Okay this is Jimmy Butler's team

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
In a rare instance, I somewhat disagree with you OP. I think this is still Rose's team, but Jimmy is a STRONG 1B. He's definitely no longer a number 2.

With that said ... Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy!!!!!! He was amazing today (in the 2nd half lol).

This is NOT Rose's team anymore. Best believe that is how the front office feels...by the way, neither the FO or his teammates give a damn what the hood thinks, and I don't think Jimmy looks to him for a damn thing at this point. Doesn't mean they aren't friends/teammates, just that Butler has taken the reins and did so rather publicly. Jimmy is the best player on the team and everybody on the team knows it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
LOL ^^^^. When the going gets tough, Rose is still the leader of this team. It's no problem to let Jimmy do his thing, and when Rose gets back, I hope that he can lead the same way as tonight. But the Bulls are the best team when Rose is penetrating and running the offense as a PG. Anyone who thinks differently, imo, is just a hater.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't Rose have to actually play for it to be his team? The last 2 years it has not been his team, unless you were joking.

theinfamousdvs

Liked Posts:
Alright...let's be clear. Jimmy had a phenomenal game...but those shots ain't falling for him like that on the regular.

This was an aberration....a one time scoring explosion that went hand in hand with the already phenomenal job he's been doing defensively.

In order for Jimmy to maintain that type of scoring...he needs someone to command attention.

Rose can do it with breaking down the D and setting Jimmy up to roam and/or post up. Pau is also a great connection for 3 quarters (am I the only one seeing him get tired and miss that 12 foot jumper regularly after the 3rd quarter?)

For all intents and purposes...this is Jimmy's team. But he still needs an Alpha Dog scorer to maximize his value. We still haven't found one.

D

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I wouldn't worry much about Derrick. He'll be back on the floor tomorrow night against the Bucks ready for a 4-21 night trying to better Jimmy's offense from yesterday. Bulls will lose by 15, at home, to the Bucks.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't worry much about Derrick. He'll be back on the floor tomorrow night against the Bucks ready for a 4-21 night trying to better Jimmy's offense from yesterday. Bulls will lose by 15, at home, to the Bucks.
giphy.gif

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would say because of his good defense, it's a toss up between Jimmy, Klay, Leonard, and Harden as the best SG in the NBA right now.
Leonard is a forward

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Klay Thompson is ineffective offensively if jumpers aren't going in and can't consistently guard guys like LeBron. Jimmy>>>Klay
I agree. Klay is a better spotting up, and catching and shooting.

Jimmy used to play his best offensive ballnoff of the ball, but always was better off the dribble than Klay.

But this year-Jimmy has become an insane creator. He can iso now, and is a very tough cover, because he can finish with either hand, and has that fade away.

His post game is much stronger than Klay's as well.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spoiler alert

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man y'all really hate Derrick Rose in here.
Some do.

I'm more so annoyed with him than anything else. His play thus far this season hasn't lived up to any expectation what so ever either.

There's still time, but its dwindling away.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I really haven't talked to too many people in real life or on the internet who are actually still fans and believers in rose.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really haven't talked to too many people in real life or on the internet who are actually still fans and believers in rose.
If you go to reddit.com/r/chicagobulls you'll find plenty of blind Rose supporters.

IRL I haven't met anyone who still is a big fan of his.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i don't think anybody "hates" Rose every one of us here wish he was MVP Rose again

but the majority are just fed the hell up with the constant injuries and stupid comments to the media....if he could stay healthy and actually play well then the tune would certainty change

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't hate Rose nor am I necessarily angry with him. Disappointed, sure, but I have a hard time blaming him for being injured because it's really out of his hands.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alright...let's be clear. Jimmy had a phenomenal game...but those shots ain't falling for him like that on the regular.

Have you been watching Butler the past 2 seasons. You act as if he never scored more than 20 in a game until yesterday.

I am pretty sure he hung 40+ against the Pistons recently as well.

He has been scoring heavily without Rose on the floor for the past 2 years now.

And now he is showing he can iso, and create for himself and his teammates.

I'm not going to lie, when Rose was healthy, he was one of the best Iso players I have ever seen. His cross over was right there with Iverson. But he can't stay on the floor, and that part of his game don't come around here anymore.

Besides, Butler knows how to become a fixture at the stripe-Rose always struggled to get there. The league is taking notice of Butler. He is starting to get Star calls from the refs, and Star non calls (the no call on the foul of George comes most recently to mind)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Butler is going to have to show the ability to dominate and take over games at will for much more than a game or two. Great player who had a great game but I'm going to have to see it a lot more.