quarterback?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cutler led Bears team win the Super Bowl. He is more talented than many other quarterbacks who have won Super Bowls. What it takes is building an entire team from the top down and that's what this team has done over the offseason and I can't believe the immediate results we are witnessing right now. I wasn't sure what they should have done in the offseason with the quarterback position and Cutler in particular, but I'm happy with the results and no matter what happens the rest of the season Cutler appears to have hit his stride and the Bears look to finally be in good hands.

What do the top tier teams, like the Patriots and Panthers, have that the Bears are currently lacking and what can Pace do in the offseason to acquire the missing pieces of the puzzle to become a Super Bowl contender?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Panthers have an amazing defense and a pretty great QB. Pats have a pretty great defense and an amazing QB.

Pats > Panthers, cus Brady.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Panthers have an amazing defense and a pretty great QB. Pats have a pretty great defense and an amazing QB.

Gronks out now though... Brady just became average

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
With all this talk and all wouldn't it be something if the Bears acted as a Cinderella story and won out to get in as a wild card and went all the way like the Giants and Packers have done in recent history? Now imagine that! Anything is possible, I suppose.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Lemme guess, OP was watching a Twilight Zone marathon during Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL Patriots

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Going to be hard to make it to a super bowl, let alone win one, with Ted Ginn and Philly Brown being your top WRs.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Pats do win the SB, Brady will be the undeniable Best QB ever. I just don't see it happening now, too many injuries.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Pats do win the SB, Brady will be the undeniable Best QB ever. I just don't see it happening now, too many injuries.

Nope. No one was better than Joe Montana.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:

The Pats couldn't stop Denvers 27th ranked rushing offense today. So what makes you think they would be able to stop the Panthers #1 rushing offense?

MEGATRON

Liked Posts:
Edelman, Amendola and Gronk will all be back in time to wrap up the season and go into the playoffs.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Brock Osweiler has defeated the Pats

Brock is one hell of a QB thats for sure. His 72.5 rating and early INT were so threatening to the Pat's defense. That they forgot about Denvers 27th ranked rushing attack and allowed them to run for 170+ yards and 3 TD's.

Coming into the game tonight Denver had 6 rushing TD.

Please do continue to trumpet his success much like your ilk has the Foles type QB's. It makes it more fun down the road after a couple of years has played out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Pats couldn't stop Denvers 27th ranked rushing offense today. So what makes you think they would be able to stop the Panthers #1 rushing offense?
Neither could the Bears and why? Cause we haven't seen the run oriented offense Kubiak runs until Osweiler was playing. It couldn't be run as designed with Peyton sitting in the shotgun exclusively.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Super Bowl 50 matchup of the undefeated Panthers vs the undefeated Patriots.

Who would you pick and why?

Also imagine if you will, the Bears playing at the same level.

What will it take for the Bears to get on those teams level let's say within the next couple years?

I'm thrilled with the current competitiveness this team is displaying and was completely awed by how they were able to beat the Packers on Thanksgiving. It appears to me that they are on the right track, but just how far away are the Bears from reaching that level those two teams are at right now?

Will the next Bears team that wins the Super Bowl have Jay Cutler at quarterback?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cutler led Bears team win the Super Bowl. He is more talented than many other quarterbacks who have won Super Bowls. What it takes is building an entire team from the top down and that's what this team has done over the offseason and I can't believe the immediate results we are witnessing right now. I wasn't sure what they should have done in the offseason with the quarterback position and Cutler in particular, but I'm happy with the results and no matter what happens the rest of the season Cutler appears to have hit his stride and the Bears look to finally be in good hands.

What do the top tier teams, like the Patriots and Panthers, have that the Bears are currently lacking and what can Pace do in the offseason to acquire the missing pieces of the puzzle to become a Super Bowl contender?

One step at a time man, one step at a time. Let's see if this current roster can at least break .500 by years end. I know there is a chance they could make the playoffs still but I'm just hoping for them to continue to be competitive and wins a few more games this year.

I assume they will not make it to the playoffs this year and if I'm correct and they don't make it to the playoffs. The Bears still have a huge talent gap on the roster. One that can be greatly decreased with another good draft and some smart FA moves.

I like your optimism though and I agree with most of what you said.

Hopefully the Bears struck gold with Pace/Fox/Fangio/Gase

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Neither could the Bears and why? Cause we haven't seen the run oriented offense Kubiak runs until Osweiler was playing. It couldn't be run as designed with Peyton sitting in the shotgun exclusively.

So you now believe the Bronco's running game is an elite running game and will continue to remain top few in the league for the remainder of the season?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you now believe the Bronco's running game is an elite running game and will continue to remain top few in the league for the remainder of the season?
It will continue to be much better than it was with Peyton.