Hawks send Garbutt to Anaheim for Jiri Sekac

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Former NHLer was the first one to tweet it about 10 minutes ago. Waiting to see if others confirm it. So far only Jay Zawaski from The Score has confirmed it.

Also the IGT is coming shortly. Don't you worry.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Seems legit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Which player is supposed to be the skill player ? :shrug:

Sekac.

Both are fast, Garbutt was fast but in no way was he a skill player. A fast grit guy without skill for a fast skill guy without grit who has talent to play in Europe but hasn't turned it into much in the NHL.

He wasn't bad vs us in the playoffs in their depth core in the WCF but not significantly helpful for them either.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little help on the left side.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sekac.

Both are fast, Garbutt was fast but in no way was he a skill player. A fast grit guy without skill for a fast skill guy without grit who has talent to play in Europe but hasn't turned it into much in the NHL.

He wasn't bad vs us in the playoffs in their depth core in the WCF but not significantly helpful for them either.

Sounds a little like Brandon Saad.

A little help on the left side.

This, too. Hawks still need depth at the LW spot.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like a typical Hawks player....nice combo of speed & skill. He should fit in well....maybe on LW with Danault and Teuvo to add another line that can score.

[video=youtube;KtoQCncCcPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtoQCncCcPw[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hurrraaayyyyy!!!

If Sekac never plays a minute of positive hockey, it's addition by subtraction. If not in hockey, in sportsmanship integrity and malcontent bullshit. Garbutt might be the first player I learned to actually hate and despise.

I go back and forth on Rozy, sometimes he is standing their late, sometimes he makes a beautiful stretch pass.

Besides being an ass Garbutt would also tempt skilled players to pass to his speed, where the fucking hack would fail and muck up the game. He could get open, he couldn't do anything with it.

It's a trap. Guy was a trap. And he tarnished the Blackhawks name for me the day he hooked a player skating past our bench.

That little shit I would love to drop gloves with. Fuck him. Fuck his stupid ill timed penalties and his stupid French face. Fuck. Thank god that experiment is over. New kid can have no legs and push himself around on a sled for all I care.

Young with skill upside to fit with us? Is this a joke?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he looks more like a finisher for Toews and Hossa, while Shaw can go be the engine on third. Hossa is an engine, Toews is grit, you need a finisher with speed. Teuvo is a finisher, Danult is a engine, but Shaw is a little of everything. Grit, engine, skill, which is why you can pair him anywhere, any side, any time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I wonder if Panarin was part of this or consulted about his KHL goals.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One Russian LW is good, two is better?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He's czech. Well it is 2 czechs again on the roster.

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:
Will cost us 25k more this season, but I like the move for next year cap flexibility.

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:
@Raskolnikov Garbutt was fantastic for us in his role. More disciplined, a great engine, active stick, and he chipped in 6 points... what are you even talking about?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are going to get into this with me over 6 points in how many games played? Thank you, I rest my case. (Furthermore, you think his penalty minutes justify 6 points?)

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:
He was a third and fourth liner... He's not there to put up big scoring numbers. If you think Sekac is going to come in and light it up in Butt's bottom line slot then I have some oceanfront property in North Dakota for you. He was on pace to have 12 points, which is normal for a 3rd/4th line slot. Kruger had 17 last year and he's considered an elite grinder.

Shaw and Toews both have 10 more penalty minutes than Garbutt. I love Shaw, he's my favorite dude on the team and I'm not alone. Yet he's taken far worse penalties than Garbutt, as per usual. They're both grinders, you have to expect a penalty here or there. Even with that, guy has 27 PIM this year. That's nothing through 50 games, are you kidding me? You're letting his reputation cloud your judgement.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Side note: I guess the game was cancelled tonight, there's no IGT yet. :thinking:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Side note: I guess the game was cancelled tonight, there's no IGT yet. :thinking:

wait_for_it.gif