OT: Los Angeles

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
All west coast games should be moved back to the later game schedules (1pm PST). Most people, not on this board, don't want to drink in a parking lot at 9am Sunday morning.

You'd be surprised. I have been to plenty of USC games and even when they start at 5 or later there are tailgate parties going on at 9am on campus.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
I live in cali......All cali teams play at 1p when at home.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I was in LA in October and watched the Bears game against Oakland at a bar at 10AM PST...

But that game was played in Chicago, which is why it started at 10AM PST. Had they played in Oakland, it would have started at 1PM PST.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 using Tapatalk

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Yeah but those are college kids.

No, it's season ticket holders. Craziest thing I've ever seen, grown men on campus drinking it up at 9am or earlier. The last two ND/USC games I almost didn't make it in.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If San Diego went north it would drag some of its fan base to the games a couple of hours north. If the Rams go back they already have somewhat of a fanbase from the decade they already spent their. Both of those teams will do fine in LA. The NFL has gained so much popularity in the last twenty years you could put a team in Albuquerque and it would do fine.

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
It does seem odd that L.A. doesn't have an NFL team and the argument that there's so much out there to do, well every large city has that.

Plus how do you explain the other sports leagues having their teams there and if they're attended well, why not the NFL?

One team that was there for a long time was the Rams, they were there for almost 50 years. So if no one cared about the NFL at the time both Rams and Raiders left, what about the years prior to that?

Maybe everyone's right about that claim but you gotta wonder.

Here's a couple of thoughts about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-elnCZQhKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCOfrIBkWZ0

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
If San Diego went north it would drag some of its fan base to the games a couple of hours north. If the Rams go back they already have somewhat of a fanbase from the decade they already spent their. Both of those teams will do fine in LA. The NFL has gained so much popularity in the last twenty years you could put a team in Albuquerque and it would do fine.

It's been popular for years before that.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It's been popular for years before that.

Yes but some people say that the teams left because there was not enough support for them. I am saying that would 100% not be the case when they put a team there. There will be plenty of support for the NFL in LA.

twtw

Liked Posts:
A few things. The Rams and Raiders did not leave LA because of a lack of fans. There are still, 20 years later, probably more Rams and Raiders fans in SoCal than in St. Louis and Oakland respectively (Facebook and marketing data verify this). The Rams left because Georgia Frontierre wanted to return to her hometown of St. Louis and the Raiders left because LA would not build a new stadium with luxury suites for Al Davis. Except for the new Sacramento Kings arena, generally speaking, Cali doesn't subsidize sports stadiums (nor should they, being one of the worlds top ten economies).

Yes there are a lot of other things to do in LA, but there are also 18 million people. Filling a 75k seat stadium 16 times per year (assuming two teams) will not be challenging unless the teams are absolute bumblefucks like the Browns, Jaguars, Etc. even when they suck, the Dodgers and Angels average well over 30k, the Lakers, clippers, and kings sellout every night, and the ducks usually draw over 80% capacity for a sport that is far less popular in Orange County than football.

mecha

Liked Posts:
A few things. The Rams and Raiders did not leave LA because of a lack of fans. There are still, 20 years later, probably more Rams and Raiders fans in SoCal than in St. Louis and Oakland respectively (Facebook and marketing data verify this). The Rams left because Georgia Frontierre wanted to return to her hometown of St. Louis and the Raiders left because LA would not build a new stadium with luxury suites for Al Davis. Except for the new Sacramento Kings arena, generally speaking, Cali doesn't subsidize sports stadiums (nor should they, being one of the worlds top ten economies).

Yes there are a lot of other things to do in LA, but there are also 18 million people. Filling a 75k seat stadium 16 times per year (assuming two teams) will not be challenging unless the teams are absolute bumblefucks like the Browns, Jaguars, Etc. even when they suck, the Dodgers and Angels average well over 30k, the Lakers, clippers, and kings sellout every night, and the ducks usually draw over 80% capacity for a sport that is far less popular in Orange County than football.

thank you

remember when the Vikings were in contention for a move to LA? what happened with that?