Okay this is Jimmy Butler's team

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't hate Rose nor am I necessarily angry with him. Disappointed, sure, but I have a hard time blaming him for being injured because it's really out of his hands.

I don't blame him for being injured, that is a mixture of genetics and luck. I just don't eve think he will be back to the level or close to the level of his mvp season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't blame him for being injured, that is a mixture of genetics and luck. I just don't eve think he will be back to the level or close to the level of his mvp season.

I think that hating on a guy because he gets injured is pretty unfair. What is fair though to level at Rose is the way he handles himself publicly. Some of the stuff that he says just pisses me off.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, he is just damaged goods. You think GarPax want to pay him for being the most inefficient player in the league?
They don't have a choice. Even if they waive him they still have to pay him.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Best case is Rose retiring.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What can you do? Perhaps if he had a jumper like KD he'd be right there, but for someone who's predicated their game on aggressive drives to the basket, it's hard to get back to that level by doing something you weren't as good at. Now his midrange game is still pretty good, but you're gonna have efficiency issues if that's what your game relies on.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I was one of the people who said he can't be a number one option on a championship team, but he is slowly changing my mind. The kid can flat out play ball on both ends of the floor.

czman

Liked Posts:
I really feel bad for Butler and a lot of fans. At some point in the next three years people will wake up and realize what Butler really is and they will turn on him just like they have other Bulls players. Yes, Butler scored 40 points in a half, he also scored 42 for the game. So he had 2 points in the first half.

Butler has taken more shots and more FTs than any other Bull. The Bulls are a bottom 5 offensive team by most metrics. That is what you get with Butler being you top shooter/scorer. You get a bottom tier offense.

I hope the people that are pumping him up now understand that he won't live up to it and don't lose their shit when he falls short of unrealistic expectations.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I really feel bad for Butler and a lot of fans. At some point in the next three years people will wake up and realize what Butler really is and they will turn on him just like they have other Bulls players. Yes, Butler scored 40 points in a half, he also scored 42 for the game. So he had 2 points in the first half.

Butler has taken more shots and more FTs than any other Bull. The Bulls are a bottom 5 offensive team by most metrics. That is what you get with Butler being you top shooter/scorer. You get a bottom tier offense.

I hope the people that are pumping him up now understand that he won't live up to it and don't lose their shit when he falls short of unrealistic expectations.

It's two fold. I think it's entirely possible (especially with MJ mentoring him now) that Butler can achieve an even higher level of success and I hope he does but there's a distinct possibility that he's reaching his peak now. Time will tell the tale on that. However, as it stands now, I agree 100% that this team cannot function strictly on Butler Iso's & pick n rolls to win games. While everyone has been quick to lump all the blame onto Rose for the lack of efficiency in the offense (and he is a part of it for sure), they've completely glossed over the fact that it has been Butler who has been the most resistant to Hoiberg's system and the primary ball stopper when it comes to the offense. Believe me I am not making any of this up. The evidence is all there on video and you just need to watch for yourself.

Just to give some more background here, last season Butler had the highest number of waved off screens of any player in the NBA. He basically refused most picks that were coming his way. When that happens, it stagnates the offense BIG TIME. How people have either not seen or blatantly refused to see these facts is beyond me. It has a major effect on efficiency, especially when Hoiberg wants the ball over half court by 21 seconds after possession change. Watch Butler bring the ball up and you will see it is almost never within that quick of a time frame. And I'm not hating on Butler here with this either. He's an incredible player on both sides of the ball. However, just because he's leading the team in scoring or considered tough or what not, does not give him a pass in my eyes when it comes to the failings of this team. This is an area he needs to improve upon in order for this offense to work properly. (Side note: It also doesn't help that his 3pt shot, outside of a few miraculously timed ones, has been utterly piss poor all season.)

czman

Liked Posts:
Not sure why you quoted me. Your post would have stood better on its own merits with no quote.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Not sure why you quoted me. Your post would have stood better on its own merits with no quote.

And it matters, why? I quoted you cuz I agree with you. No hidden agenda or whatever you're thinking there. :)

czman

Liked Posts:
And it matters, why? I quoted you cuz I agree with you. No hidden agenda or whatever you're thinking there. :)

My point is that your post would have been more effective on its own. No hidden agenda. I think I stated it clearly. My post added nothing to your since they are only indirectly related and you did not really need mine to build yours.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
LOL ^^^^. When the going gets tough, Rose is still the leader of this team. It's no problem to let Jimmy do his thing, and when Rose gets back, I hope that he can lead the same way as tonight. But the Bulls are the best team when Rose is penetrating and running the offense as a PG. Anyone who thinks differently, imo, is just a hater.

When the going gets tough...Rose puts a damn suit on. You're delusional. Not surprised you would call someone else a hater when you can't see straight concerning this subject.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

^^^^ This is it in a nutshell. No one hates Rose for being hurt....it's because if the inane crap that spews from his mouth and his general demeanor. His first two years or so, he could get by with that shit because he was that damn good but multiple knee injuries changed all that. The thing is that he's either too proud, too disillusioned or just too damn stupid to realize it. He still thinks he's an MVP...hell, he won't even be an All-Star...he's looking forward to his next big payday. What GM is gonna give him that? The Bulls couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him now. What makes it even worse is that the team seems to play more cohesively with him in street clothes.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense fires a lot better without him, then again when you're playing without the most inefficient player in the NBA an offense will tend to look better.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I hate to quote Rosenbloom- but I happen to agree with him on this issue. This isn't Noah's team or Derrick's or Jimmy's. It's LeBron's team. And he proves it every spring when he comes here and beats this team down. Until they can get past him- this is all a bunch of bullshit talk.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

Pretty ridiculous statement. Causation vs correlation. Pau and Rose still have higher usage rates than Jimmy - and neither has a TS that's even league fucking average. Pau is 277th in the entire NBA, Rose is 377th in the league. Both Pau and Rose are sporting usage rates near 25. Two of the Bulls three big guns are massively inefficient- that fact- more than Jimmy's offense- is to blame for why the offense is a bottom 10 offense (now 22nd in ORTG). What would the Bulls offense be ranked if Pau and Rose were even league average? You guessed it- top ten.

czman

Liked Posts:
Pretty ridiculous statement. Causation vs correlation. Pau and Rose still have higher usage rates than Jimmy - and neither has a TS that's even league fucking average. Pau is 277th in the entire NBA, Rose is 377th in the league. Both Pau and Rose are sporting usage rates near 25. Two of the Bulls three big guns are massively inefficient- that fact- more than Jimmy's offense- is to blame for why the offense is a bottom 10 offense (now 22nd in ORTG). What would the Bulls offense be ranked if Pau and Rose were even league average? You guessed it- top ten.

Usage is garbage. It has a normalizer on a normalizer built into it. If you hae ever actually pulled the normailizer out of the Hollinger stats and just went with pure data you would realize just how shit they are. Pau has a better PER than Butler too. Don't use broken stats to make a invalid point. My guess is you don't even know how those stats are calculated.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the going gets tough...Rose puts a damn suit on. You're delusional. Not surprised you would call someone else a hater when you can't see straight concerning this subject.

Because he was cleared to play in the 2013 post season and didn't? Get over it. There were plenty of reasons not to play which you're conveniently ignoring.