Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yet you have to post over on the Sox forum, because your sCrubs forum is full of retards.

It's ok when you troll the Sox board ALL THE TIME. But when Sox fans come here to discuss baseball, you and your butt buddies whine to the mods like wittle bitches.

LOL, you guys never come here to talk baseball. That's the problem. Like I said, if you want to talk about the White Sox, just go to the official Sox forum, not the desert on this site.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yet you have to post over on the Sox forum, because your sCrubs forum is full of retards.

It's ok when you troll the Sox board ALL THE TIME. But when Sox fans come here to discuss baseball, you and your butt buddies whine to the mods like wittle bitches.
I posted in two threads there in the past year and one of them was regarding the value of a Cub FA who was possibly a Sox signing. You're a drama queen.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I posted in two threads there in the past year and one of them was regarding the value of a Cub FA who was possibly a Sox signing. You're a drama queen.

He's a bad troll. There the worst.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He's a bad troll. There the worst.

I don't hang in forums of teams I don't follow anymore. I loved the Sox when it was owned by Veck. After the winning ugly season I lost interest as I was a Cub fan first. Well I guess I mostly followed Carey over to the Cubs.

Now on the 2005 team. They won it enough said. I really doesn't matter that they have been a long lasting team or not. On the current team they have a few strong players. Not sure on their farm system in general. They have been picking high just like the Cubs but obviously Theo had a stronger plan (results speak for itself)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
LOL, you guys never come here to talk baseball. That's the problem. Like I said, if you want to talk about the White Sox, just go to the official Sox forum, not the desert on this site.

Thanks for admitting what we already knew, you can't read.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't hang in forums of teams I don't follow anymore. I loved the Sox when it was owned by Veck. After the winning ugly season I lost interest as I was a Cub fan first. Well I guess I mostly followed Carey over to the Cubs.

Now on the 2005 team. They won it enough said. I really doesn't matter that they have been a long lasting team or not. On the current team they have a few strong players. Not sure on their farm system in general. They have been picking high just like the Cubs but obviously Theo had a stronger plan (results speak for itself)
I'd say the jury is still out on who is drafting better. But I get what you are saying overall.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say the jury is still out on who is drafting better. But I get what you are saying overall.

Yea, thats pretty far fetch. The Cubs are going to have two main starters in the past 3 years. Rodon would have to do some special things. Bryant is already a star and barring some major injury is going to get better. Schwarber is right behind him. I wanted to draft Rodon so this isn't a Cubs-White Sox thing. Schwarber has outperformed anybody expectations as well as the Cubs.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yea, thats pretty far fetch. The Cubs are going to have two main starters in the past 3 years. Rodon would have to do some special things. Bryant is already a star and barring some major injury is going to get better. Schwarber is right behind him. I wanted to draft Rodon so this isn't a Cubs-White Sox thing. Schwarber has outperformed anybody expectations as well as the Cubs.

The jury is out because it takes longer for Pitchers. The jury is still out with another top pick being added this summer. If Rodon turns out to be another Chirs Sale which could happen even as soon as this season, the White Sox have another TOR. That gives them three. If Fulmer does it as well, his ceiling is a TOR as well, though it is possible he's only a reliever. Can Anderson be one of the great SS in the game? That's what is meant by the jury is still out. No question that the Cubs are further along with their picks. It's not a Cubs-White Sox thing. At least it shouldn't be for this. It's an honest assessment. The Cubs are ahead right now but for how long? 10 years? Maybe. One or two years? Possibly. That's all that I meant by it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The hell are you talking about? Schwarber was the #4 overall pick. He's been pretty much exactly as expected. All bat, no glove. He was considered the best hitter in the 2014 draft. You acting as though the Cubs "lucked" into production from Schwarber is both wrong and hilarious.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hell are you talking about? Schwarber was the #4 overall pick. He's been pretty much exactly as expected. All bat, no glove. He was considered the best hitter in the 2014 draft. You acting as though the Cubs "lucked" into production from Schwarber is both wrong and hilarious.

Sometimes, I think you talk just to talk. Schwarber was a surprised pick at 4 and was not a pick experts liked such as KLaw. He was drafted so the Cubs could overslot. No expert or team saw him being drafted anywhere near 4. He was mid first round pick to most.

Signability: McLeod made it clear that Schwarber shouldn’t be a tough signing and it would leave the Cubs with extra money to spend elsewhere in the draft. He was selected higher than most mock drafts indicated so the Cubs could get him at their price. Those selected right after him could get more.

ESPN draft guru Keith Law’s take: In a draft light on power-hitting bats -- particularly in terms of college prospects -- Schwarber might have the most raw power of any prospect in the class, showing plus-plus power to right field thanks to tremendous lower-body strength and strong wrists. He transfers his weight well and has the type of raw power that could produce 30-plus homer seasons if he's able to play every day. He shows good feel at the plate, and a willingness to work pitches and get on base via walk, but doesn't have elite bat speed, and there's a lot of swing-and-miss in his bat as well.“We expect this to be a very quick process and get him out and playing in the organization and spend some money elsewhere,” McLeod said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/24597/rapid-reaction-cubs-draft-c-schwarber

He was ranked 90th on KLAWS top 100 after he drafted. Great post doe with uber facts.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes, I think you talk just to talk. Schwarber was a surprised pick at 4 and was not a pick experts liked such as KLaw. He was drafted so the Cubs could overslot. No expert or team saw him being drafted anywhere near 4. He was mid first round pick to most.

LOL.

Here is the video of him actually being drafted in real time:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/79260700/cubs-sign-top-draft-pick-kyle-schwarber-to-deal

"Best bat in college" "Most MLB ready bat" "fast track middle of the order bat" etc etc etc. It was a "surprise" he was taken so high because he didn't really have a position(ie he was pretty bad at defense)

But yeah, let's ONLY pay attention to what Keith Law said as if he's the only MLB talent evaluator around.

Again: "He's been pretty much exactly as expected. All bat, no glove. He was considered the best hitter in the 2014 draft. You acting as though the Cubs "lucked" into production from Schwarber is both wrong and hilarious."

More facts:

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/20/154858134

""Advanced college bat w/run prod potential. Struggles continue behind dish, must move to LF/1B, but bat contributes. Envision Matt Stairs type role. Solid history & LH juice dictates early consideration.""

Here's more of what Law said(since he seems to be the only one that matters?):
"In a draft light on power-hitting bats -- particularly in terms of college prospects -- Schwarber might have the most raw power of any prospect in the class, showing plus-plus power to right field thanks to tremendous lower-body strength and strong wrists. He transfers his weight well and has the type of raw power that could produce 30-plus homer seasons if he's able to play every day. He shows good feel at the plate, and a willingness to work pitches and get on base via walk, but doesn't have elite bat speed, and there's a lot of swing-and-miss in his bat as well.......He could have a similar trajectory to the one Kris Bryant is on, as both were college juniors when drafted...."

So tell me again how Schwarber being a very good hitter and fast tracked to the bigs was unforeseen?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/79260700/cubs-sign-top-draft-pick-kyle-schwarber-to-deal

"Best bat in college" "Most MLB ready bat" "fast track middle of the order bat" etc etc etc. It was a "surprise" he was taken so high because he didn't really have a position(ie he was pretty bad at defense)

But yeah, let's ONLY pay attention to what Keith Law said as if he's the only MLB talent evaluator around.

Again: "He's been pretty much exactly as expected. All bat, no glove. He was considered the best hitter in the 2014 draft. You acting as though the Cubs "lucked" into production from Schwarber is both wrong and hilarious."

More facts:

""Advanced college bat w/run prod potential. Struggles continue behind dish, must move to LF/1B, but bat contributes. Envision Matt Stairs type role. Solid history & LH juice dictates early consideration.""

"In a draft light on power-hitting bats -- particularly in terms of college prospects -- Schwarber might have the most raw power of any prospect in the class, showing plus-plus power to right field thanks to tremendous lower-body strength and strong wrists. He transfers his weight well and has the type of raw power that could produce 30-plus homer seasons if he's able to play every day. He shows good feel at the plate, and a willingness to work pitches and get on base via walk, but doesn't have elite bat speed, and there's a lot of swing-and-miss in his bat as well.......He could have a similar trajectory to the one Kris Bryant is on, as both were college juniors when drafted...."

So tell me again how Schwarber being a very good hitter and fast tracked to the bigs was unforeseen?

Show me ONE projection that had him coming up this year and popping 17 homers and hitting like he did in the post season? Show me ONE? All you are doing around right now is skating around the fact he was projected as a mid round pick and was drafted early. NO ONE saw him hitting like he did this past season unless you are some kind of fortune teller. So, I will be waiting for ONE factual source that projected him to excel this fast and early.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL.

More facts:

Also, lulz, you showed no facts or projections. You added one snppet to the snippet I posted for you. So, I will be waiting for ONE source.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Show me ONE projection that had him coming up this year and popping 17 homers and hitting like he did in the post season? Show me ONE? All you are doing around right now is skating around the fact he was projected as a mid round pick and was drafted early. NO ONE saw him hitting like he did this past season unless you are some kind of fortune teller. So, I will be waiting for ONE factual source that projected him to excel this fast and early.

So the MLB Network draft coverage was done by gypsies?

The video I posted(that was done in real time AS HE WAS DRAFTED) literally used the words "FAST TRACK MIDDLE OF THE ORDER BAT".....weird...exactly what happened.

Glad we established though that MLB Network are fortune tellers.

I gave you two sources and the "snippet" I added from Law also shows you're wrong seeing as well..."He could have a similar trajectory to the one Kris Bryant is on" but yeah let's ignore Law saying THAT and act like Schwarber coming up and hitting really well was completely out of the blue.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the MLB Network draft coverage was done by gypsies?

The video I posted(that was done in real time AS HE WAS DRAFTED) literally used the words "FAST TRACK MIDDLE OF THE ORDER BAT".....weird...exactly what happened.

Glad we established though that MLB Network are fortune tellers.

So, fast track middle order bat means he hasn't outperformed his projections? You still haven't provided one source. MLB real time. lulz

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, fast track middle order bat means he hasn't outperformed his projections? You still haven't provided one source. MLB real time. lulz

MLB Network draft coverage isn't a "source"?

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/20/154858134 isn't a source?

Keith Law saying this: "He could have a similar trajectory to the one Kris Bryant is on" isn't a source?

How could Schwarber being projected as a "fast track middle of the order bat" and becoming exactly that mean he was outperforming expectations?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
MLB Network draft coverage isn't a "source"?

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/20/154858134 isn't a source?

Keith Law saying this: "He could have a similar trajectory to the one Kris Bryant is on" isn't a source?

How could Schwarber being projected as a "fast track middle of the order bat" and becoming exactly that mean he was outperforming expectations?

You still ducking and dodging. Show One source that projected the type of season he had last year? He completely outperformed anyones expectations. Its funny cause you are talking about Klaw and dismissing him and naming MLB as your source. No one has said that he wasn't a middle order projected bat. I said he outperformed anyones expectations. You went off on a tangent just to talk and you have nothing to back it up.