Jimmy Butler calls out Hoiberg, says Fred needs to be tougher

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly I would. Mainly because rose has coasted these past two years and doesn't play every possession like jimmy. It would be similar to Kevin love speaking out instead of lebron.

Would you rather Rose coast or goes balls to the wall and absolutely carries this team physically and continues his string of injuries as he did during his all-star years? There's a lot more to think about than you give credit.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Honestly I would. Mainly because rose has coasted these past two years and doesn't play every possession like jimmy. It would be similar to Kevin love speaking out instead of lebron.

If you look at some of Rose's game pre-injury, you will see a similar laid back style.

Basically you're proving that you're too biased against Derrick Rose to ever offer up any kind of solid opinion on the Bulls.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If you look at some of Rose's game pre-injury, you will see a similar laid back style.

Basically you're proving that you're too biased against Derrick Rose to ever offer up any kind of solid opinion on the Bulls.

I offer a lot of opinions. What does this post even mean? Anyone with knowledge of the bulls knows he went through the motions last year and most of this year. That's just calling it how it is. The intensity and passion he had pre injury was vastly different than what we've seen from him lately. To the point where guys are actually resorting to such garbage as "well, would you rather him play hard and get injured or take it easy?" Lol...it's crazy and you trying to compare his focus and intensity pre injury shows your bias, actually.

Either way, I speak on this team and talk about a lot more than just rose. Unfortunately, some people still get ultra sensitive about Derrick and these conversations tend to drag out.

As far as the comments, like I said, jimmy needs to be quiet now. But IMO, Noah and jimmy are the only guys who could get away with a comment like that as they play every game and every possession like it's their last.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I offer a lot of opinions. What does this post even mean? Anyone with knowledge of the bulls knows he went through the motions last year and most of this year. That's just calling it how it is.

You are not calling it how it is.

You purposely leave out the FACTS that he was coming off his second major knee injury last season and he's currently recovering from a broken face. Both of those unfortunate injuries have contributed to his play.

Matter of fact, this is a Jimmy thread not a Rose thread. Let's get back on topic.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Right or wrong, that shit stays in the locker room. Same with Pau who was calling out teammates.

If these guys are going to discuss relationships through the media, this team will be a ticking time bomb, and that also will devalue assets, so if you think that's a good thing for rebuilding, you're mistaken.

agreed it should stay in house. but do you think there is any way butler makes those comments if thibs is still the coach? I sure as hell don't. say what you will about thibs, but he always kept things under control locker room wise. hoiberg and his laid back style that everyone was clamoring for just isn't going to work with most of the guys on the roster. the saying goes, give em an inch and they'll take a mile

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
agreed it should stay in house. but do you think there is any way butler makes those comments if thibs is still the coach? I sure as hell don't. say what you will about thibs, but he always kept things under control locker room wise. hoiberg and his laid back style that everyone was clamoring for just isn't going to work with most of the guys on the roster. the saying goes, give em an inch and they'll take a mile

the reason people were clamoring for a laid back style was because they were no longer responding to Thibs hard nose style...so what style is gonna work?.....also the locker room wasn't sun shine last year either

while nobody called Thibs a sissy to the media, there was obviously some disconnect there. Thibs mentioned that you're either in the circle or out of the circle, Taj challenged Thibs on a few things he said about the team

then you had the whole Rose and Butler having issues rumors which i think are partly true...you think Jimmy is happy with Rose and how he has played? nope and this statement is likely a shot at him aswell

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
somebody on realgm broke it down like this: the team has been together too long and they are going through the realization they that aren't good enough even though they have been told they are

so what happens? the finger pointing starts...time to hit the nuke button

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
somebody on realgm broke it down like this: the team has been together too long and they are going through the realization they that aren't good enough even through they have been told they are

so what happens? the finger pointing starts...time to hit the nuke button

That is the best route. You have to rebuild. This roster just can't do anything. We don't have any superstars. Although jimmy is good i don't think he is a superstar. We need a player at the level or an anthony davis, steph curry, or kevin durant. This roster just sucks. A bunch of role players.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is the best route. You have to rebuild. This roster just can't do anything. We don't have any superstars. Although jimmy is good i don't think he is a superstar. We need a player at the level or an anthony davis, steph curry, or kevin durant. This roster just sucks. A bunch of role players.

how we get the superstars? You can't trade Gasol for Curry

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Less wins for Simmons! WE CAN STILL PULL IT OFF!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I mean, this roster doesn't suck but it's clearly lacking championship ingredients. Really, there's only about 3 teams that have a legitimate championship makeup/pedigree right now. That's GS, Cleveland, SA. Teams like OKC/Clips/Bulls/Rockets etc are all teams that are close, and will push some teams, but for a variety of different reasons will just come up short. So most teams are in our position, more or less.

So I think sticking with that formula and continuing to come up short is virtually insane. You need to make a move. Maybe you don't blow it up and completely plunge down the toilet, but if you're going to not be good enough, might as well not be good enough and get younger, more athletic, and hopefully build off guys with potential. Hanging onto guys like Gasol and Taj won't help you. Jimmy's really frustrated with this roster. He wants the roster to be as hungry as him. As tough as him. As tenacious as him. Outside of Noah and to a lesser extent Taj, that's not how this roster is. Jimmy's trying to call out everyone he can to get his message across and the message is really simple. Man up. Toughen up. Handle your business. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen and this team isn't going to become a championship caliber team. The Bulls need to shake things up and hope that a move like that, which they haven't done with this core, will yield better results than sticking with the status quo.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah Gordon said it's time for the nuke button, for me the first thing to do is to trade Gasol and Taj

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
the reason people were clamoring for a laid back style was because they were no longer responding to Thibs hard nose style...so what style is gonna work?.....also the locker room wasn't sun shine last year either

while nobody called Thibs a sissy to the media, there was obviously some disconnect there. Thibs mentioned that you're either in the circle or out of the circle, Taj challenged Thibs on a few things he said about the team

then you had the whole Rose and Butler having issues rumors which i think are partly true...you think Jimmy is happy with Rose and how he has played? nope and this statement is likely a shot at him aswell

they don't respect hoiberg. they did at least respect thibs. not saying thibs is the answer to our problems because the roster is still flawed, but we certainly downgraded our coaching when we replaced him with hoiberg. one thing I think everyone on here agrees on is that some changes need to be made

GalePayton

Liked Posts:

Jimmy's comments have absolutely nothing to do with Rose.

You do realize that he and Rose were side by side playing 50+ minutes in the 4OT game and were again side by side the very next night against NY? ... But where was Pau Gasol?

The only people trying to tie Rose into Jimmy's comments are the usual crowd that has an anti-Rose agenda, which is Joe Cowly, message boards like realgm, and their sheep-like readers/members ... lol

From my viewpoint, this place has better basketball minds than either of those places.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Jimmy's comments have absolutely nothing to do with Rose.

You do realize that he and Rose were side by side playing 50+ minutes in the 4OT game and were again side by side the very next night against NY? ... But where was Pau Gasol?

The only people trying to tie Rose into Jimmy's comments are the usual crowd that has an anti-Rose agenda, which is Joe Cowly, message boards like realgm, and their sheep-like readers/members ... lol

From my viewpoint, this place has better basketball minds than either of those places.

the first thing ever said on here that everyone will agree with lol :)

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
they don't respect hoiberg. they did at least respect thibs. not saying thibs is the answer to our problems because the roster is still flawed, but we certainly downgraded our coaching when we replaced him with hoiberg. one thing I think everyone on here agrees on is that some changes need to be made

the main fear was Hoiberg not gaining respect and people that worried about that were right. i was wrong to think this team was mature enough. hell i thought they were practically asking for change with how they played last season

in the end i feel bad for Hoiberg because i still do believe he can be a great coach but this is the wrong roster for him (he truly should have went to Minnesota..a young athletic team)

hopefully we shuffle this core out as quickly as possible and get some guys that fit Hoiball and actually want to play and hopefully Jimmy learns to keep his mouth shut because if he keeps yapping his jaws to the media hes outta here aswell

czman

Liked Posts:
why would anyone think that a roster full of Thibs players would ever be all in on a coach like Hoiberg? The Bulls still have talent. They are one of the more talented teams in the East. They were a real starting caliber SF for being a serious contender this year. In stead we get a half ass change and a step back. I don't see this team beating Cleveland twice in the playoffs this season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
the main fear was Hoiberg not gaining respect and people that worried about that were right. i was wrong to think this team was mature enough. hell i thought they were practically asking for change with how they played last season

in the end i feel bad for Hoiberg because i still do believe he can be a great coach but this is the wrong roster for him (he truly should have went to Minnesota..a young athletic team)

hopefully we shuffle this core out as quickly as possible and get some guys that fit Hoiball and actually want to play and hopefully Jimmy learns to keep his mouth shut because if he keeps yapping his jaws to the media hes outta here aswell

first I wont feel sorry for a guy making millions lol but also if he has the potential to be a great coach like you think then shouldn't he recognize that the roster he has inherited is not capable of playing the style of basketball he prefers and make some changes to what he wants to do to what will actually fit the roster talent that he has? I just don't see greatness from him in his future unless it comes in the form of the college ranks again, but that's just my opinion

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
first I wont feel sorry for a guy making millions lol but also if he has the potential to be a great coach like you think then shouldn't he recognize that the roster he has inherited is not capable of playing the style of basketball he prefers and make some changes to what he wants to do to what will actually fit the roster talent that he has? I just don't see greatness from him in his future unless it comes in the form of the college ranks again, but that's just my opinion

Hoiberg did dumb down his offense and implemented stuff from last year to get guys going. McDermott has said as much...just shows you how Special person this team is on offense

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hoiberg did dumb down his offense and implemented stuff from last year to get guys going. McDermott has said as much...just shows you how Special person this team is on offense

I wouldn't say that...more it shows that you cant ask a roster to do something that it isn't capable of executing. how many players do you think actually fit into the system hoiberg wants to run? you got dougie and I would argue to some extent noah that do and that's really about it