Could Major Wright start at FS in Week 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
God, I hope he starts at FS.

I mean, really, what could it hurt?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It could hurt him physically, mentally, progressively, and the team overall from all the time he missed knowing exactly what to do in coverage, and hopefully they let their safety project know the plays this time around.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Wright should learn from the bench..If he was healthy in preseason and made a huge huge impact in preseason I would start him..for now though I'd have him learn from watching the starters and then he'll gain time by working his way into the lineup the proper way.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope he starts. He's better than Steltz and Manning.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It could hurt him physically, mentally, progressively, and the team overall from all the time he missed knowing exactly what to do in coverage, and hopefully they let their safety project know the plays this time around.

completely disagree w/ this.

I think Wright should learn from the bench..If he was healthy in preseason and made a huge huge impact in preseason I would start him..for now though I'd have him learn from watching the starters and then he'll gain time by working his way into the lineup the proper way.

what the hell is he going to learn from a "starter" who isn't a starter on any other team in football? What not to do?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Completely agree.

I also completely agree, in the sense YES you do learn what not to do as well learn what to do.

I think it's safe to say Aaron Rogers learned some from Favre about what not do to, that's why he holds onto the ball like nothing else and doesn't throw passes when Favre would of and been throwing INTs.

The only thing gain-able is MAYBE, not a guarantee at all in an improvement in the possibility for 1 win in a likely non playoff season.

To be a good safety, especially in this system, you need to be aware of everything on the field with great intelligence and understanding. He may have the instincts but none of the experience which can hurt them especially if they want to do what I heard Tilman talking about in an interview about how they shut down CJ the second half of last years game.

Last edited:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He's got a lot of raw talent, and I think that putting him next to Chris Harris will do nothing but help him.

Start him.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are you basing this statement on? Lol

From what I've seen and how bad their safeties have played, lol. Also, Steltz won't even be dress for Sunday. He's not expected to play.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
He was gunna start anyway, only thing was whether he was ready to play from an injury standpoint.

Fiasco

Liked Posts:
Major Wright had pretty much solidified a starting spot next to Chris Harris in training camp. If he is healthy I see no reason why he wouldn't start, it is not like we have a competent player waiting in the wings. I have seen enough of Danieal Manning getting beat deep over the last four years that I have more trust in the rookie at this point.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I hope he starts, but I dont see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.