Super Bowl 50

Who wins?

• Total voters

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I used to hate Cam, but then he embarrassed the Packers this past November, and I instantly became a bandwagon fan.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Someone I know hates Cam, but they never said he was a thug. They hated him for that Auburn "scandal." Called him a liar and cheater or something along those lines. I can understand that. I don't understand where thug comes from. I don't think his actions on or off the field classify him as a thug. He has fun, and he's great to the kids. He's cocky as fuck, so I can see how that can turn some people off, but he isn't a thug that I know of.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't know where he's going with this one...

Thread carefully JimJohnson.

Well first of all, I never thread. My mom does though so you can talk to her about it.

Second, there is nothing to tread carefully with. Being a thug has nothing to do with skin color but how one acts. He's a condescending, arrogant douche bag who acts like a punk on the field. He's an incredibly poor sport, especially when things aren't going his way. He kind of reminds me of DWade who likes to cry and whine when they lose. And then when he wins, he acts like a tool and is very unsportsmanlike with his behavior towards opponents.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Cam is doing exactly what the nfl wants for entertainment or they would actually make him stop.

but think about this, He is a black starting QB in a very African American populated area.

I'd say that benefits the league quite a bit

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
A hero who punches stupid bitches in their stoopid faces...
Pigeonlicker

images

ChrisPlaysMadden

Liked Posts:
I'll be cheering for both teams. Love the bronco defense and on the other hand I love how Cam's a duel threat. Could not believe how much pressure was put on Brady. It's going to be interesting to see how Cam does under the same pressure.

ChrisPlaysMadden

Liked Posts:
Don't really understand the Cam hate. Dude's having a good time out there. Too bad more NFL players aren't like him.

Yeah, why so much Cam hate? I was shocked to see all the hate from the seahawks fans too. Funny thing is that Cam and Russel are similar QBs because they can be considered "duel threat". Here are some stats from NFL head to head website of the 16 regular seasons games of Wilson, Newton, Palmer and Brady (Using Palmer and Brady just to put Wilson and Newton in perspecctive in relation to "passing QBs")

Newton (Passer rating = 99.4, passing yards = 3,837, rushing yards= 636, rushing TDs = 10
Wilson (Passer rating = 110.1, passing yards = 4,024, rushing yards=553, rushing TDs = 1
Brady(Passer rating = 102.2, passing yards = 4,770, rushing yards=53, rushing TDs = 3
Paimer(Passer rating = 104.6, passing yards =4,671, rushing yards=24, rushing TDs = 1

If Seahawk fans were smart, they would be saying that Wilson should be MVP because based on the stats above Wilson has a better passer rating than Newton, Brady and Palmer! Even though Wilson has less rushing yards than Newton, he's only 83 rushing yards less! Instead they are wasting their energy on NEWTON hate! And lastly, I love how the panthers fans were yelling MVP in the crowd at several games. Seahawk fans need to learn for Panthers fans.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most Valuable Player is about who adds the most value to a team, not who has the best passer rating. Who considered Josh McCown for MVP in 2013? Cam has been the leader of a 17-1 team, has 50+ TDs to his name between rushing and passing, is beating everyone in multiple ways with mediocre skill position talent around him and is flat out dominating the NFL like he dominated the NCAA. If that isn't an MVP I don't know what is.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I had to LOL at this article from 2011, entitled, "Cam Newton: Why Carolina's New QB Is the Worst Draft Pick Ever." This is perhaps the worst incorrect prognostication I've ever read, and I hope the twitter world is reminding the author of it. The best part is the last sentence: "In five years, when Tebow is leading Denver into the playoffs and Cam Newton is riding someone's bench, remember this article." LMAO!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694994-carolina-panther-cam-newton-is-the-worst-nfl-draft-pick-ever

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I don't think it will be a blowout. Denver has 2 elite corners and Carolinas receivers are bad. Ted Ginn #1 in drop % and Funchess was #4. Honestly, when you consider what Cam had to work with receiver wise this season, it's extremely impressive. It shows you just how good he's become.

I think Carolina ultimately gets it done but I think it will be closer than most think.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I don't think it will be a blowout. Denver has 2 elite corners and Carolinas receivers are bad. Ted Ginn #1 in drop % and Funchess was #4. Honestly, when you consider what Cam had to work with receiver wise this season, it's extremely impressive. It shows you just how good he's become.

I think Carolina ultimately gets it done but I think it will be closer than most think.

If the drop percentage is the case that means the nfc sucks for them getting that far. The only strength they have is Newton.
Denver will win.
And Carolinas two CBS are guys who were sitting at home 2 months ago.
They are going to get clowned on the outside all day on offense and defense

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize this might be Peyton Manning. But it's still the #1 O vs. the #1 D. How often does the O win that battle?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well first of all, I never thread. My mom does though so you can talk to her about it.

Second, there is nothing to tread carefully with. Being a thug has nothing to do with skin color but how one acts. He's a condescending, arrogant douche bag who acts like a punk on the field. He's an incredibly poor sport, especially when things aren't going his way. He kind of reminds me of DWade who likes to cry and whine when they lose. And then when he wins, he acts like a tool and is very unsportsmanlike with his behavior towards opponents.

So does Aaron Rodgers, do you also consider him a thug? Also, that definition isn't really a thug.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So does Aaron Rodgers, do you also consider him a thug? Also, that definition isn't really a thug.

Of course not. Rodgers is white, and therefore doesn't need to be in a permanent state of somber humility. He's just enjoying himself.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I realize this might be Peyton Manning. But it's still the #1 O vs. the #1 D. How often does the O win that battle?
How do you qualify #1 O and #1 D?

In this case

The Panthers are #1 in scoring and #11 in Yards

The Broncos D is #4 in scoring and #1 in Yards.

So neither are #1 in both their categories. It's not a true #1 vs #1 matchup.

The only real stat in this is that the #1 team in yards on defense is 9-2 in Super Bowls while the #1 scoring team in Super Bowls are 10-9.

Last edited: