Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Show your work.
Your search feature broken? Or do you have bad short term memory.

The whole argument was if Butler was worth more or less than what he was offered. It then switched to whether or not Butler was going to get a Max deal. Then it switched to how Butler was going to go Joe Johnson, as his numbers last season were a mirage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy going from scoring 13 points on 39% in 40 minutes a game to scoring 20 on 46% was a unforeseeable improvement. that quite honestly is the best improvement ive ever seen from a player.

i don't think it was unreasonable ppl doubted him and then were skeptic about him maintaining. he has certainty proven allot of people wrong but saying he can be better than Wade is starting to overreach abit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My mind has fucking exploded. This cant be real. Has to be a troll or someone is just pissed Wade didn't come play for the Bulls. Only two possible scenarios.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My mind has fucking exploded. This cant be real. Has to be a troll or someone is just pissed Wade didn't come play for the Bulls. Only two possible scenarios.
Or just excessive :homer:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy going from scoring 13 points on 39% in 40 minutes a game to scoring 20 on 46% was a unforeseeable improvement. that quite honestly is the best improvement ive ever seen from a player.

i don't think it was unreasonable ppl doubted him and then were skeptic about him maintaining. he has certainty proven allot of people wrong but saying he can be better than Wade is starting to overreach abit.

I agree. Wade in his prime was Kobeish. Butler is now in his prime and is an all-star. He can do some things better than Wade could in his prime but he certainly isn't in the same class as Wade as a scorer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that it is fair to say that Butler calling out his teammates and his coach turned up as a positive for the Bulls going forward. Sometimes clearing the air and confrontation is a good thing, although there are a lot of namby pamby politically correct jokers who cannot take calling a spade a spade. And Butler also has stepped up his own game which makes it easier for the players that he called out to follow him.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think that it is fair to say that Butler calling out his teammates and his coach turned up as a positive for the Bulls going forward. Sometimes clearing the air and confrontation is a good thing, although there are a lot of namby pamby politically correct jokers who cannot take calling a spade a spade. And Butler also has stepped up his own game which makes it easier for the players that he called out to follow him.

I agree with this. Butler is doing everything right since those comments too. He's showing up at 8 am before practice, he's putting in the work, playing the best basketball of his life, and more importantly, the team is winning and seemingly more cohesive.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

its whatever Paxson told them that seemed to have such a profound effect

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler never should have made those comments publicly, but shit haps. You learn from it

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The brewhaha in the press, and on this forum, was much ado about nothing. I remember Pau calling out Kobe before the titles started coming in in LA. Kobe was not all bothered by it. It happens often. But it seems like in Chicago, if a player is upset with losing, the fans want them gone, regardless of how much better they make the team.

People wanted Briggs gone, Forte gone, were glad when Marshall got dealt. Hell, had this board been around when Collins was the coach, the majority of posters here would have wanted to trade Jordan.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I believe Jimmy is talking about Pau Gasol, whose pick and roll defense has been atrocious. He and Mirotic both suck at it.

It's interesting that Pau didn't even make the trip to NY because of fatigue, yet both Jimmy and Rose played tonight after logging big minutes in the 4 overtime game last night.

I'm rolling with Jimmy, but I believe Fred deserves more time to implement his scheme and discipline measures.

Just imagine this board (and other message boards) if Rose would've said what Jimmy said ... lol
^^^^^This post was in December.

I told you guys that Pau Gasol was the problem all along, but too many of you wanted to create a false rivalry of Jimmy versus Rose because of your dislike of Rose.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jimmy Butler is not going to get a whole hell of a lot better. He is a great two way player that has worked on his game, and has shown a ton of growth in this game. He is also is a ball stopper that really might not fit into Fred's offense if he is not going to buy into the system.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
In an attempt to motivate the Bulls, Fred Hoiberg shows them a clip from Dumb & Dumber at practice ??yeah I thought going into it that he would be a decent HC in the NBA but I really don't know anymore

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't been this sick to my stomach as a bulls fan since we traded Elton Brand rookie of the year for a high school project

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The only reason the Bulls traded Brand is because they didn't want to pay him his extension. The Bulls sucked and weren't getting playoff revenue, so JR didn't want to pay a max deal. They opted to cash him in for a younger, cheaper, and seemingly great prospect. Honestly, I completely understand the thought process.