Super Bowl 50

Who wins?

• Total voters

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think it will be a blowout. Denver has 2 elite corners and Carolinas receivers are bad.

Was talking about this with a buddy the other night. My thinking on that is that it's more a wasted matchup for Denver than a handicap for Carolina. If Carolina's strength was their wideouts, the fact that Denver has elite corners would be a bigger deal, but since they're mediocre anyway, Denver having the perfect answer to them doesn't do as much, imo. Between Cam's athletiticm and the quality of their OL, I don't see any way that the Denver defense pressures him anything remotely like they did with Brady.

I'm thinking Pathers by 10. 27-17, 31-21, something like that.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He's an arrogant thug

If folks don't like it, they should not let him in the end zone, as he stated.

I wish we had arrogant thugs on team if that is the case.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Most Valuable Player is about who adds the most value to a team, not who has the best passer rating. Who considered Josh McCown for MVP in 2013? Cam has been the leader of a 17-1 team, has 50+ TDs to his name between rushing and passing, is beating everyone in multiple ways with mediocre skill position talent around him and is flat out dominating the NFL like he dominated the NCAA. If that isn't an MVP I don't know what is.

The key here is:

beating everyone in multiple ways with mediocre skill position talent around him

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Of course not. Rodgers is white, and therefore doesn't need to be in a permanent state of somber humility. He's just enjoying himself.

That defense dude with Packers goes nuts when he makes a big play.......Clay Matthews III

9005398-large.jpg

This pic below is really......well u fill in the __________

images

...and this one

images

IDK.....but this guy is really out there

tumblr_msx8b2czIl1rdvw53o1_r1_500.jpg

mecha

Liked Posts:
Most Valuable Player is about who adds the most value to a team, not who has the best passer rating. Who considered Josh McCown for MVP in 2013? Cam has been the leader of a 17-1 team, has 50+ TDs to his name between rushing and passing, is beating everyone in multiple ways with mediocre skill position talent around him and is flat out dominating the NFL like he dominated the NCAA. If that isn't an MVP I don't know what is.

I missed this post cause I've been busy lately and not really reading everything here, but this is it 100%.

which is why I find it baffling that people have Newton so low on the top QB lists (#5 is about where I mostly see people rank him)

I think this game hinges on which Peyton Manning shows up. I wouldn't call it Good Peyton vs. Bad Peyton, more like, Peyton that can still do shit vs. should've retired already Peyton. if he plays passable like the AFC championship coupled with the Broncos defense, they have a chance. throw 4 picks Peyton Manning will sink that team.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I missed this post cause I've been busy lately and not really reading everything here, but this is it 100%.

which is why I find it baffling that people have Newton so low on the top QB lists (#5 is about where I mostly see people rank him)

I think this game hinges on which Peyton Manning shows up. I wouldn't call it Good Peyton vs. Bad Peyton, more like, Peyton that can still do shit vs. should've retired already Peyton. if he plays passable like the AFC championship coupled with the Broncos defense, they have a chance. throw 4 picks Peyton Manning will sink that team.
At this point, Peyton only has his football intellect to call on. Even he has now admitted his arm has not been the same since the neck injury.

"My arm is what it is. Honestly having a little time off to heal my foot helped some of the other parts," Manning said. "My arm feels OK. My arm has not been the same since I was injured four years ago. ... If I could throw left handed it would be a lot easier. ... It's just different than it was. ... It's got a few yards on it, miles on it, however you want to say it."

If Denver is to win, they have to rely on their defense containing Cam and Peyton out-thinking their defense.

They'll want to prevent the Panthers from jumping out to a big lead and take advantage of a defense that has looked weak at times while letting teams, they were blowing out, back into games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I don't think game manager Peyton Manning is going to be enough for Denver to win the game. No turnovers would be a good start for sure, but I think they need to have some success through the air to win the game because I don't think they'll be able to run the ball successfully against Carolina.

mecha

Liked Posts:
At this point, Peyton only has his football intellect to call on. Even he has now admitted his arm has not been the same since the neck injury.

"My arm is what it is. Honestly having a little time off to heal my foot helped some of the other parts," Manning said. "My arm feels OK. My arm has not been the same since I was injured four years ago. ... If I could throw left handed it would be a lot easier. ... It's just different than it was. ... It's got a few yards on it, miles on it, however you want to say it."

If Denver is to win, they have to rely on their defense containing Cam and Peyton out-thinking their defense.

They'll want to prevent the Panthers from jumping out to a big lead and take advantage of a defense that has looked weak at times while letting teams, they were blowing out, back into games.

I don't track the Panthers, but they very much look like a first half team. Newton's a very dynamic player that can make shit happen. Manning limits mistakes and actually puts points on the board it will be a game.

I enjoy watching Manning play, it's sad he deteriorated so much the last couple years.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you qualify #1 O and #1 D?

In this case

The Panthers are #1 in scoring and #11 in Yards

The Broncos D is #4 in scoring and #1 in Yards.

So neither are #1 in both their categories. It's not a true #1 vs #1 matchup.

The only real stat in this is that the #1 team in yards on defense is 9-2 in Super Bowls while the #1 scoring team in Super Bowls are 10-9.

So by your evaluation of the statistics the game will end in a tie due to a bad coin flip.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
hash all the stats you want.
Denver wont lose this game and everyone who bets on the Panthers is a pinhead.
they want it to be memorable. All American QB wins a SB on 2 separate teams in super bowl 50,beating a team that went 15-1.
America has no interest in the Panthers winning

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was talking about this with a buddy the other night. My thinking on that is that it's more a wasted matchup for Denver than a handicap for Carolina. If Carolina's strength was their wideouts, the fact that Denver has elite corners would be a bigger deal, but since they're mediocre anyway, Denver having the perfect answer to them doesn't do as much, imo. Between Cam's athletiticm and the quality of their OL, I don't see any way that the Denver defense pressures him anything remotely like they did with Brady.

I'm thinking Pathers by 10. 27-17, 31-21, something like that.

After betting a buddy $50 on Carolina at the bar last night (he gets Denver +4.5), I'm now convinced that Carolina will win by 4 or less, if they win at all.

TwoWire

Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Carolina wins, but honestly, I want Manning to win it more.

Basically so we don't have to see him next year in a walker.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pats were in it a couple weeks back. Their Oline was crap, Brady not so mobile and the NE D is weaker so why where they in it?. If it's about D, Denver wins. That D was special this year when you consider how little help they got from the O. Almost impossible to be #1 under those circumstances and they did it anyway so while the Carolyna D is #2, I think the Denver is clearly better.

Fortunately, championships aren't just about D and the Carolyna O is closer in performance to the Denver D than vice versa. I think Manning throws a pick or 2 that Carolyna capitalizes on and Panthers win by double digits. An early lead by the Panthers could create a lopsided affair though I don't expect anything too high scoring. Manning would need to generate something and D take more risks. It will just become difficult for Denver and create opportunities for Carolyna. It would not be a good scenario for Denver. Denver has to march down the field, score early and allow the D to play their game which in this case is a lot more protection of running lanes than usual. If they need to make something happen instead of letting it come to them, Cam will burn em. They are better off with tighter coverage on his receivers with a controlled rush and spying Olsen. Should be interesting but I expect Cam to get a jump on Denver and things to get easier later.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Pats were in it a couple weeks back. Their Oline was crap, Brady not so mobile and the NE D is weaker so why where they in it?. If it's about D, Denver wins. That D was special this year when you consider how little help they got from the O. Almost impossible to be #1 under those circumstances and they did it anyway so while the Carolyna D is #2, I think the Denver is clearly better.

Fortunately, championships aren't just about D and the Carolyna O is closer in performance to the Denver D than vice versa. I think Manning throws a pick or 2 that Carolyna capitalizes on and Panthers win by double digits. An early lead by the Panthers could create a lopsided affair though I don't expect anything too high scoring. Manning would need to generate something and D take more risks. It will just become difficult for Denver and create opportunities for Carolyna. It would not be a good scenario for Denver. Denver has to march down the field, score early and allow the D to play their game which in this case is a lot more protection of running lanes than usual. If they need to make something happen instead of letting it come to them, Cam will burn em. They are better off with tighter coverage on his receivers with a controlled rush and spying Olsen. Should be interesting but I expect Cam to get a jump on Denver and things to get easier later.

It's important for me to know that you know Carolina doesn't have a 'y' in it.