BLACKHAWKS to repeat!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dallas has really came back to earth after a blazing start. The Hawks have always slumped late winter/pre playoffs, so I'd bet that will happen this season too.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not Dallas?

I admit I'm not in the loop with hockey that much, but until recently they were #1 in the West.

Well they've lost 6 of their last 7 so no, not particularly concerned.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barry Trotz is an extremely capable coach that can absolutely get the most out of that team, but no cup.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not Dallas?

I admit I'm not in the loop with hockey that much, but until recently they were #1 in the West.

They're good, but I'm not sold on the depth on that team, both offensively and defensively. Plus their goaltending can leave a lot to be desired.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Barry Trotz is an extremely capable coach that can absolutely get the most out of that team, but no cup.

Washington is one hell of a team and Trotz has done a great job with them. The leading Vezina candidate, great forward depth, and a very solid back end even with Carlson/Orpik out for extended periods of time this year. They are certainly going to have as good a chance as any if they continue to play at their current pace.

Mattia

Liked Posts:
Stars are good offensively but imho struggle defensively ... and playoff hockey is almost all about defense...so no, I'm not too concerned about the Stars

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Washington is one hell of a team and Trotz has done a great job with them. The leading Vezina candidate, great forward depth, and a very solid back end even with Carlson/Orpik out for extended periods of time this year. They are certainly going to have as good a chance as any if they continue to play at their current pace.

It's the East.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crawford is playing the bet hockey of his life! Some one, please keep him out of the titty bars:)

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It's the East.

Just because they are in the East doesn't mean they aren't a very good team right now. In fact, they are 8-2-2 versus the West this year (3-1-1 versus Central). Might have the best top 9 forwards of every team. If Holtby keeps it up and their D gets healthy...they could be a force in the playoffs. Certainly anything can happen in the playoffs (that includes to the Blackhawks) but I'd put money on them to make it out of the East.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks will win it all. They are just too good, to seasoned, and can turn a series around on a dime. 3 cups in 6 years, and a game 7 OT away from a 4th. Kaner looks like Gretzky right now, and with the emergence of Shaw, taking up for Saad, this team is just too talented, deep, and experienced for anyone currently in the League. I agree...repeat.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Dallas couldn't even win 3 games against us in a 7 game series. The Capitals won't even make it to the Cup, but if they do we'll destroy them. Perhaps our biggest threat is LA. Some teams, like the Predators and St Louis, are so mentally defeated by us - they could never beat us 4 times in a series.

I expect Tampa Bay to go on a roll soon. They could be there in the end.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dallas couldn't even win 3 games against us in a 7 game series. The Capitals won't even make it to the Cup, but if they do we'll destroy them. Perhaps our biggest threat is LA. Some teams, like the Predators and St Louis, are so mentally defeated by us - they could never beat us 4 times in a series.

I expect Tampa Bay to go on a roll soon. They could be there in the end.

Oh, like the 6-game winning streak they're on right now?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then what exactly do you mean by them "getting on a roll," because a 6-game winning streak certainly sounds like "getting on a roll"

That'd be 7 games at a minimum. Everyone knows that!