Soriano to get rid of Hop

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhm, he played for the Yankees and Rangers. And when he joined the Nationals, he refused to play OF, and he only played because they were going to put him on the disqualified list, which not only would cost him his salary, but service time as well
Soriano has a career -42.2 UZR and a -10.2 UZR/150 as a 2nd baseman, both of those are awful. And he hasn't played 2nd regularly since 2005, what makes you think he'd suddenly become a good fielding 2nd baseman when he has NEVER been one in his career?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
There's a reason why the Nationals were one of the few teams interested in him, it's because if you play him in the Outfield or at 1st, his defense is gonna be absolutely terrible. He can hit, but he costs your team a ton of runs wherever he plays. He's a bonafide DH, and he's never played in the AL.

Look, the value Adam Dunn provides, even after you take out the runs he costs you on defense, is only replicable by the top 10 or top 5 percent of other players at his position, he's just that good at hitting for power and getting on base.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Who is to say he would have done that in Chicago. Soriano was the same way until he came to Chicago. I swear we are like a one stop suck for players.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Who is to say he would have done that in Chicago. Soriano was the same way until he came to Chicago. I swear we are like a one stop suck for players.

Well considering he was already 31 when he signed that mega-contract and was already a sub-par defender, I think someone could have seen this coming.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What he did last night was absolutely ridiculous. He hit a deep fly ball and stood at homeplate to admire it, and ended up with a Double. It should have easily been a triple.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lou should bench him tonight to teach him a lesson and send a message to the rest of the team

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
What he did last night was absolutely ridiculous. He hit a deep fly ball and stood at homeplate to admire it, and ended up with a Double. It should have easily been a triple.

Yeah that pissed me off. I saw that play and started yelling at the TV. one of the main reasons I shut the game off.