Is #50 the worst 1st round (top 20) pick ever at linebacker?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this a serious question? Of course he's the worst... have you watched him "play", like at all???

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
What bout the Boz?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The Boz comes to mind for me. Also that kid from Notre Dame a couple of years ago with the fake girlfriend:)

Teo has been amazingly mediocre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Quite a number of those on the board would not have drafted Johnny Manziel in the first round so that makes you better than the Browns GM. Still others would not have traded for Sam Bradford. Plenty would not have drafted Shea McClellin. Still others would not have drafted Curtis Enis over Randy Moss.

Ain't no one on this board would have drafted Brandon Scherff at fifth overall. Most would have avoided RGIII at second overall, and definitely would not have made the trade up for him.

Plenty would have done this without the benefit of hindsight. I know at face value it seems like an absurd statement, but there are plenty of stupid moves every year that GMs make that none of us would make.

The flip side of this is that, to my knowledge, Phil Emery had never pulled his cock out while walking by a car full of women waiting in a Burger King drive thru. Although, to my credit, I'm not alone in representing the NFC North in this regard.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Don't be such a prisoner of the moment, OP. Shea is soft, weak and lacks any sort of instinct and nastiness, but he's not the worst of all-time. He's at least been on the field.

Shea's perfect position will no doubt be Division Three LB coach. You just wait and see.

Being on the field has made him a bigger bust. He is a liability out there and should have been replaced by a street free agent. All he does is damage the team.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I lose respect for a coach that makes a stupid public statement about a player that the fans can see isn't worth shit and tell us he's one of the best player on the defense. Please....................................don't insult the fans, we see the other teams game plans and see him getting beat most of the time and that there is little to no football instincts.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shea may not be every ones favorite LB... but damn... he's far from the worst EVER drafted to play LB in the top 20 picks. The problem with most of the bust is that you don't remember their names....... because they were bust... and nothing worth remembering about them. Also you to have to count DEs as well.. since the Bears drafted him to play DE.. not LG to begin with.

This is still his first year playing ILB. To expect a natural probowler would have been foolish to begin with... expecting a player who was going to make mistakes as he learned on the job to play a position he hasn't before... is exactly what we got.

He is just playing out of position. He needs to go back to his natural position as their punter.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Shea is garbage.

He does not need to be compared to anyone for that to be clear.

But he's finally in his "natural position" and now with just another yr of experience he'll be a quality starer at ILB!

ROFLMFAO