10 Facts from today's game

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Not debatable --- so please don't even try.

1) Fox and Gase went into full Special person mode.

2) Alshon is made of glass

3) Cutler pulled another Cutler

4) A Top 5 Oline played like a bottom 5 Oline.

5) Shame continues to be targeted as the biggest defensive liability and is without doubt, the worst starting MLB to put on a Bears uniform since the late 70's Bears. No really. Singletary, Minter, Cox, jones, Urlacher... Shame is not an NFL player. Sadly, as a first round pick, he has been given more opportunities than guys who can actually play. Sad. And anyone still backing him while watching him be a major factor in losing is also sad.

6) We got McPhee because Baltimore didn't want to keep him. Why? he isn't as good injured as he is healthy. And he's injured a lot. And came in with a lingering knee injury. Baltimore know more than we knew.

7) We are a 5 win team that really should be a 2 win team.

8) We have to be happy the Vikings DB's are not good at intercepting, because they should have had at least 2 or 3 more.

9) The Bears probably will not have a player representing the team in the pro bowl unless the picked players are in the SB and the back-ups say no. But if I had to give a nod to one player, it's Slausen.

10) Many of you said that you would take Cutler over Palmer, Wilson and Cam before the season started.... One said he would rather have Cutler over Rodgers. One of you would also have taken him over Brady. Please think before you post from now on. K? Thanks.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears are 4-4 in close games. Their record is about as fair as it gets. Otherwise yeah, pretty much.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
All true!

Soft tissue injury is 100% preventable unless you're unprepared, lazy and or out of shape.

It's sad but true. I'm concerned with offering him a huge contract!

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you hate Cutler so much?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
It means that if you don't understand it, you should watch more football

I think we've been a very competitive team up until this week, especially compared to last year, and one could argue that this team should be 8-6 instead of 5-9.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why do you hate Cutler so much?

I don't get it either. There are so many piss poor areas on this team. I get that the QB position is most important but you need a balanced team to win. Just watching the Bears games, even if we had an elite level QB, you can clearly see that we would still be finding ways to lose games.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think we've been a very competitive team up until this week, especially compared to last year, and one could argue that this team should be 8-6 instead of 5-9.

The only game that the Bears won that they probably should have lost was the KC game. The Bears SHOULD definitely have won the first Minnesota game, the Detroit game, and the San Fran game. They statistically were the better team in those 3 games and had the game for the taking late.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
We learned that when the curtain is pulled back, and the talent on this team is exposed, it is pretty pathetic.

Very true...

And when you say "the curtain is pulled back", you mean when the players who are trying to win realize that they can't make the playoffs...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very true...

And when you say "the curtain is pulled back", you mean when the players who are trying to win realize that they can't make the playoffs...

-When coaching does not bail them out
-When they are not playing for anything
-When they need to make a play outside of the scheme

When it is a Bears player just straight up needing to make a play against an opponent more often than not fail.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I was assured that the Bears O-line is top 5 in the league

Statistically, they were top 5 in keeping cutler upright. It was indisbutable.

Today, they, along with everyone not named Forte was crap.

Hell, on Cutler's first sack, he held the ball almost 6 seconds...

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Like I said, this is a full teardown and rebuild project. People are all talking about competing next season need to get their meds checked. The roster is likely to see another massive overhaul that will have Pace's fingerprints all over it once all the Emery guys are moved out. There is a small chance that all of Forte, Cutler, Bennett, and Jeffery could all be gone in the offseason. I'm not sure people realize that just yet.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
-When coaching does not bail them out
-When they are not playing for anything
-When they need to make a play outside of the scheme

When it is a Bears player just straight up needing to make a play against an opponent more often than not fail.

The whole team seemed to play to not get hurt today.

Very different than playing to win.