WR Keenan Burton will work out for Bears Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course they would struggle, and of course they would be bad, but to look at picking up a guy who not only would be bad in the complex system, but doesn't do anything well that the system calls for is just dumb. If he just ran solid routes, fine. If he was bigger, fine. If all he was able to do is cut well enough to get separation from defenders, fine. But the guy does nothing that you need for this offense, and that is going to exacerbate the problems associated with playing in an already-complex offense should he be called upon to play for whatever reason. That's dumb.
:facepalm: @ the bolded part
Bigger doesn't mean better. Bigger receivers usually struggle to separate because they're so lanky and they don't have the speed to consistently separate

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
From ESPNChicago.com:

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Bears plan to bring in free-agent receiver Keenan Burton for a workout on Tuesday, according to an NFL source.

Reported originally by NFL.com, the club's plans to bring in Burton don't come as a surprise, considering the receiver's upside. A fourth-round pick of the St. Louis Rams in 2008, Burton was somewhat of a surprise release by the Rams after he started six of nine games last season, catching 25 passes for 253 yards.

The 6-foot, 206-pound Burton struggled to stay healthy in the preseason due to knee problems, which have also plagued him the previous two seasons. The Rams released Burton to make room on the roster for Mark Clayton, who was acquired through a trade.

Burton missed three games as a rookie due to knee surgery to repair torn cartilage from an injury sustained in his NFL debut. Burton returned in the ninth game against New Orleans, and suffered a season-ending right-knee injury that required surgery to repair a patellar tendon.

Burton played in 22 games for St. Louis with seven starts, and was widely considered to be one of the favorites of Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo because of his work ethic.

Considered to be a possession receiver, Burton caught eight passes for 57 yards in the preseason prior to his release.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
:facepalm: @ the bolded part
Bigger doesn't mean better. Bigger receivers usually struggle to separate because they're so lanky and they don't have the speed to consistently separate

Jesus Christ are you really this dense? I'm not saying that if he was bigger and faster and able to separate he'd be fine, I'm saying that if he had something going for him as far as what tends to excel/is needed for this offense, he'd be ok. Right now he has nothing. Good fucking lord, I didn't know stuff like this was this hard to understand.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
My guess is they want to convert him to a Offensive Linemen isn't that what they always like to do.

I am only joking JA

Status
Not open for further replies.