BLACKHAWKS to repeat!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Another Hawks/Kings matchup in the Western Conference Final sounds awfully inevitable right now.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Dallas?

We've seen this year's version of LA twice....nothing we haven't seen before. Strong team with a wildly overrated goalie. Dallas on the other hand was really impressive...the Hawks have to escape their division before they deal with LA.

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bunch of choke artists in Big D.

The Wild will take em out in round 1 and as the tradition goes now we will eliminate the Wild in round two after a bruising series with Nashville/St Louis.

Then we get the Kings ... again. Its like the damn twilight zone. Different year same narrative.

Mattia

Liked Posts:
I think the Stars will go out quite soon in the post season, they have an awful defense and that is what matter most in the playoff.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I think the Stars will go out quite soon in the post season, they have an awful defense and that is what matter most in the playoff.

Their top 4 is pretty damn solid and they have cap room to improve. Nill is certainly not one to sit back and he loves making a big trade. I'd be pretty afraid of what the Stars can become towards the trade deadline. Really, right now, their weak spot is goaltending but they have 2 goalies that are capable of getting hot and stepping up.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think goaltending is really their weakeness, but it's kinda forward defense and just wingers in general in their middle 6. That one young guy has some skills but guys to play alongside Spezza & Eakin would help them out.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't think goaltending is really their weakeness, but it's kinda forward defense and just wingers in general in their middle 6. That one young guy has some skills but guys to play alongside Spezza & Eakin would help them out.

They are trying out some new lines tonight...

Benn/Spezza/Nichuskin
Janmark/Seguin/Sharp

First time all year pretty much that they have broken up Benn/Seguin. Niemi and Lehtonen have both played pretty poor this year and certainly below expectations, if one of them gets going then they will be in even better shape.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goaltending an issue, and they need some scoring depth. One-line teams don't win Cups these days.

We are a one line team right now as far as scoring goes.... 3rd line has gotten better but they are not contributing much to the scoring and the top line isn't doing shit with Captain Donuts deep in his slump.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We are a one line team right now as far as scoring goes.... 3rd line has gotten better but they are not contributing much to the scoring and the top line isn't doing shit with Captain Donuts deep in his slump.

Yeah but there's a pretty steep mountain of evidence suggesting the Hawks can find scoring depth by the time the postseason gets here. No such information with Dallas.

The Toews line won't stay quiet forever. And I think that Teuvo/Danault grouping on the third line is going to do some things.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The crazy thing about the West this year is that I really don't see a clear-cut frontrunner. Chicago, LA, and Dallas included. Every team has their faults, and some of them appear quite large. Well see what happens at the trade deadline.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Speaking of repeats, on WTTW tonight at 8 they are playing they are airing the Blackhawks Hat Trick special of the cup wins.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Speaking of repeats, on WTTW tonight at 8 they are playing they are airing the Blackhawks Hat Trick special of the cup wins.
Thanks for the heads-up.

wttw_1449096837.jpg

Goddamn, I really hate seeing Jay Blumpkin's photo-bombing melon dominate every important team shot. :rolleyes:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Great, now that JimothyJohnson said something half the team is going to get suspended for domestic assault and they won't even make the playoffs.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
No Dallas?

Every year there is a team like Dallas in the NHL. Regular season champs who won't sniff a Cup victory. In a seven game series, they won't want anything to do with us or the Kings.

Our mental toughness is unrivaled and while we might not win the Cup this year - no team will want to face us. And I certainly don't see Dallas eliminating us.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah but there's a pretty steep mountain of evidence suggesting the Hawks can find scoring depth by the time the postseason gets here. No such information with Dallas.

The Toews line won't stay quiet forever. And I think that Teuvo/Danault grouping on the third line is going to do some things.

how long are we gonna keep saying this?