Bears vs Lions Post Game Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
The "D" look pretty damn good. Jay looked pretty damn good. YES, players could have played better, and they will. NFL makes the rules, all players play by, incompleet pass, enuff said. It's a "W" ! Lets get ready for the boys. :bears:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It may be the 1st game, but Chris Williams is looking like a bust. It doesn't get easier for him facing DeMarcus Ware next week. I don't have much hope for the Bears to beat them.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Our offensive line is still bad.... real bad.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Well, now that we have real Bears football to talk about, we want to see and hear from all you worrisome, dejected or confident Bears fans tomorrow night on the show. And remember, if you can't make it to the live show to give us your thoughts (7PM CST), you can email us at 643Sports@gmail.com to get your thoughts on the air.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Williams is too slow to play outside, they need to move him back in the middle. Will he do better? Probably not but he won't get beat as much because you don't have to be as fast.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It may be the 1st game, but Chris Williams is looking like a bust. It doesn't get easier for him facing DeMarcus Ware next week. I don't have much hope for the Bears to beat them.

It wont get easy against the Packers either.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:

I think you may be right, sadly.... i thought he'd become the centerpiece of the o-line when he moved back to his LT spot.. but he just got beat today..

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing about Ratliff is that unlike most traditional NTs, he's not a great run defender

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Chris Williams is too slow to play outside, they need to move him back in the middle. Will he do better? Probably not but he won't get beat as much because you don't have to be as fast.

If he has nothing to gain by moving to another position on the line, what is the point in making him learn a new position he can be sub-par at?

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
One thing about Ratliff is that unlike most traditional NTs, he's not a great run defender

he can blow up any running play when he gets quick penetration tho, which he gets alot

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
My biggest problem with this game was the play-calling on the four plays from the 1-yard line.

First off, you kick the damn field goal on 4th down. But that's been said plenty.

If you're going to play-action pass, you do it on first down. Maybe again on third or fourth, but there better be a run on the play before so that you can draw their defenders up.

IMO, the best short-yardage play is a quarterback sneak. There were players in both "A" gaps but it looked like the Lions DTs were in head-up 4 techniques on our tackles. Just enough room in our B gaps for Cutler to sneak in for 6, or just have him go over the top of the interior defenders who were bear crawling at the snap.

Here's my calls in that scenario:

1st down: Forte on an iso, probably shouldn't pull a guard given the penetration of the Lions
2nd down: QB sneak
3rd down: Play-action pass off of a stretch run
4th down: Forte again, but not same play as 1st down

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.