10 Facts from today's game

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fact: the Beats need to hit the reset button at ILB.

Keep Timu and Anderson, both seem interesting, and literally replace everyone else.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Statistically, they were top 5 in keeping cutler upright. It was indisbutable.

Today, they, along with everyone not named Forte was crap.

Hell, on Cutler's first sack, he held the ball almost 6 seconds...

Yeah, the O-line fail was definitely on Cutler. Because that is the only thing that makes sense

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fact: the Bears need to add at least 1 starting OLmen (RG or RT)

Fact: Grasu does not need to get stronger. He needs to get so much fucking stronger. He should be on GH when the season ends even if he gets a 4 game suspension.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's actually getting boring responding to Mongo. Our top five OL just magically went to shit. Probably because of Cutler.

I miss run and Shoot

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Fact: Grasu does not need to get stronger. He needs to get so much fucking stronger. He should be on GH when the season ends even if he gets a 4 game suspension.

Lol, I think you mean HGH. Although it would be cool if he was on General Hospital.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Fact: The OL besides Slauson and long at RG needs a rehaul

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is not a good team, but haven't we lost SEVEN games by 3 points or less? I thought I saw that posted today.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Grasu has some really great downs.

On others... He is bad at pad level, he's undersized, he plays on skates, he lacks basic strength, he is slow out of his stance, he is clueless in a zone oline scheme, he sucks at reading the under, and also kinda sucks at snapping the shotgun.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This is not a good team, but haven't we lost SEVEN games by 3 points or less? I thought I saw that posted today.

And we've won a hand full on last second drives by the same...

We're a team other teams know they can beat if they play hard and scheme well.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And we've won a hand full on last second drives by the same...

We're a team other teams know they can beat if they play hard and scheme well.

We won 2 games by scoring in the final 2 minutes while trailing. One of those was an easy FG (well not easy for Robbie, lol)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not debatable --- so please don't even try.

1) Fox and Gase went into full Special person mode.

2) Alshon is made of glass

3) Cutler pulled another Cutler

4) A Top 5 Oline played like a bottom 5 Oline.

5) Shame continues to be targeted as the biggest defensive liability and is without doubt, the worst starting MLB to put on a Bears uniform since the late 70's Bears. No really. Singletary, Minter, Cox, jones, Urlacher... Shame is not an NFL player. Sadly, as a first round pick, he has been given more opportunities than guys who can actually play. Sad. And anyone still backing him while watching him be a major factor in losing is also sad.

6) We got McPhee because Baltimore didn't want to keep him. Why? he isn't as good injured as he is healthy. And he's injured a lot. And came in with a lingering knee injury. Baltimore know more than we knew.

7) We are a 5 win team that really should be a 2 win team.

8) We have to be happy the Vikings DB's are not good at intercepting, because they should have had at least 2 or 3 more.

9) The Bears probably will not have a player representing the team in the pro bowl unless the picked players are in the SB and the back-ups say no. But if I had to give a nod to one player, it's Slausen.

10) Many of you said that you would take Cutler over Palmer, Wilson and Cam before the season started.... One said he would rather have Cutler over Rodgers. One of you would also have taken him over Brady. Please think before you post from now on. K? Thanks.

The O Line is nowhere near Top 5 and if you actually thought they were, no wonder you're disappointed.

We are not a 2 win team.

Nobody anywhere said Cutler was better than Cam, Palmer and Wilson. That's complete strawman stuff right there.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am with you on every point except the O-line being top 5. They are 12-15 at best in my book. Game scheme for a large part has kept them (until today) from being exposed. I am really starting to doubt that we should Franchise Jeffrey. I know he has the talent, but his china doll syndrome is starting to become a major concern. I am still laughing my butt off at the morons two-three weeks ago that were talking playoff run and winning out. And the #calledit on a 10-6 season.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's actually getting boring responding to Mongo. Our top five OL just magically went to shit. Probably because of Cutler.

I miss run and Shoot

Run and Shit*

Mkfdry0.jpg

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
We won 2 games by scoring in the final 2 minutes while trailing. One of those was an easy FG (well not easy for Robbie, lol)

Beat the Raiders by 2, the Chiefs by 1, the Chargers by 3, and the Packers by 4...

When you look a all 4 of these games, we arguably were the worse team. Arguably.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More like Cutler and Gase didn't help the Oline enough and the Oline looked closer to what they are. Jay sucked and took a really bad sack but there also weren't lanes for him to step to. Usually more than one guy to avoid.

To me, this staff looks like it may be determining who can play and putting players in positions to help determine if so. It's not like they're not trying to win but it may not be the most important thing going on in these last few games.