Playoff Breakdown.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
This just in, The nfc is shitty!

Seriously... But anyways, the Vikings win today puts them a solid 3 and a half games ahead of the Bears with the tiebreaker, and only 5 games to go. Near impossible. Stick a fork in it. Bears ain't the 2015 north champs.

Wildcard hopes are better but took a slight hit with seattles win vs PIT... (Was rooting hard for the steelers today) But Bears must almost certainly have to win out in order to make the 6th seed.

At this point Seattle is in the lead and technically a game and a half ahead (6-5) with the tiebreaker they hold over the Bears.. Seattle must finish the season at least 3-2 or worst, placing them at 9-7... while the Bears would then have to finish 5-0... Giving the Bears a 10-6 record. (Not likely but hey, one can dream)

The tricky thing about wild card spots unlike a division, is that week to week lead changes with teams, means you don't know exactly who as a Bears fan you would be rooting for to lose.

Either way, it's fun to even be in the mix coming down the stretch. No one expected they would be playing so well right now... Just wish we had won JUST ONE! Of those close games against Min, Det, or Den. If we had, things would have looked much better.

Here's to 5-0! Go bears

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Detroit. That was an INT, not a TD. :(

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Detroit. That was an INT, not a TD. :(

It kinda gets me sick thinking about the bad calls in that game and how important it was..

But this team will be muchhhh better next year and that's exciting. Then hopefully they won't need the excuse of a bad call to determine their season!

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
With 5 games left Bears fans can only hope that Minnesota crumbles or Seattle does not go better than 3-2 in the next 5 games

Next week Seattle is playing @ Minnesota.Dont know who to root for but first the Bears have to beat the 49ers.

I guess as it is now we hope Seattle and Atlanta drop games.The division title though not out of reach, requires the Vikings going 0-5 the Bears going 5-0 and the Packers no better than 2-3 in the next 5 games.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
It doesn't look good. I think ATL will continue to fade. Catching GB & SEA looks tough. Both have pretty easy schedules down the stretch. MIN would've been a better team to try to catch (with GB winning the division). Too bad they (somehow) have such a good record right now.

Starting 0-3 puts you in a huge hole. You can't afford to piss away games after you start that way. DET & MIN losses really hurt.

BEARS (5-6)

vs SF
vs WAS
@ MIN
@ TB
vs DET

MIN (8-3)

vs SEA
@ ARI
vs BEARS
vs NYG
@ GB

GB (7-4)

@ DET
vs DAL
@ OAK
@ ARI
vs MIN

SEA (6-5)

@ MIN
@ BAL
vs CLE
vs STL
@ ARI

ATL (6-5)

@ TB
@ CAR
@ JAX
vs CAR
vs NO

TB (5-6)

vs ATL
vs NO
@ STL
vs BEARS
@ CAR

WAS (5-6)

vs DAL
@ BEARS
vs BUF
@ PHI
@ DAL

NYG (5-6)

vs NYJ
@ MIA
vs CAR
@ MIN
vs PHI

Rise

Liked Posts:
I see only one way in and that is with a Vikings collapse going 1-4 and us going 5-0. Seahawks and Packers just seem to have the inside track. The Vikings have a tough schedule and we play them once. If the Seahawks and Cardinals beat them and we beat the 49ers and Skins we are setup for a game to tie their record. Then we just need Green Bay or the Giants to win.

All the scenarios are far fetched but that appears to be the most realistic. I am not even sure I'd want that scenario because then we get Green bay in their place for a rematch. I don't feel like taking the risk this year for Packer revenge, rather just enjoy my Thanksgiving Superbowl and call it a year.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
IMO the Bears need to win out and everything will take care of itself. Either Minnesota or Seattle will make room for them.

If Seattle beats Minnesota and we win out, Minnesota will still probably lose 2 more. Remaining schedule:

@ Arizona
vs. NY Giants
@ Green Bay

Think they drop 2 of those.

Now if Minnesota beats Seattle, Seattle needs to only lose 1 more with a remaining schedule of:

@ Baltimore
Cleveland
St. Louis
@ Arizona

Not a tough schedule, but they'll be underdogs at Arizona. I can't see Arizona resting their guys considering they have a bye week and likely want to eliminate any possibility of running into Seattle in the playoffs.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
If we win out, we're in. Among Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Minnesota, at least 1 or 2 of those teams will falter. The reason mostly is they play each other and have much tougher schedules having to face Arizona and Carolina.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't think it's happening this year. and even if they do make the playoffs, I don't think they got the muscle to beat anyone.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predicted the Bears would go 0-3 down the last stretch and they went 2-1. Therefore I am predicting they will finish 3-2 down the stretch, which gives them a better chance to win out. You're welcome!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we win out, we're in. Among Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta, and Minnesota, at least 1 or 2 of those teams will falter. The reason mostly is they play each other and have much tougher schedules having to face Arizona and Carolina.
I'd count Atlanta out. They've been losing to everyone. Think it's 4 losses in a row now. 1 of those other 3 teams will have to falter.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The Bears are going to win the next 5 games, so I'm not worried.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
10-6 usually gets into the playoffs - if we can win out then we'll probably get in, but it won't be easy. But we have some momentum for sure.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
All the Bears can do is worry about themselves. I feel pretty good about their chances to get in if they win out. Worst case scenario is they win out, miss the playoffs, and lose both of their coordinators and get a draft pick in the 20s. Hows that for pissing in your wheaties. The best case scenario is they sneak in the playoffs, the Bears get hot and go deep, teams hire coaches before the Bears are eliminated. At least Fox knows how to put together a damn good staff and has a history of piecing things back together. The NFL is so fluky anyways. Just enjoy the ride. We have a good young team to root for with a coach that knows how to get the most out of the talent he has and we have young GM with a strong vision for the future that has made a lot of solid moves so far.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind that we actually could beat Green Bay in a tiebreaker.

Wild Card tiebreakers in the division are first sorted by divisional record. Green Bay is 2-2 and plays at Detroit and home to Minnesota. If they lose both of those and we beat Minnesota and Detroit, we finish 3-3.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind that we actually could beat Green Bay in a tiebreaker.

Wild Card tiebreakers in the division are first sorted by divisional record. Green Bay is 2-2 and plays at Detroit and home to Minnesota. If they lose both of those and we beat Minnesota and Detroit, we finish 3-3.

man that's deep. and impossible to fathom.

Bears93

Liked Posts:
I could really see Minnesota losing 4 out of 5. Maybe 5 out of 5 depending if Bears or Giants can overcome them. I think we will win but Giants might fall. Which would still mean We'd have to win out.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see the Bears winning out. Fox is just a bit to conservative and we lack a bit of talent at the moment.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Right now we are the 10th seed. No way we get in without winning out

Seattle may lose 1 or 2 if Arizona has something to play for in Week 17 vs Seattle.

Atlanta maybe falling apart but they are a game up on us and currently the 7th seed. They get hot before it's over.

GB has to lose 3 out of 5
And Giants have to lose just 1

This week should clear up a lot since none of the teams above are playing each other (excluding Vikings, conceding the Division to them). They could all lose and if we win we jump 3 spots.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
We will be in good shape if we should win on Sunday. The Vikings and Seahawks play each other. We will make up a game on one of those teams. Atlanta does not look like they will be in the mix (playing bad football right now).