Illini Hoops

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Groce isn't going anywhere soon because unlike Beckman, he can win a press conference.

Too bad he can't win good recruits. The player he does land, with the exception of TJL, are pure shit. He's always the bridesmaid but never the bride. Dude just isn't meant to coach top D1 talent. No amount of additional time or seasons will change this fact.

Fine, you want to keep him, that's on you. Just realize that the longer he stays, the more the program will be hurt. But whatever, keep him on for the next 20 fucking years if you want.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Too bad he can't win good recruits. The player he does land, with the exception of TJL, are pure shit. He's always the bridesmaid but never the bride. Dude just isn't meant to coach top D1 talent. No amount of additional time or seasons will change this fact.

Fine, you want to keep him, that's on you. Just realize that the longer he stays, the more the program will be hurt. But whatever, keep him on for the next 20 fucking years if you want.

So, IOW, Nunn stinks, Hill stinks, Black stinks (4* recruit btw), Finke stinks, Jordan stinks, JCL stinks. You aren't believable. He has run off decent recruits by trying to recruit players he wasn't going to get though.

And a solid strawman on your part, as well, regarding me wanting to keep Groce. I didn't say that. You magically think an interim AD is going to fire him? LOL. What a dumb comment. I've stated the obvious that IL will be keeping Groce through next season. That isn't a sign of support. That's reality, Mr. IdontwanttheCubstosignLester.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So, IOW, Nunn stinks, Hill stinks, Black stinks (4* recruit btw), Finke stinks, Jordan stinks, JCL stinks. You aren't believable. He has run off decent recruits by trying to recruit players he wasn't going to get though.

They aren't great. He had these players last year and they sucked ass. What the fuck has Black done to make you think he's hot shit? He sucked last year and was a disciplinary problem.

And a solid strawman on your part, as well, regarding me wanting to keep Groce. I didn't say that. You magically think an interim AD is going to fire him? LOL.

I'm talking about should, not will or won't. They should fire him. Whether they do or not is another matter. But Groce doesn't deserve another season. This is his 4th season and the team has gotten worse with each passing season. He only made the NCAA tourney with Weber's players, which weren't great, but were certainly a step up from the garbage Groce has brought in.

I don't know why you refuse to hold Illinois coaches accountable. You probably think retaining Bill Cubit was a good move, lol.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They aren't great.
They are B1G quality starters.

He had these players last year and they sucked ass.
Tate is a backup PG, not a starter. Like I said, need 1's and 5's. He shouldn't have brought Paul back, as colbert would likely still be there and the 5 situation this year would be better. Morgan is a low D1. He did not have Jordan or JCL last season, nor did Hill or Nunn "suck ass" last season.

What the fuck has Black done to make you think he's hot shit? He sucked last year and was a disciplinary problem.
LOL. He was a freshman last year.

I'm talking about should, not will or won't. They should fire him. Whether they do or not is another matter.
So the rest of the board has to suffer your whining, even though most agree that Groce is not the answer.

But Groce doesn't deserve another season. This is his 4th season and the team has gotten worse with each passing season. He only made the NCAA tourney with Weber's players, which weren't great, but were certainly a step up from the garbage Groce has brought in.
He hasn't brought garbage in. What he hasn't done well is coach defense. I suppose you want to bring back 38-33 losses like Weber had against Penn State. Perhaps you don't realize that without the PG he needs, the offense that is being run isn't even the offense he was running at Ohio. Where he failed was getting the 1 filled right. What garbage is being brought in is your post.

I don't know why you refuse to hold Illinois coaches accountable. You probably think retaining Bill Cubit was a good move, lol.
Accountable? LOL. Let me just walk in to Wilson's office later today and tell her I'm firing Groce. Retaining Cubit was not my choice. My choice would have been letting the Interim AD, who hired Jerry Kill and Matt Painter at SIUC, to hire Dino Babers. That was a missed opportunity.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes. You can't change JJ's Illini world for him and make everything better, so you must be for the Administration. :D

Little does he know that I hate everything about both the Illini football and basketball teams, and just like to troll the shit out of you fans. In my perfect world, they just drop those two sports.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Little does he know that I hate everything about both the Illini football and basketball teams, and just like to troll the shit out of you fans. In my perfect world, they just drop those two sports.
LOL. They could drop down to D3 level.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Groce now 0-3 with an utterly embarrassing loss to MSU. Scout Illini board in total meltdown mode.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow. Great information. Anyone with 1/4 of a brain would know they will start 0-4 in conference.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
LOL. That was before Abrams, Thorne AND Black went down. Quit posting ignorant BS.

Dude just stop. Please for the love of God, stop. U of I may come and take that diploma back if you persist with your nonsense.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Quit whining like a baby that this team is obviously bad, because t's obviously a bad team. :dealwithit:

If I can't whine what shall I do? Cheer them? Cheer a bunch of losers? I've been doing that since 2006.