McPhee torches teammates

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
McPhee's starting to remind me of Jake Peavy when he was on the White Sox. You know, how he'd talk about how the team was soft and they need to toughen up - and then he'd spend 2/3 of the season on the DL ...

McPhee should worry about getting on the field consistently and playing at a high level, not trying to manufacture some tough-guy/leader persona. And that goes for Kyle Long too ...

And, by the way, that was hardly a "torching" of teammates ...

Last edited:

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
McPhee's starting to remind me of Jake Peavy when he was on the White Sox. You know, how he'd talk about how the team was soft and they need to toughen up - and then he'd spend 2/3 of the season on the DL ...

McPhee should worry about getting on the field consistently and playing at a high level, not trying to manufacture some tough-guy/leader persona. And that goes for Kyle Long too ...

And, by the way, that was hardly a "torching" of teammates ...

Considering McPhee has dealt with multiple injuries from the beginning of the season until now yet he has toughed it out, played whenever the coaches allowed him to, and never used injuries as an excuse I think you are looking at it all wrong.

He isn't manufacturing a tough guy persona. He has proven he is a tough guy on many occasions and leads by example. If Eddie Royal had called out the team that is a different story but McPhee has earned the right to do so.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I like this McPhee guy

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like that McPhee is a fiesty one, and definitely not a quitter or a loser like cutler and co. But he is still quite fat, and he's not even trying to hide it anymore. He needs to share some of his weight-gaining tips, write a book, something...

Thoughts and prayers to that dudes knees... no way they ever support his 56" waist an entire 16 game season.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like that McPhee is a fiesty one, and definitely not a quitter or a loser like cutler and co. But he is still quite fat, and he's not even trying to hide it anymore. He needs to share some of his weight-gaining tips, write a book, something...

Thoughts and prayers to that dudes knees... no way they ever support his 56" waist an entire 16 game season.

Not too worried about it. He has missed 4 games in the 4 years before becoming a Bear and played at an even higher weight than he is now.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not too worried about it. He has missed 4 games in the 4 years before becoming a Bear and played at an even higher weight than he is now.

Ravens were smart with him, they strategically hid his obesity from becoming apparent by hiding him under field tarps on the sidelines. Then have him come off the bench and eat a lineman or 2, en route to the QB, for a handful of plays a game.

He's just too fat for a feature role. I #calledit 4eva ago. Classic "humongous square peg, round hole" situation in Chicago. :smh:

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ravens were smart with him, they strategically hid his obesity from becoming apparent by hiding him under field tarps on the sidelines. Then have him come off the bench and eat a lineman or 2, en route to the QB, for a handful of plays a game.

He's just too fat for a feature role. I #calledit 4eva ago. Classic "humongous square peg, round hole" situation in Chicago. :smh:

Don't ever change Douche, but no. Dude was one of the top OLBs league-wide leading all DL/OLBs in solo tackles and had 5 sacks in 5 games before the knee injury slowed him down. The injury has visibly affected his explosion but prior to getting hurt the weight wasn't preventing explosive plays on the edge full time.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't ever change Douche, but no. Dude was one of the top OLBs league-wide leading all DL/OLBs in solo tackles and had 5 sacks in 5 games before the knee injury slowed him down. The injury has visibly affected his explosion but prior to getting hurt the weight wasn't preventing explosive plays on the edge full time.

We will have to wait and see, my friend. Fact remains that he has yet to start a full 16 game season. I'm predicting that he never will. Also, he could experience a weight-related death before he gets to retire, though I'm not predicting that one.