Which Bears make the pro bowl this year??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Could Jay actually make the pro bowl this year?? I think if he keeps playing the way he's been playing he absolutely has a shot. Obviously he won't be starting cause that will go to Cam but i think 3 QB's from the NFC make it right?? K.Long probably won't make it cause of the position switch but if he finishes out well he could also have a outside chance. I can't see anyone else on offense making it cause Alshon hasn't played enough games.

T.Porter should go and A.Amos could also have a outside chance but that's about it. I know we all love McPhee but i'm not sure he's doing enough to make it.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I think slausen has a real good chance to make the pro bowl be able to cover at center and guard taking a leading role after Montgomery went down. I think he will make the list

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cam Newton and Carson Palmer would be my two lead dogs in the NFC with Aaron Rodgers still running third due to popularity and past performance.

Jay Cutler is playing better, but not enough to catapult him into the Pro Bowl unless the Bears win out.

Slauson should get a nod, IMO.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Aaron Rodgers will make it just on name recognition and reputation alone, as will Cam. It's not like Rodgers is having a bad year either.. his yards are down, but his other numbers are still pretty good. Those are the 2 locks. I think Carson Palmer also deserves to get it in, and Brees and Wilson also has name recognition on their side. So, imo, Jay will be on the outside looking in, but as you know, there are lots of players who sit out, which will give others an opportunity to play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think slausen has a real good chance to make the pro bowl be able to cover at center and guard taking a leading role after Montgomery went down. I think he will make the list

Good call. I forgot about Slausen. He's played well at both guard and center.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
AJ still has time to put some numbers up before the announcement.

Fuller is playing like a top 5 CB right now but is INT #s may hurt him.

Slauson should be a no brainier.

Cutler gets in as a alternate when either Cam or Palmer bow out because they r playing in the SB.

Porter and McPhee get in as alternates.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This could be the first year in a while that we don't send anyone.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Fuller is not playing like a top 5 CB.

Anyways, the answer to the question is obviously Marc Mariani.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cam Newton and Carson Palmer would be my two lead dogs in the NFC with Aaron Rodgers still running third due to popularity and past performance.

Jay Cutler is playing better, but not enough to catapult him into the Pro Bowl unless the Bears win out.

Slauson should get a nod, IMO.

One guy will be in the SB, and every year QB's say thanks but no thanks. There have been years when the fifth or sixth best QB goes. I don't see them getting down to Jay though.

Marianni for KR/PR?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You guys are dreaming if you think Jay or frickin' Amos are going to be in the Pro Bowl. $100. Any takers?

In any case, it's hard to pick anyone. I agree that Long or Porter is our best shot. Outside of that, um... no one.

The only thing I can think of is maybe Forte or Jeffery takes advantage of the name recognition, but with other deserving RBs or WRs, that seems slim.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say that Slausen has a shot at it and maybe Porter if they continue to play like they have thus far this year. No one on offense. Forte would be a lock if he hadn't have gotten hurt.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Slausen, Forte, and Jeffrey are the only ones good enough. Unfortunately, Jeffrey and Forte have missed too much time which will make it almost impossible, while Slausen has almost no name recognition. Cutler might make it because in the NFL today it is not uncommon for three or four QBs in one conference to skip the probowl. Long has a chance because of name recognition even if he is not good enough.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Easy answer: none.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't care. Just please Bears win the rest of the games. Then we are talking playoffs!!!!

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
by the time all the starters and any players from the super bowl drop out i can see a few bear players getting in

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is a lock. Did you guys see how he destroyed Denver?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Could Jay actually make the pro bowl this year?? I think if he keeps playing the way he's been playing he absolutely has a shot. Obviously he won't be starting cause that will go to Cam but i think 3 QB's from the NFC make it right?? K.Long probably won't make it cause of the position switch but if he finishes out well he could also have a outside chance. I can't see anyone else on offense making it cause Alshon hasn't played enough games.

T.Porter should go and A.Amos could also have a outside chance but that's about it. I know we all love McPhee but i'm not sure he's doing enough to make it.

Pernell McPhee would get my vote

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I would say Forte and Long have a chance. Name recognition is huge. Cutler deserves it and some coaches might vote him in but he won't get many can or player votes unfortunately.

I thought they did away with the conference and just pick the top 6 and in the NFL for instance?