Highly regarded QBs that are struggling this year

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco - 14 TD 12 INT 83.1 Rating
Matt Ryan - 16 TD 12 INT 88.6 Rating
Teddy Bridgewater - 8 TD 7 INT 85.4 Rating
Ryan Tannehill - 20 TD 11 INT 88.7 Rating
Sam Bradford - 11 TD 10 INT 82.4 Rating

I am going to give Big Ben and Luck the benefit of the doubt because they have played injured. But their stats are not pretty.

Is there a reason for this? All of these guys would have been a slam dunk to be a favorite over Cutler going into this year. Is it the system that is so important after all? Are they just having bad years?

Thibetanus

Liked Posts:
In my opinion, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan were highly regarded (by some), but the other three showed potential, but were no where nearly as well regarded.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bridgewater is NOT a highly regarded QB. Nor is Tannehill

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
That list is actually quite a bit larger:

Stafford - He's currently on a roll, but before this there was talk that he'd be cut in the offseason.
Brees - Statistically still doing well, but there's talk that coach 'Malcolm in the Middle' and him will be parting ways this offseason
Romo - IR'ed, twice.
Kaep - Benched, then IR'ed.

Weird seeing all the Matt Ryan chatter happening today.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am going to give Big Ben and Luck the benefit of the doubt because they have played injured. But their stats are not pretty.

Is there a reason for this? All of these guys would have been a slam dunk to be a favorite over Cutler going into this year. Is it the system that is so important after all? Are they just having bad years?

You missed probably the biggest name - Russell Wilson. He didn't do anything until about 2 weeks ago. I know. I had him on my fantasy team and he (and DeMarco Murray) ruined my season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There has never been any talk of cutting Stafford....trading yes.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You missed probably the biggest name - Russell Wilson. He didn't do anything until about 2 weeks ago. I know. I had him on my fantasy team and he (and DeMarco Murray) ruined my season.

Only thing I'd mention is that Wilson is never really a big fantasy guy. He's more about efficency, which he still has a QB ratings greater than 100.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
There has never been any talk of cutting Stafford....trading yes.

You are right. The conversation was that the Lions have to move on from Stafford and there were Stafford or Megatron conversations going on.

It was like the conversations going on right now over Matt Ryan. People wondering if he's the future of the organization.

In the Falcon's example I find it funny because they are 6-5 and in the playoff hunt. They were playing over their heads early, but now have to buckle down and get back in a grove.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Flacco basically just all by himself this year. That team has no other talent to speak of. Don't know why Ryan has been looking so Cutleresque. He has weapons but after a real good start to the season that team looks like 1'of the absolute worst. Guess you have to blame coaching cause they have talent. The other 3 you mentioned never established themselves as anything more than average and Bradford was viewed more as a big disappointment.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In my opinion, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan were highly regarded (by some), but the other three showed potential, but were no where nearly as well regarded.

I always felt Flacco and Ryan overrated. VG QBs but not team carriers. I expected more from a healthy Bradford as well but the Eagles are such a shit show.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So is it safe to say Cutler is a top 10 QB in today's NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is it safe to say Cutler is a top 10 QB in today's NFL
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, yes.....

Tomorrow?

Didn't we pretty much say the same thing the first year of Tresticles?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
How the heck is Tannehill's rating only .1 above Matt Ryan? I am guessing completion percentage or yards per attempt but that just looks wrong.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only thing I'd mention is that Wilson is never really a big fantasy guy. He's more about efficency, which he still has a QB ratings greater than 100.

Problem with Wilson fantasy wise is he didn't run as much this year. The combo of his efficient passing, two TDs (once in a while 3) per game and rushing (including rushing touchdowns) made him an upper echelon fantasy QB last year going into this year.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Problem with Wilson fantasy wise is he didn't run as much this year. The combo of his efficient passing, two TDs (once in a while 3) per game and rushing (including rushing touchdowns) made him an upper echelon fantasy QB last year going into this year.

Going into this year a lot of people thought the addition of Jimmy Graham would all of a sudden elevate his level of play to be fantasy worthy. I never really bought in because their OL has always been bad and they are still a run first group.

IMO the best way to use their players would have been to go 1WR and constantly split out Jimmy Graham. If the other team plays him with a corner then you run, if they put a LB/safety on him you pass.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going into this year a lot of people thought the addition of Jimmy Graham would all of a sudden elevate his level of play to be fantasy worthy. I never really bought in because their OL has always been bad and they are still a run first group.

IMO the best way to use their players would have been to go 1WR and constantly split out Jimmy Graham. If the other team plays him with a corner then you run, if they put a LB/safety on him you pass.

You trying to make me feel worse about my pick? I passed on Brees to draft Wilson ...

In any case, you were proven right - Wilson and Graham never developed a consistent connection.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You trying to make me feel worse about my pick? I passed on Brees to draft Wilson ...

In any case, you were proven right - Wilson and Graham never developed a consistent connection.

Actually right now, in the playoff hunt, I'd probably prefer Wilson to Brees. He's only passed for more than 2 TDs twice this year and he has Carolina this week. That's the same as Russell Wilson, but he's run for over 50 yards 3 times.

Both have sorta sucked.

Actually someone that's been forgotten from that list is Aaron Rodgers. Sure he was great earlier on, but his last two games have been fantasy stinky.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I reached out to both Big Ben and Luck and they applaud you for giving them the benefit of the doubt, Thanks!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Andrew Luck, Manning, R Wilson to a certain extent Rodgers. It's a down year across the league.