Okay this is Jimmy Butler's team

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Bulls have been linked to every big free agent that has come available the last couple years when they have had big money available to use. It is funny how this year, nobody is linking him to Chicago.

The destination becomes even worse without Thibs. Thibs was one of the main attractions for Carmelo when he was thinking about coming here.

Who the hell wants to work with a college coach who has proved nothing and whose best player has only spoke ill of him?

The only thing Carmelo cares about is himself and his money. It's his hometown, and he had 25 million reasons per year to stay there. Great players aren't motivated to leave in order play for certain coaches. Other players, yes. But not coaches.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy is representing us at the lottery so i guess theres our answer

its Jimmy's team and he wont be traded...then again i wouldn't put it past them to have him represent then trade him anyway as thats the type of lowblow shit they'd pull LOL

its also a rumor that they want to Kris Dunn (which they would need to trade up for unless a lottery miracle) all signs pointing at Roses tenure coming to an end? *excepts Gale to pop from his grave to say im Rose bashing*

Kris Dunn is a top 5 pick.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Kris Dunn is a top 5 pick.

yeah i don't think they have the pieces to move up

but thats the word from KC so its probably accurate

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm not as high on Dunn as others. But he has the physical tools that's for sure.

Still hoping to trade Jimmy for one of Simmons/Ingram + other assets.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
here you go Jimmy

CixAZU1UYAQu4jh.jpg

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Durant's right....but at the same time, it's a lot easier to respect Donovan than Hoiberg. Jimmy was out of line, unprofessional, and wasn't a leader because he didn't buy in, but I can't imagine being coached by a top 5 coach in the league who you had a bond with, then have that coach fired for a guy who didn't even have to earn the job. The Bulls didn't interview a single other coach and Fred even by Pax's admission, has a lot of work to do to become the coach he wants to be. It's actually completely ridiculous if you think about it. Jimmy should have bought in, but it's hard to blame him for not riding and dying with the likes of Freddy Hoiberg who is completely cerebral and easily the most dispirited coach in the league.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Well put. Completely agree with you. Durant is also older and much more mature than Jimmy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well put. Completely agree with you. Durant is also older and much more mature than Jimmy.

Not to mention, Durant from what I understand, has a very good relationship with management and ownership. I don't think Jimmy necessarily has a great relationship with Garpax, and seeing how Fred was their handpicked guy and was replacing a top 5 coach in the league who Jimmy loved playing for, Fred was coming in on some very shaky ground with his star player. You combine that with him not being up to snuff as an NBA coach and not holding guys accountable, being extremely laid back and uncharismatic, it was a recipe for disaster - one that the FO should have seen coming -

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Butler + Niko + #14 for Okafor, Grant, and the #1.

Yes, please. Then draft Simmons.

Simmons, Okafor, Portis, Doug are pretty good young pieces moving forward. We would have a shit ton of cap space. If this scenario were to play out, I might be open to over paying for Barnes since Rose and Taj come off the books in 2017, and we wouldn't have any long term, high dollar contract on the books. With the cap going up, we would still have immense cap flexibility and be very young and very athletic. Next season:

Rose/Moore
Barnes/Holiday/Moore
Simmons/Doug
Portis/Taj
Okafor/Felicio

I'd watch that team. Then in 2017, pray to God you could lure away Westbrook or take advantage of a deep class and an absurd about of cap space.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd actually draft Ingram, but to each his own.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd also go after Beal in free agency

Rose
Beal
Ingram
Portis
Okafor

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This scenarios are too optimistic. I'll only be more depressed when GarPax does nothing and keeps this defunct group together for another wasted season.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I'd rather it be Noel than Okafor

i like Beal aswell but hes way too injury prone. last thing i want is another big investment that flops and we're stuck with him until his deal expires...seeing "if healthy" so many times im feeling like Jack Torrance

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd rather it be Noel than Okafor

i like Beal aswell but hes way too injury prone. last thing i want is another big investment that flops and we're stuck with him until his deal expires...seeing "if healthy" so many times im feeling like Jack Torrance

I'd rather be able to trade Noah for Noel straight up, but that ain't happening. From what I hear, Philly isn't happy with Okafor - and while I normally don't use these arguments for getting players - maybe he would be less of an overall shithead back home.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler reminds me more of a hybrid version of Wade and Pippen. But with none of the post up moves and advantage in that area which both Wade and Pippen possessed.
...Wut?

For real though. Jimmy Butler is basically Reggie Lewis.

Very fine player. Combo G/F. Much more of a face up game. Two way player for sure.

Pippen/Wade is an awful comp.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to mention, Durant from what I understand, has a very good relationship with management and ownership. I don't think Jimmy necessarily has a great relationship with Garpax, and seeing how Fred was their handpicked guy and was replacing a top 5 coach in the league who Jimmy loved playing for, Fred was coming in on some very shaky ground with his star player. You combine that with him not being up to snuff as an NBA coach and not holding guys accountable, being extremely laid back and uncharismatic, it was a recipe for disaster - one that the FO should have seen coming -

Look at the track record when you want to see why Chicago is not a destination for top tier basketball players. Look at the ownership and the management. I am sure that Butler resented how they treated Thibs and was/is pissed off not just that he was fired but the fact that it was easy to figure out that the Bulls had talked to Freddie about the Bulls job while Thibs was still the coach. I hate the Bulls organization. Reinny is a terrible team owner and Paxton and Gar are two idiots who have botched up what once was a very good team and is now going to be a very bad team.