Trade Scenarios

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls are the deepest team in the league. Doesn't translate into playoff wins because they have no top 10 elite players.

Ridiculous. Who is Rose's back-up? Who is Butler's back-up? Who in the hell is the small forward on this team? They have depth at C, and PF. Especially too much when Noah was healthy.

Face it, Snell, Brooks, McDermott, Hinrich, and the guard that I can't remember his name right now. are below average NBA players and they have the weakest SFs in the league even if you include Dunleavy which they can't.

Depth means that you have guys who can step into a position and not have a dramatic fall-off in performance. The Bulls do not have that. They have significant drop-offs in THREE DAMN POSITIONS. THey stink as a group in those positions.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I wonder who'll start at center next year. If they take one with the Kings pick, I doubt he'll start as a rookie. It sounds like Gasol and Noah are gone and the FA class is poor. It'll be interesting to see.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. I wonder who'll start at center next year. If they take one with the Kings pick, I doubt he'll start as a rookie. It sounds like Gasol and Noah are gone and the FA class is poor. It'll be interesting to see.

They need a Sf/SG and a point guard with their first two picks. Let Gibson play center and get an Asik type in the 2nd round. This assumes Noah is done. This team needs to rebuild and with the pace of the game, they need skill not size ala Golden State. With Portis, Gibson, and Mirotic they'd be okay in an up tempo game. Get some shooters and ball handlers please.

McDermott has convinced me that he will not be an NBA starter. He can have value as a shooter off of the bench, though. Seeing how Reinny is cheap, they are stuck with what they have other than the draft picks and some scrubs as filler.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade Gasol for a good draft pick and a young guard or small forward. Throw in Snell if you can get another draft pick out of it or a better draft pick or better player in return. But they should trade Gasol right now if they can as his value will never be higher and will drop pretty quickly. I am not sure how sign and trades really work but perhaps they ask Gasol what teams that he would like to go to and then start negotiations for a sign and trade?

My point is like this. They are not a championship team but have some nice building blocks for the future. Get ride of the dead wood and start playing the young guys more. Start Portis and Mirotic. Put Gibson in at center and bring McDermott off of the bench as a shooter. For cripes sake, that team would at least be athletic and fun to watch. Play 8 guys and let them bust their asses off. Hinrich, Moore, Gasol, and Snell need to go and as quickly as possible.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
They need a Sf/SG and a point guard with their first two picks. Let Gibson play center and get an Asik type in the 2nd round. This assumes Noah is done. This team needs to rebuild and with the pace of the game, they need skill not size ala Golden State. With Portis, Gibson, and Mirotic they'd be okay in an up tempo game. Get some shooters and ball handlers please.

McDermott has convinced me that he will not be an NBA starter. He can have value as a shooter off of the bench, though. Seeing how Reinny is cheap, they are stuck with what they have other than the draft picks and some scrubs as filler.

If they draft were now, I'd go with Dwayne Bacon and Demetrius Jackson in the 1st and Chinanu Onuaku in the 2nd. Then, I'd look to flip McDermott and Snell for some front court depth.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why not? Rose on a 1 year deal, Hinrich and Brooks probably gone. Seems like a perfect time.

I agree with you, like I said I think its the right move. I just doubt the FO will make that pick

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
With the front court depth heading into next season looking bleak, I think the front office will have to some sort of a move for some depth. The Nuggets look like a perfect partner as they have an excessive amount of quality bigs. With Jusuf Nurkic returning from injury and rookie Nikola Jokic playing well, that leaves Joffrey Lauvergne without many opportunities. I think if you can acquire Lauvergne for a wing (like McDermott or Snell and a pick) and give him 24 minutes or so a game, he can be productive.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

Assuming Taj doesn't get traded and Pau leaves, im guessing Taj and Bobby will start at the big spots.

I looked at a break down at the salary cap and it looks like if we let our guys go that are expiring and dump Taj off in the summer we'd have enough for a max deal. Who knows, maybe we could lure Durant

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
When you have Portis, Taj, and Butler out there you get some nice aggression on both ends. Just need to find some others to compliment them.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I look at how they are the #4 seed in the East and I'd like to see how they will do once Dunleavy gets back and can start. To me that greatly changes the rotation, offers a more consistent start to the 1st and 3rd quarters and means Fred doesn't have to rely on BOTH Snell and McDermott to have good games, if one of them is on and the other off he can sit one of them.

As for the trade deadline, I know I'm in the small minority not wanting to trade for young unproven hopefuls and draft picks but I just think with some adjustments they can contend this year. I don't know who they could get but I look to find trade partners who feel they need to make changes. Teams that have changed coaches or are underachieving might have GMs who are willing to deal for the sake of making a deal. .

No way I trade
Butler
Gibson
Portis
Dunleavy it's not that he's so good or maybe no one would want him anyway but you've got to have some veterans who play hard and smart, don't make mistakes and don't have the ego to think they should have a gibber role

I doubt anybody wants
Brooks
Moore
McDermott

I would see what I could get for

Rose, I can't take the injuries anymore. let somebody else put up with his fragile attitude about thinking about his future

Gasol if he is leaving then go now he's not a dominating center by any means but most nights he gets the job done. it seems like everybody thinks he's gone after this year, if he thinks he can find a better team and city then he should go but I'd want him back if he were ready to come off the bench for a couple of years

Mirotic I'm not sold that he's going to develop into an all around player. He was starting and continues to get plenty of minutes to understand how to work in the offense, switch on defense, move without the ball and he's just not progressing.

Snell maybe some other organization can get him to focus and be consistent because the Bulls haven't

next year provided people advance and get healthy I wouldn't be afraid to take those 2 picks or trade one to add to

McDermott draft pick
Portis draft pick
Noah (resign) Gibson
Butler Moore FA SG
FA PG Brooks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we please move on from Noah. Who wants to know what draft pick we turned down for Mirotic?

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Forget trades and free agency. Build through the draft. Use free agency to fill out the roster and draft well. You know what the majority our best players have in common over the last 25 yrs. Bulls orginals! Lets keep it that way and draft well.

Need a 3 and a 2 draft 'em. Need a PG to back up and maybe replace Rose if he wants too much in FA, draft 'em.

Let other teams opine about bringing in star players in FA. WE DRAFT OUR STARS!