Bear players color-coded based on what GM they came in under

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
This is just offense and defense starters and backups.
I realize that but to get the whole picture on which players are from whom the rest really should be there imo.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I still think he was not bad at all in terms of talent infusion from free agency/draft but his coaching choice was clearly his undoing.

The dude abides. I just think two years is too small of a time frame to judge a GM.

That being said, the past is the past, and I like what Pace is doing so far.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I still think he was not bad at all in terms of talent infusion from free agency/draft but his coaching choice was clearly his undoing.

Very true. Racerboy still thinks bringing in and drafting 4 pro bowlers Alshon Long Bushrod Bennett, along with studs like Slauson Young Houston and promising Fuller Wilson Leno Miller equals a fail grade lol.....but then again, he thought the bust Kaep was the 2nd coming:cubspalm:......and the other bust Gabbert is outplaying him:lmao:

I'm just glad we have decent young talent to make a run sooner rather than later and give the negative and flat out wrong pundits a healthy serving of crow

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Emery gets way too much hate on this board.

We're talking about the guy who hired a CFL coach who had been out of the N.F.L. for 7 years over the reigning coach of the year Bruce Arian's? Who took a decent team and turned them into a laughing stock within 3 years?

If anything there's not enough hate for that inept moron.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice, would be better if Pace and Emery didn't have the same color, and it was larger, and it showed D and ST.

I appreciate the effort though.

They don't have the same color?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're talking about the guy who hired a CFL coach who had been out of the N.F.L. for 7 years over the reigning coach of the year Bruce Arian's? Who took a decent team and turned them into a laughing stock within 3 years?

If anything there's not enough hate for that inept moron.

Revisionist history. One year into the Trestman era all we knew was wrong was Tucker. He took what was a ballin defense and made it beyond pedestrian.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
An interesting question is what was the difference with JA's drafting between the first half and second half of his time as the Bears GM?

Imo, JA was pretty decent, perhaps even good, through more or less the first half of his stint. And fucking awful - sink the team bad - during the latter half.

What happened? Was he just lucky early? Did the staff change? Did Lovie start to make poor input in drafting? Was it the impact of the Cutler trade and losing all those picks?

Would be interesting to read an in-depth article on it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Revisionist history. One year into the Trestman era all we knew was wrong was Tucker. He took what was a ballin defense and made it beyond pedestrian.

Its not revisionist necessarily. Just a 10 cent narrative that is easy to repeat. Its the same with nearly every high profile figure. Always some bullshit over simplified narrative that follows them around and is only half true at best.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
An interesting question is what was the difference with JA's drafting between the first half and second half of his time as the Bears GM?

Imo, JA was pretty decent, perhaps even good, through more or less the first half of his stint. And fucking awful - sink the team bad - during the latter half.

What happened? Was he just lucky early? Did the staff change? Did Lovie start to make poor input in drafting? Was it the impact of the Cutler trade and losing all those picks?

Piece wouldn't even be good enough to wipe my ass with unless it had accurate insider information which we know wouldn't happen.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

I'm not sure but both his first round Oline choices were really bad, traded away another 1st round pick in Olsen and didn't have two for Cutler. That's 5 years of no first round picks having long term success. Sure we have Cutler for two of those picks but when that's not considered, ie just looking at draft picks, it looks awful.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I remember reading that Lovie spoke up in favour of Garrett Wolfe on draft day.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure but both his first round Oline choices were really bad, traded away another 1st round pick in Olsen and didn't have two for Cutler. That's 5 years of no first round picks having long term success. Sure we have Cutler for two of those picks but when that's not considered, ie just looking at draft picks, it looks awful.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

And he started missing on his mid to late round boutique picks also. But that void of no contributing talent from the first round is the major reason why they're where they're at now, particularly defensively.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

To be fair, you had Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut, and Peppers all going downhill, or just giving up (cough cough, Peppers). Tucker was terrible, but that defense would have collapsed with anyone at the helm.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think pedestrian is giving too much credit .

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The latter. Angelo was drafting for a 4-3 on D so expected there would be a lot of turnover on D and the 2 players in question are our best players on offense.

What type of did are you under the impression that Emery drafted for? And all of Emery #1's are starting and 2 of his picks are already pro bowlers. Hell Angelo didn't draft any other than Forte. I even draft pick on the 2 deep, just4yrs removed. That is laughably bad.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I don't think Emery did a bad job, but he failed tremendously when it came to hiring a coach and that ultimately ended up being what got him fired. Not disappointed he's gone though considering that Pace has brought in even more talent in just a year.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Interesting, I would have thought there would be more black players.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I honestly believe after the Super Bowl, Lovie got more influence and he was terrible with personnel.

The Bears were also handicapped without 1st round picks in back to back years, and Angelo jumped right off the rails on those years.

I think part of drafting is luck, you cannot guarantee who will get hurt, who will keep working after the get a big check, who actually studies or works enough.