Is #50 the worst 1st round (top 20) pick ever at linebacker?

willynowei

Liked Posts:
Watching #50 play recently I was amazed this guy was a top 20 pick. I think there's a good chance he will be out of the NFL in 2 years. I'm trying to think of a guy drafted in the 1st round, top 20 picks who is a worse linebacker (he played LB in college).

Can you guys think of anyone? Let's avoid injured guys/guys who got in trouble, lets focus on guys who got a chance to play, I want to know if there's ever been a guy whose played 3 healthy seasons post draft, who was a top 20 pick at linebacker and managed to suck this much. I can't think of anyone.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Brian Keith Bosworth

Position: LB
Height: 6-2 Weight: 248 lbs.

Born: March 9, 1965 in Oklahoma City, OK (Age 50.287)
High School: MacArthur
College: Oklahoma (school history) (Bosworth college stats)
Drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the 1st round (1st overall) of the 1987 NFL Supplemental Draft.

Career stats:

Tackles: 160
Quarterback sacks: 4.0

[/thread]

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Gotta Love Bo.

Later that season, prior to the Seahawks second matchup with the Los Angeles Raiders, Bosworth publicly claimed that he was going to "contain" Raiders running back Bo Jackson. During a red zone play, Jackson received a hand-off and, although Bosworth wrapped him up, proceeded to run for a short gain, knocking Bosworth to the ground and scoring a touchdown. According to Jackson, when he and Bosworth got to their feet after the play was over, he told Bosworth quote "next time, make sure you've got bus fare", infuriating Bosworth

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't be such a prisoner of the moment, OP. Shea is soft, weak and lacks any sort of instinct and nastiness, but he's not the worst of all-time. He's at least been on the field.

Shea's perfect position will no doubt be Division Three LB coach. You just wait and see.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Bo was in a movie! Shea is made of butter! He is the softest linebacker I've seen in a Bears uniform for sure.

He's embarassing

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Keith Rivers and Ernie Sims were pretty terrible being top 10 picks, and they were actually linebackers before hand.

willynowei

Liked Posts:
Bosworth was definitely a bust for the hype surrounding him, but the guy's career was destroyed by injuries (let's avoid injuries in this comparison because they are so hard to predict). If you could have a young & healthy Bosworth, are you sure you'd take #50 over him?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shea is garbage.

He does not need to be compared to anyone for that to be clear.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Boz comes to mind for me. Also that kid from Notre Dame a couple of years ago with the fake girlfriend:)

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Shea may not be every ones favorite LB... but damn... he's far from the worst EVER drafted to play LB in the top 20 picks. The problem with most of the bust is that you don't remember their names....... because they were bust... and nothing worth remembering about them. Also you to have to count DEs as well.. since the Bears drafted him to play DE.. not LG to begin with.

This is still his first year playing ILB. To expect a natural probowler would have been foolish to begin with... expecting a player who was going to make mistakes as he learned on the job to play a position he hasn't before... is exactly what we got.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Seattle drafted Aaron Curry 4th overall in 2009. Two years later, he was traded for a 5th and a 7th. That one seems worse.

Curry sucked big time. Shea will play one position every year until he runs out of positions to be moved to. Fangio said he wants Shea to drop 40 pounds this summer so he can transition to CB.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Curry sucked big time. Shea will play one position every year until he runs out of positions to be moved to. Fangio said he wants Shea to drop 40 pounds this summer so he can transition to CB.

Shea>MaryAnnie. WR/KR seems to be his next destination deej

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And be playing in the NFL while making more money than most here will ever see. :lol:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong.
73% of CCS is confirmed to be well endowed, former pro athlete level talent ( damn that middle school injury!!!), George Clooney-esque multimillionaires.
:lmao:

Liked Posts:
And be playing in the NFL while making more money than most here will ever see. :lol:

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Doesn't mean he doesn't suck ass at his job.

A bunch of posters on here could win the lottery, doesn't mean they are worth reading.

Last edited: