CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wasn't going to happen. Purdon't had fresh legs and a game plan.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jaylon Tate arrested for domestic violence. 3rd player arrest in 9 months. Paul, Black, Tate.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make that 4 Illini arrested.

Kendrick Nunn arrested for Domestic Battery.

Whitman needs to re-evaluate his vote of confidence he gave Groce a few weeks back. This is getting ridiculous.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Totally crazy that AD Josh Whitman gave Groce another vote of confidence today. The team is terrible and has gotten worse every year under Groce. Recruiting is an issue and multiple players have gotten arrested since last summer. Whitman fired the football coach at a time where it is extremely difficult to find a quality coach and staff yet thus far has retained the underperforming Groce at a time when it makes the most sense to replace him. What has Groce done to deserve to keep this job?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Totally crazy that AD Josh Whitman gave Groce another vote of confidence today. The team is terrible and has gotten worse every year under Groce. Recruiting is an issue and multiple players have gotten arrested since last summer. Whitman fired the football coach at a time where it is extremely difficult to find a quality coach and staff yet thus far has retained the underperforming Groce at a time when it makes the most sense to replace him. What has Groce done to deserve to keep this job?
It's highly likely that Whitman doesn't have the cash to buyout Groce/staff and hire a new one after spending on the football hire, which is a shame, because a guy like Bryce Drew would likely kill it in CU. I would have at least hoped they would announce that the most useless assistant coach, who couldn't recruit well, would be fired and they would be bringing in an assistant coach who is a defensive guru.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I would guess that Whitman had Lovie Smith lined up before he was hired as AD, and that might have been his selling point to get the Illinois AD job..."if hired, I can make Lovie Smith the head football coach". Whitman didn't have a basketball coach line up, so we are stuck with Groce for the time being. I agree that Groce has to go. Groce's recruits are similar to Zook's/Locksley's, in that half of them end up in jail and never actually play for the team. The only reason Thomas hired Groce was because Groce's Ohio team upset Georgetown in the NCAA tournament, then history shows that pretty much every team upset Georgetown in the NCAA tournament.
Whitman did not have Lovie lined up before being named the AD. Just an FYI. Ron Turner was extremely helpful to Whitman getting in contact with Lovie and gauging initial interest.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what talent will the Illini have for next seasons new Basketball coach.