Just How Bad The McCaskey Family Is At Running And NFL Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Forbes' take:
How The Chicago Bears Fumbled Away A Fortune - Forbes.com

It's actually pretty pathetic when all of it is put in front of you and run down like this, but the good news is that it is possible that the team comes under new ownership when Virginia finally bites it and the rest of her pud-whack kids don't have the shares to control the team anymore.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Exactly, there is such potential in this organization and it's being pissed away by people that don't know the sport.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let them all suffer. Serves them right. Whoever buys the Bears is going to make a fortune. The Soldier Field deal was horrible. They should have put a roof on the stadium and expanded to 80,000 when it was renovated. That way we could have held a Super Bowl, AND the Olympic bid would have looked a LOT better.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last time i was at a Bears game was 1997 & got tickets for free from my dad's friend.

Until they clean house, i won't go back.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The person most likely to capitalize on that possibility is already in the building: Patrick Ryan, the billionaire founder of Aon ( AOC - news - people ) Insurance, already owns more than 20% of the team. He--or another new owner--represents the team's best chance of living up to the legacy of its founder.

This is the day I dream for when Patrick Ryan becomes majority owner. He's someone who I think will finally make this team worth it...Too bad Virginia will have to die before that happens.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The Dome takes away the prestige of playing on the lake front they now have at Solider Field... they would also of had to change the name, A field is not a dome, at least no other stadiums rebuilt with domes seem to exist non dome named. I.E. How people like Jones and Synder get their money, Stadium naming rights... and except for Jones initial success on the field it's done nothing more than the Bears since Jimmy Johnson's great picks got old.

And it isn't a rule you need a dome to play a super bowl, as the new Meadowlands will host, if that goes well Solider Field could be a target.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Dome takes away the prestige of playing on the lake front they now have at Solider Field... they would also of had to change the name, A field is not a dome, at least no other stadiums rebuilt with domes seem to exist non dome named. I.E. How people like Jones and Synder get their money, Stadium naming rights... and except for Jones initial success on the field it's done nothing more than the Bears since Jimmy Johnson's great picks got old.

And it isn't a rule you need a dome to play a super bowl, as the new Meadowlands will host, if that goes well Solider Field could be a target.

Soldier Field is way too small to host a Super Bowl...they'll never host a Super Bowl with their current stadium.

I've always thought the Super Bowl should be on a rotating schedule among every stadium in the league..Of course it would take 32 years to get through every team (at the moneht 32 years)...but I think it would be cool.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Soldier Field is way too small to host a Super Bowl...they'll never host a Super Bowl with their current stadium.

I've always thought the Super Bowl should be on a rotating schedule among every stadium in the league..Of course it would take 32 years to get through every team (at the moneht 32 years)...but I think it would be cool.

It just doesn't make financial sense to put a Super Bowl in the smallest capacity stadium though.

Plus, I don't want a cold weather/potentially snowing Super Bowl.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It just doesn't make financial sense to put a Super Bowl in the smallest capacity stadium though.

Plus, I don't want a cold weather/potentially snowing Super Bowl.

Didn't they bring up the possibility of a cold weather Super Bowl by bringing New York into the discussion of possible super bowl spots? It's going to happen sooner or later.

BEAR WEEEETHE###R

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
You know they were limited by the city as to what they could do with Soldier Field. The Bears org. does not own Soldier.

Fiasco

Liked Posts:
Didn't they bring up the possibility of a cold weather Super Bowl by bringing New York into the discussion of possible super bowl spots? It's going to happen sooner or later.

The 2014 Superbowl is already scheduled to be held at the Meadowlands, it is a done deal.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Lefty brings up a good point, they couldn't risk their amazing streak of games that start when the temperature below 32 degree's being perfect for like now 10+ wins.

Make more money, get more revenue to afford paying both D and O unit's new contracts in a super bowl year? bah that isn't as good as beating Bret Favre in December because it was COLD!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I love it when lovie says the Bears won because of "Bear Weather"... idiot.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love it when lovie says the Bears won because of "Bear Weather"... idiot.

1.jpg

i'm not known for brains

Status
Not open for further replies.