Fox and his inadequacies at clock management

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox got a ton of credit for having his team prepared to play and being well coached.

This is 3 games in a row that they have looked like shit.

There isn't enough continuity on either side of the ball for this team to get and stay in a rhythm. This team is too talent deficient for 'next man up' coach speak. I'm sure the coaches understand that. There comes a point where even your most talented players can't continue to carry a team.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
They did mismanage the end of the det game (and numerous and of1st halves) but the point is these issues will be present if/when the bears get good under this staff....fox hasnt or cant change

Agreed, but for right now, I trust in Fox and co. to bring this team back to a respectable state of football. If we continue having 5-11 seasons with somewhat clear evidence of talent on the roster, then we should focus our frustration on the coaches. Until then, I will be blaming our shitty players.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Just look at ron rivera

Went from one of about 29 conservative moron coaches who had poor game/time mgmt to riverboat ron, a guy who has balls to go for it and play aggressively

He's now won 3 straight div titles and 17 straight reg season games

I have 100% confidence that fox will NOT change his style....however long he is here he'll have clock and timeout issues and the better the team gets the MORE conservative he'll get (which is saying something after watching this season)

The X-factor there is having Cam who can make plays in a variety of ways. There's nobody like him in the NFL. Size, speed and arm. Not to mention he's finally coming into his own.

You'd be flat out dumb not to put the ball in his hands in those situations.

4th and 1. Good luck to any defense. Read option, bootleg, naked bootleg, QB sneak (which takes insane penetration and a small army to stop with him behind center) ohh and he can beat you with his arm.

Two point conversion? Pretty much the same minus the QB sneak but the QB draw is still in play.

He's the exception, a luxury that affords Ron to be aggressive.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For what? To delay halftime just so they can punt again? I thank Foxy for speeding the game along, I got stuff to do.

You don't have to watch. I was defrosting my mini-fridge, washing clothes, and cleaning all the dog hair from underneath my mattress.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The X-factor there is having Cam who can make plays in a variety of ways. There's nobody like him in the NFL. Size, speed and arm. Not to mention he's finally coming into his own.

You'd be flat out dumb not to put the ball in his hands in those situations.

4th and 1. Good luck to any defense. Read option, bootleg, naked bootleg, QB sneak (which takes insane penetration and a small army to stop with him behind center) ohh and he can beat you with his arm.

Two point conversion? Pretty much the same minus the QB sneak but the QB draw is still in play.

He's the exception, a luxury that affords Ron to be aggressive.

He had cam for years and played typical nfl conservative football....ala fox.....the natural disposition of these fuks is to be conservative and say "thats the way the game has been played"

Im still searching for the rule that states you MUST punt on 4th down because they all do it no matter what

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He had cam for years and played typical nfl conservative football....ala fox.....the natural disposition of these fuks is to be conservative and say "thats the way the game has been played"

Im still searching for the rule that states you MUST punt on 4th down because they all do it no matter what
Ignore the obvious if you so choose... And continue to ignore the evolution of Newton...an MVP front runner. The only thing you make some semblance of sense is the fact there is no "rule". Correct. However, coaches know thei limitations of thier respective teams.

Genetically engineer somebody to dismantle NFL Defenses? Newton. Seen him up close twice living down south and he seriously makes Urlacher look small. TV does it no Justice.

Riddle us this Greg. Let's say two teams score 100 TDs during the course of the season. Team A kicks 100 percent of the time and is successful 95%

Team B goes for two every single time, what's the percentage of successful attempts they need to surpass team A in extra points?

Now, look up the League average percentage of successful 2-pt attempts ( because this is the blanket general number you've used in the past that has fuck all to do with the bears)

Even still, go ahead and use that number. You'll still find that team A is still putting more points on the board then team B when its all said and done.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Ignore the obvious if you so choose... And continue to ignore the evolution of Newton...an MVP front runner. The only thing you make some semblance of sense is the fact there is no "rule". Correct. However, coaches know thei limitations of thier respective teams.

Genetically engineer somebody to dismantle NFL Defenses? Newton. Seen him up close twice living down south and he seriously makes Urlacher look small. TV does it no Justice.

Riddle us this Greg. Let's say two teams score 100 TDs during the course of the season. Team A kicks 100 percent of the time and is successful 95%

Team B goes for two every single time, what's the percentage of successful attempts they need to surpass team A in extra points?

Now, look up the League average percentage of successful 2-pt attempts ( because this is the blanket general number you've used in the past that has fuck all to do with the bears)

Even still, go ahead and use that number. You'll still find that team A is still putting more points on the board then team B when its all said and done.

PAT from 33 yards are made at approx 94% rate
2pt need to be made at approx 47% to generate similar total points
Nfl 2pt avg is 48.6
2 point conversions generate more points
Any other questions?

The issue being discussed isnt based soley on 2 point conversions and cam newton....its based on mental midget coaches who have still have a 1960's mentality....4th and 3; 2; 1; an inch? Doesnt matter.....PUNT.....trailing late, punt; because we hope we'll get the ball back, etc, etc, etc

Any other lessons you'd like to learn about?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
PAT from 33 yards are made at approx 94% rate
2pt need to be made at approx 47% to generate similar total points
Nfl 2pt avg is 48.6
2 point conversions generate more points
Any other questions?

The issue being discussed isnt based soley on 2 point conversions and cam newton....its based on mental midget coaches who have still have a 1960's mentality....4th and 3; 2; 1; an inch? Doesnt matter.....PUNT.....trailing late, punt; because we hope we'll get the ball back, etc, etc, etc

Any other lessons you'd like to learn about?

Lesson #1 the percentage you are using fluctuates on a game to game, week to week basis. #2 never look at statistics in a vaccum, ever. Each team has differences in both QB efficiency and Oline efficiency that directly correlate in the percentages ON. A. Team. By. Team. Basis. This also factors into the decision making process.

This is where your logic fails on an epic level. Take a team, that is statistically below average in short yardage situations ( because of the QB and Oline efficiency) and say fuck it...got for it every time anyways. Pure Brilliance, Greg.

mecha

Liked Posts:
greg.. greg.. greg.... this is the guy that says the Bears should always go for 2 point conversions right? I think something something about the Bears lost the Lions game cause they didn't go for 2 on 3 attempts or something.

gregory, please stop. before you get phantom dislike assraped.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
greg.. greg.. greg.... this is the guy that says the Bears should always go for 2 point conversions right? I think something something about the Bears lost the Lions game cause they didn't go for 2 on 3 attempts or something.

gregory, please stop. before you get phantom dislike assraped.
Yeah pretty much.

There are zero generalized percentages for him to see he's been ass raped. As such, he'll never grasp it.

First timer would have a field day with this guy hah.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Using the logic of the two of you; about a third of leauge should go for it every time as they are 66% or higher

And mark trestman is a genius as the bears were 100% last year going for 2 and 11 for 12 in his career here when; using your logic; he should have considered that his team had a poor oline, sucked in short yardage and had a mistake prone qb.....yet they still made it 11 of 12 times? Wtf????

This isnt about going for 2....its about the overall lack of aggressiveness of almost ALL nfl coaches in most situations where a strategic decision needs to be made (go for 2, go for it on 4th down, fake punts, surprise on sides kick, etc).

Its been proven in analyzing the number that john fox is and always has been in the bottom 5 of nfl coaches when it comes to aggressiveness and poor decision making. It will really kill this team when they gey better.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well....by.my count that makes 4 of 14 games where the team looked like crap and didnt show up to start the game

30% unprepared is not a rigning endorsement for his strongest trait

I don't know the stats but it seems to me that in most of our games, the opponents opening couple of drives pretty much always put points on the board??

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This probably isn't the most popular viewpoint right now, but I still have faith in this coaching staff. We've been plagued by injuries on both sides of the ball on a roster that wasn't that talented to begin with. Because of this, I find it hard to blame the coaches for too much of this disaster of a season.

I have faith in only the defensive staff.