CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And BTW JJ, unless the Administration really messes up the AD hire and can't get one by very early February, that AD could possibly see enough of Groce to send him packing. I don't believe that's going to happen, but if the new AD is well connected and a man with a plan, it could get done.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
And BTW JJ, unless the Administration really messes up the AD hire and can't get one by very early February, that AD could possibly see enough of Groce to send him packing. I don't believe that's going to happen, but if the new AD is well connected and a man with a plan, it could get done.

I predict an awful AD hire, just like Mike Thomas.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I predict an awful AD hire, just like Mike Thomas.
I don't have much confidence in their process, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while. We will have to see.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow. Hopefully that was an unveiling and not a once in a while result.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not sure if I should be happy or upset. Happy because they finally played a good game of basketball or upset that they haven't played like this all year.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure if I should be happy or upset. Happy because they finally played a good game of basketball or upset that they haven't played like this all year.
I think you should be upset. It's a huge part of your Internet existence here. :D

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Illinois drops a home game to Nebraska. That's a wrap on the season boys and hopefully the end of the Groce era. This just isn't working.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How hard is it to tell players to drive to the hoop? To go to the rim for rebounds? Every time a 3 goes up all 5 seem to already be running down the court to play defense and the team defense isn't very good.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Can we fire the coaching staff on an interim basis?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Can we get Bruce Weber back? Holy Shit Groce is a disaster!!!!!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Can we get Bruce Weber back? Holy Shit Groce is a disaster!!!!!
So Beckman improved his record every year. Groce? Not so much. Was he a worse hire than Beckman? Was Mike Thomas a worse AD than Phil Emery was a GM?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So Beckman improved his record every year. Groce? Not so much. Was he a worse hire than Beckman? Was Mike Thomas a worse AD than Phil Emery was a GM?

Thomas was a disaster though I heard he was close to landing Sumlin which could have really helped getting the arrow pointed up for Illini football. In fairness to Thomas, he did try to get Stevens and Smart to coach Illinois but neither wanted it. Not sure what else he was suppose to do.

Groce is just so fucking awful. And he's not recruiting well so he has 0 hope of turning this around.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thomas was a disaster though I heard he was close to landing Sumlin which could have really helped getting the arrow pointed up for Illini football. In fairness to Thomas, he did try to get Stevens and Smart to coach Illinois but neither wanted it. Not sure what else he was suppose to do.

Groce is just so fucking awful. And he's not recruiting well so he has 0 hope of turning this around.
He was close to Sumlin, but close doesn't count. He struck out with big names. It's possible the big names didn't want to work for him personally. It was clear he came in to fire two coaches. Most AD's don't operate that way. Not sure what he was supposed to do? Weber is better than Groce. Zook was better than Beckman. I hope that IL gets their AD soon. The players might have the chance to play for a different coach, one who knows how to coach offense and defense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He was close to Sumlin, but close doesn't count. He struck out with big names. It's possible the big names didn't want to work for him personally. It was clear he came in to fire two coaches. Most AD's don't operate that way. Not sure what he was supposed to do? Weber is better than Groce. Zook was better than Beckman. I hope that IL gets their AD soon. The players might have the chance to play for a different coach, one who knows how to coach offense and defense.

It's also possible the big names didn't want to work in Champaign.