10 Facts from today's game

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
More like Cutler and Gase didn't help the Oline enough and the Oline looked closer to what they are. Jay sucked and took a really bad sack but there also weren't lanes for him to step to. Usually more than one guy to avoid.

To me, this staff looks like it may be determining who can play and putting players in positions to help determine if so. It's not like they're not trying to win but it may not be the most important thing going on in these last few games.

Sorry but I disagree with your not trying to win reasoning. If they aren't trying to mask obvious deficiencies then imo they aren't trying to win.

The OL is bad, I doubt they weren't aware of that

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
So what you are saying, is that based on what we saw in preseason, the Bears are who we thought they were?

:dennis:

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
Lol A Top 5 Oline played like a bottom 5 Oline.

Since when has this Bears line been a top 5

And you are asking everyone else to think before they post

Damn

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So what you are saying, is that based on what we saw in preseason, the Bears are who we thought they were?

:dennis:

If you are talking to me then, yeah

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Timu outplayed Sheamus at ILB...

By a large margin

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
Statistically, they were top 5 in keeping cutler upright. It was indisbutable.

Today, they, along with everyone not named Forte was crap.

Hell, on Cutler's first sack, he held the ball almost 6 seconds...
And you think that has nothing to do with the quick passes or Cutler avoiding sacks? It is the Line that buys him so much time?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah. The thread should have been locked after the OP. It's basicly what he asked for anyway.

Haha we should've stuck it on the front page of the main site. I'm sure that'd get a ton of new posters.

He starts off declaring his "facts" ....

tumblr_lroen5OC4z1qhgr6oo1_400.gif

And then suggests that no one debate them while sharing them on a message board.

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
So since when have the Bears ever had a top 5 o line? You suggest that 'statistically' they are indisputably top 5??? Bullshit. What about pressures? What about run blocking? I highly doubt that you ask anyone else to name their top 5 and the Bears wouldn't even be considered.

Also the Ravens didn't want McPhee because he doesn't play as well injured as he is healthy. Does that ever apply for ANYONE? On what fucking planet does anyone play better injured or even play remotely as well?

Other than that no arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The Coaches did a decent job masking all of our deficiencies for ten weeks. Then we started getting hammered in every area of need over and over again.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's like preseason. I have to admire they're getting maximum use of their time in the rebuilding stage huh

a huge criticism of the O-line since the beginning of the season has been run blocking. they were definitely weak there. and that's when they had better personnel available too. they're a far cry from the 2013 line for sure.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry but I disagree with your not trying to win reasoning. If they aren't trying to mask obvious deficiencies then imo they aren't trying to win.

The OL is bad, I doubt they weren't aware of that

Did you read what I posted? "It's not like they're not trying to win"

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It was nice seeing him behind the line of scrimage rather frequently and all over AP quite a few times.

Yes...it's sad when a practice squad player can actually play the position better than the guy calling the plays.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yes...it's sad when a practice squad player can actually play the position better than the guy calling the plays.

He didn't ever look fast, but he looked like he was in the right position at the right time frequently.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Maybe the problem is that Shea thinks that they are playing one hand touch football?