Lions sign ‘The Interceptor’

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions sign 'The Interceptor' - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

A think secondary in Detroit just got some veteran help.

The Lions have signed cornerback Nathan Vasher(notes), according to multiple media reports coming out of Motown. We reported here last week that the team had brought him in for a workout.

Vasher was one of the final cuts by the San Diego Chargers, who opted to go with more youth when it came to backups in the secondary. The Lions, though, are plagued with youth and a lack of talent. After Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) threw for 372 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday, the Lions had little choice but to seek out some help.

Detroit benefits by waiting until this week to sign Vasher. As a vested veteran, his base salary for 2010 would have been guaranteed had he signed before the first game.

Known as “The Interceptor” when he played for the Bears, Vasher was a one-time Pro Bowl performer. He struggled staying healthy in recent seasons and seemed to lose a step. But reports out of San Diego were positive and he picked off two passes in preseason for the Chargers.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He's now known as the guy who couldn't play nickel back in San Diego.

streetsled

Liked Posts:
i always liked vasher but his productivity has declined drastically. glad he found a job though and that its not with Da Bears

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears should of brought him back and release Tim Jennings. I still like Vashner even though he lost game.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's nothing more than a dime back now. He won't improve their secondary

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I loved Vasher in 05 and 06...After that..that hamstring injury he suffered in 2007 did him in. He was never the same after that.

I agree that hes nothing more than a dime back now...He wont improve Det at all.

Bears are #1

Liked Posts:
I hated to Vasher go down after his hamstring injury really thought we had something special in the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.