Rose is waking up!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So the MRI is scheduled for tomorrow but he feels like he could play Tuesday? Alright...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Its crazy how jaded I am about Rose's injuries. I completely expected him to have a serious issue. And I'm an optimistic person.

Nevertheless, its good news.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because he could wake up tomorrow dead

Wouldn't take all that....anything like a sliver or a hangnail would do the trick. Or maybe because of his "double vision" he accidentally poked himself in the eye with his toothbrush.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
All I'm saying on this is that I agree wholeheartedly over the incredible amount of frustration when it comes to Rose's health. It pisses me off just as much as any other Bulls fan. However, I think people ridiculously read into every single thing he says and does just to find an easy way to vent that frustration. It's easy to say "Oh that's why he's 'coasting' out there" or "He just lacks the heart of a champion" or whatever. It's much harder to say "Well the med staff, trainers, and FO all came up with a plan for him this year & he's following it but what are you gonna do?". I can see how that's even more frustrating cuz it doesn't provide a simple logical explanation other than Rose is injury prone. And that's just it. Out of all this seething hate, the only REAL TRUTH of the matter is he's injury prone. All this other stuff is mainly just hearsay click bait.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Look...Rose IS injury prone and always will be. You pay that price for an explosive athlete. He was injury prone at Memphis with little soft tissue injuries like calf strain and ankle and what not.

He has had enough of them that the barometer to his career will never be playing 70 games. Thats fine, thats not what he is. The MVP year he wore out by the playoffs. He went full tilt an entire season and showed what he could be, but I'd rather never see that again to be frank.

He has always been a winner at every level, and he does have another gear. I like pacing him and letting him mature to fitness over the course of a season, and figure out how to peak himself come playoffs. Thats what we need most.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we are seeing a maturing Rose. Gasol is phenomenal, I actually think we are legitimate title contenders, and if you look at the teams we have beaten this year already how can you argue?

We are deep, and we potentially have three all-star level players. We have last years rookie of the year runner up, and we might have this years rookie of the year runner up when its said and done.

Snell has developed, McBuckets is getting there and just needs strength, calmness, and defense.

I laugh so fucking hard at the imbeciles who keep saying we have no wing talent, or need a point guard. Whats wrong with Brooks? Hinrich adds everything you want that Brooks doesn't have.

I have soured on Etaun Moores play, and don't view Noah as a good fit with this roster. Everything else if fucking cherry and if there wasn't a 300,000,000 roster in our division who else would actually scare us in the East? Thats a bullshit over cap team that James created by stacking the cards like he has shown he will do at every opportunity, taking himself to a team that had 3 first picks in 4 years.

The one mistake we have made is not figuring out how to get Aldridge here as the long term center. In every other way we are in the conversation of best built rosters with the Thunder and Golden State.

How you guys complain about management is beyond my understanding. The four teams that are clearly better than us, Cavs/GS/Thunder/Spurs

those are sorta fluke happening rosters. They stumbled upon a freak core group. I would propose that we are the very next team in this entire league in terms of core. We simply need Rose to keep getting back. Thats it. It isn't the best chance at a championship, we don't have Michael jordan. But its a damn good chance and Rose finally has shooters around him. I can't wait to see the final product, and watch Rose...one of the games elite competitors, scare the shit out of other elite teams in the playoffs.

If a couple bounces go our way we are the team that could have stopped Lebron from reaching the finals two different seasons. We have unfinished business.

I literally quit reading at this point of your statement. rose was NEVER hurt at the university of Memphis. he played just one season there and played in 40(yes you read that correctly) games. he didn't miss a single game that year. trust me, I know because I went to school there during that time. rose never experienced injury issues until the knee tearing began 4 years or however long ago it was now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
sCRxiOq.png

He's gotten better, still not exactly All-Star worthy numbers though.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
17-3-3 on 46% from the field this month.

He hasn't been old D Rose (we will never see that again) but he has been solid this month. Attacking a lot more, putting guys on skates and showing glimpses of that athleticism and explosiveness. Would like to see those assist numbers climb to the 5-6 range but at least he is making his mark scoring the ball.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose has played better and Butler is better than last year. Gasol in still a good player and Gibson is the most undervalued player on the team. That is four players along with Portis and Mirotic that are worth a damn. The rest of these guys stink all around. Get rid of the assholes who got this team to this shitty point. Fire Gar/Pax. LEt the new guys in charge find their own coach(Freddie is NOT THE MAN). and re-build this team.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I think your ppg should be higher than how many millions your salary is. But I guess he is improving and I can't complain about that but so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DO you guys think that this Rose soap opera will ever end? I cannot remember any player go down so many different times with different injuries. Either he is the unluckiest player ever or is just a china doll.I gotta think that at least some of it is his conditioning or rather a lack of it. He surely must not be a work-out warrior who can take the blow and still continue.

I'll also say one thing in his defense, though. The refs must hate the guy because he gets fouled a lot while going to the basket and the refs just look the other way.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I agree. The refs do not like Derrick and unfortunately, aren't capable of doing their job without any biases.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
21-6-5 on 43% shooting over the past 7 games in February.

MVP season - 25-7-4 on 44% shooting.

Derrick Rose has been very much like his old self as of late. In attack mode.