Marc Trestman and his 2015 results as OC in Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was barely below his statistical norms when he went down. As per usual he had a QB rating around the mid-80s and was on pace for around 23 TDs 4000 yards. However, his ints were up a little but his accuracy was as well.

It was going to be a typical flacco year. He's overrated.

He may be overpaid, but I dont get the impression he is overrated by anyone. Middle of the road guy that happened to have a literally amazing, astounding, stunningly good post season the super bowl year.

He has always walked the thin line between good and decent enough.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is the point of this thread? It is so full of fail.

No it isnt. You couldnt debate one thing he posted. So how about we talk about when you said Hanie was better than Cutler? Only because we are talking about the past

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure it is about trains and pandas.
panda-train-cute-riding-red-54745488.jpg

I think your right :yep:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Many people do not know this, but Pandas commute via train from their mountain homes to the lowlands to consume bamboo.
Wise pandas buy monthly passes.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Many people do not know this, but Pandas commute via train from their mountain homes to the lowlands to consume bamboo.
Wise pandas buy monthly passes.

Had to fix it so it fit in with the thread.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
didn't the ravens loose Flacco ? I am not sticking up for trestman but that had to hurt the offense a little oh and two of their top rbs too. that may of had something to do with it too

I know the post was a bit long winded but you must not have read it. For your question was more than answered with what I wrote.

Then of course the most obvious QB whisperer problem was how poorly Trestman communicated with Flacco and the poor results that followed.

2014 Flacco / 344 comp / 554 att / 62.1% / 27 TD (4.9%) / 12 INT (2.2%) / 3986 pass yards / 7.2 YPA / 19 sacks / 91.0 rating

2015 Flacco / 266 comp / 413 att / 64.4% / 14 TD (3.4%) / 12 INT (2.9%) / 2791 pass yards / 6.8 YPA / 16 sacks / 83.1 rating

I also added some Flacco quotes regarding Trestman system and him basically not understanding it yet. Feel free to scroll back to the original post and reread it all. Flacco still made 413 pass attempts compared to the 554 the year before. So it's not like Flacco injury destroyed a productive season in the making. As you can see from the above stats.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't call them apologist but there are several posters who were good with Trestman because Mccown did well in his system for the first time ever in his career.

Basically those who liked Trestman just want Cutler gone and were sure he would do well with another QB.

Bottom line is Trestman sucks, period

While you are correct. I was intentionally throwing some chum into shark infested waters.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
I apologize for Trestman.... He was my first choice.... after I initially made my choice of Bruce Arians but after I had initially thought Trestman could secondarily be better for Jay than he already might have been.

Apology accepted, I will pass that along to the appropriate people.

Bruce Arians was my #1 and it appears he was the better choice. Although maybe, just maybe the Bears will get this rebuild done properly with Pace and Fox. I have more faith in them, than any of the other clowns the Bears have had running the show since the 80's.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Why are we still talking about Marc Trestman? It's time to move on already.

As opposed to taking about Marshall some more or reading one of Morongo stupid threads that never get deleted as quickly as they should?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Look, I'm not defending Trestman as a coach in any way shape or form, but this is dumb. Baltimore was without their starting QB, RB and WR.

With Flacco

2014 Flacco / 344 comp / 554 att / 62.1% / 27 TD (4.9%) / 12 INT (2.2%) / 3986 pass yards / 7.2 YPA / 19 sacks / 91.0 rating

2015 Flacco / 266 comp / 413 att / 64.4% / 14 TD (3.4%) / 12 INT (2.9%) / 2791 pass yards / 6.8 YPA / 16 sacks / 83.1 rating

Care to explain or is the injury excuse your preferred route and is said injury excuse applicable to other teams or only when you want it to be?

Also if you read the first posting. You would see that some of the garbage that the Bears dealt with, is the same garbage the Ravens were dealing with. Like the QB not being on the same page as the OC and plays constantly being sent in late.

Notice how Cutler and the Bears were usually standing around with 15-25 seconds before each snap and doing presnap stuff this year. Did Cutler magically get better at that or does maybe, just maybe Marc Trestman need to own some of that as his problem?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Not here but they exist out there in the world. Many Ravens fans were defending the Trestman hire saying it was fuckboy Cutler that torpedoed him

Most Ravens fan forums as still talking like that. Sucks to be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.