• Derrick Rose sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Wins For Simmons!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
looks like the 2nd most dominant SG since Kobe got his ass busted by the ever overrated Dwade who is having his worst season statistically since his rookie season...oops....guess we wont being seeing that poster for awhile

he'll pop back up next time Jimmy scores 40 to tell us how right he was though
-

in other news Rose is hurt again somebody quick, tell me how its not a big deal and Rose will be fine. alarming fact: longest streak of games Rose has played in a row since the ACL injury? 19.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
looks like the 2nd most dominant SG since Kobe got his ass busted by the ever overrated Dwade who is having his worst season statistically since his rookie season...oops....guess we wont being seeing that poster for awhile

he'll pop back up next time Jimmy scores 40 to tell us how right he was though
-

in other news Rose is hurt again somebody quick, tell me how its not a big deal and Rose will be fine. alarming fact: longest streak of games Rose has played in a row since the ACL injury? 19.

Ughh...what a depressing stat.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Resting for the playoffs.

Let's just all :kermit: over regular season basketball! Sounds productive

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Resting for the playoffs.

Let's just all :kermit: over regular season basketball! Sounds productive

C'mon man...you can't just look at that stat and brush it off like its nothing. It's significant t. Kind of silly to act like it's not.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, but the Fred Hoiberg experiment isn't working. Nice guy, was an amazing college player, but not the right coach for the current Bulls team. I can't take his lackadaisical approach anymore. This team was never going to win the title, but Gar/Pax promised all that was missing was a coach that would bring offense. I'm done with Gar/Pax..... and they can take Hoiberg with them. If the Cavs fired Blatt, Hoiberg should be next. Fed up....

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Hoiberg isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't until he has the pieces that fit his vision and he fails. Even if he was fired, where would we go from there? beg Thibs to come back? not happening....firing Hoiberg is a stupid short sighted move

i think Hoiberg deserves some slack....while he hasn't done jack for this team lets look at some facts:

- They showed the same patterns they are showing this year last year under Thibs. this is a fact that gets so lost and im having trouble understanding why

- Team Construction: this team not only doesn't fit what Hoiberg wants to do but its a poorly put together overall.

Unbalanced, Rose and Jimmy don't mesh, depth is weak, young guys have failed to step up and we don't even have a starting small forward (Thibs was 9-10 with out Dun)

what needs to be done is the front office needs start giving players away. even if its for a basketball rack and a bag of flaming hot cheetos...send it in to sliver...strip it to the core you want to move forward with

that way it puts everybody's expectations at zero and we can start looking toward the future then this sorry team making any noise in the playoffs

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Hoiberg isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't until he has the pieces that fit his vision and he fails.

Thibs didn't get those pieces, I would argue he got exactly the opposite from the FO. I doubt Fred is going to get a chance to build a team his way. He simply isn't that good of a coach in the NBA to warrant total control.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hoiberg isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't until he has the pieces that fit his vision and he fails. Even if he was fired, where would we go from there? beg Thibs to come back? not happening....firing Hoiberg is a stupid short sighted move

i think Hoiberg deserves some slack....while he hasn't done jack for this team lets look at some facts:

- They showed the same patterns they are showing this year last year under Thibs. this is a fact that gets so lost and im having trouble understanding why

- Team Construction: this team not only doesn't fit what Hoiberg wants to do but its a poorly put together overall.

Unbalanced, Rose and Jimmy don't mesh, depth is weak, young guys have failed to step up and we don't even have a starting small forward (Thibs was 9-10 with out Dun)

what needs to be done is the front office needs start giving players away. even if its for a basketball rack and a bag of flaming hot cheetos...send it in to sliver...strip it to the core you want to move forward with

that way it puts everybody's expectations at zero and we can start looking toward the future then this sorry team making any noise in the playoffs
Rose would work well if came around to the realization he's no longer a max player.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Thibs not getting his pieces is a lie, he came to a team that had his pieces already. so they didn't draft Draymond Green like he wanted but lets not act like he didn't have a roster of versatile defenders to execute his system.

i love the revisionist history im seeing on Bulls boards about Thibs

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Thibs not getting his pieces is a lie, he came to a team that had his pieces already. so they didn't draft Draymond Green like he wanted but lets not act like he didn't have a roster of versatile defenders to execute his system.

i love the revisionist history im seeing on Bulls boards about Thibs

Let's break that down.

"Thibs not getting his pieces is a lie, he came to a team that had his pieces already"

So wait.. wait wait wait wait wait......... You mean taking a 1st round team and making it to the ECF = Thibs getting his team right off the bat? LMAO. Seriously give me a break,And you accuse me of revisionism. Nope, that is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. He got Boozer, the defensive beast that he is, that is the help Thibs got for his system. He got Korver, who was pitiful defensively before Thibs. :facepalm: Insert _mumble_mumble_played_guys_into_the_ground_myth_ here. How many of those guys are in the NBA now? Or maybe, just maybe they performed better because they had a good coach? Nah, couldn't be it.

So be real here, what were all the moves the Bulls made while Thibs was here, and you tell me how many favored his system, and how many didn't.

Let me take this a step further and make the stupid claim that Hoiberg inherited the perfect team off the bat, could not have been better. Wait, the excuses only apply to Fred, but not to Thibs, amiright? Face it, and I've known you for some time. You don't just want to see the Bulls win a title, as we all do, but you really want to see them win because they are overly offensive heavy, and when boiling it all down, you really only want to see them win with offense, since that is the only part of the game you enjoy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Thibs got Derrick's best years. He got MVP Rose

He got Noah, Taj, Asik, Brewer, Deng and Bogans.

Certainly, all Thibs type players to the max. Sure Bogans wasn't good on offense but Thibs loved his defense and nastiness.

So Korver and Boozer weren't defensive stalwarts. You're not going to get a 12 man roster full of defensive stoppers. Korver was a knock down shooter and Boozer was a good offensive player with the ability to post and shoot the mid-range.

That Noah, Asik, Taj front line, combined with the perimeter defense of Deng, Brewer and Bogans was all Thibs could have asked for as a defensive coach. The defense was outstanding and he had MVP prime Rose to go beast mode in crunch time. Thibs got a roster that fit him significantly more than what Fred has to fit his style. Not even questionable.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thibs got Derrick's best years. He got MVP Rose

He got Noah, Taj, Asik, Brewer, Deng and Bogans.

Certainly, all Thibs type players to the max. Sure Bogans wasn't good on offense but Thibs loved his defense and nastiness.

So Korver and Boozer weren't defensive stalwarts. You're not going to get a 12 man roster full of defensive stoppers. Korver was a knock down shooter and Boozer was a good offensive player with the ability to post and shoot the mid-range.

That Noah, Asik, Taj front line, combined with the perimeter defense of Deng, Brewer and Bogans was all Thibs could have asked for as a defensive coach. The defense was outstanding and he had MVP prime Rose to go beast mode in crunch time. Thibs got a roster that fit him significantly more than what Fred has to fit his style. Not even questionable.
You don't want a 12 man team of defensive stoppers.. That's a completely unbalanced team.. something we basically had during Thibs time here anyways. Ranking 20+ in offense.. hell even being over 10th in offense in the league is not going to win you a championship.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Behold the moves made during the Thibs era:
Sign Boozer, Watson, Bogans, Korver, Brewer, Asik, Nate Robinson, JL3, DJ Augustin, Rip Hamilton, Nazr, Brooks, Hinrich, Dunleavy, Mirotic
Trade Korver for nothing
Salary dump Deng
Cut Watson, Brewer, Boozer
Lose Asik for nothing (blah blah blah poison pill)
Draft Tony Snell

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Let's break that down.

"Thibs not getting his pieces is a lie, he came to a team that had his pieces already"

So wait.. wait wait wait wait wait......... You mean taking a 1st round team and making it to the ECF = Thibs getting his team right off the bat? LMAO. Seriously give me a break,And you accuse me of revisionism. Nope, that is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. He got Boozer, the defensive beast that he is, that is the help Thibs got for his system. He got Korver, who was pitiful defensively before Thibs. :facepalm: Insert _mumble_mumble_played_guys_into_the_ground_myth_ here. How many of those guys are in the NBA now?

So be real here, what were all the moves the Bulls made while Thibs was here, and you tell me how many favored his system, and how many didn't.

Let me take this a step further and make the stupid claim that Hoiberg inherited the perfect team off the bat, could not have been better. Wait, the excuses only apply to Fred, but not to Thibs, amiright?

Crys ive always respected your opinion and i think you have always remained level headed but im guessing you have bumped your head recently

Thibs came to a team with a plethora of defensive guys such as Noah, Deng, Taj, Asik, Brewer and a budding superstar in Derrick Rose. not to mention other solid depth pieces such as Watson, Korver and Thomas

the team was much more sound than the year prior and Thibs was a much better coach than Vinny. don't even try to act like Thibs came to some sorry team that didn't fit his style but he overcame it...thats total bullshit and you know it

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sign Boozer, Watson, Bogans, Korver, Brewer, Asik, Nate Robinson, JL3, DJ Augustin, Rip Hamilton, Nazr, Brooks, Hinrich, Dunleavy, Mirotic
Trade Korver for nothing
Salary dump Deng
Draft Tony Snell
Um...

Draft Butler?
Draft Marquis Teague?
Draft Doug McDermott?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sign Boozer (O), Watson(O+D), Bogans (D), Korver (O), Brewer (D), Asik (D), Nate Robinson (O), JL3 (O), DJ Augustin (O), Rip Hamilton (O+D), Nazr (D), Brooks (O), Hinrich (D), Dunleavy (O), Mirotic (O)
Trade Korver for nothing
Salary dump Deng
Draft Tony Snell
Draft Jimmy Butler
Draft Marques Teague
Draft Doug McDermott

I labeled the signings of rather offensive (O) or defense (D). There's a good mix really. Bench mob was mostly defensive signings. Later on the Bulls went more towards offensive signings.

They dumped offense (Korver) for nothing. They dumped Deng (D) for nothing. They cut the bench mob and their 2010 FA signing before 2014-15 and had a balance of defense and offense guys I'd say.

Snell has proven to be a better defensive player, Butler is an all-around guy, Doug is offense and no defense, and Teague was just god awful.

I'd say Thibs got his fair shake as far as the roster on paper went. Rose getting injured sucked horribly, but that team still ranked 1st or 2nd in D without Rose.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Certainly, all Thibs type players to the max.

:aj:

TO THE MAX you say. LMAO. Yeah, no. He had some good pieces, and he also had a front office that made moves that contradicted him. And when I say contradicted, I don't mean going out and only getting defensive players. Only a 12 year old with the attention span of a gnat would play to extremes by insisting he ONLY fit with defensive players. Defense first does NOT MEAN defense ONLY. When you're best offensive player is the PG, and NOT just the PG, but a slasher, you really aren't getting help. When your second best player is broken and pretty much washed up, but somehow you make him into an all-star, that is not because you inherited the "max" of all opportunities. Just full out horseshit.

When you're best assistant gets fired, when you bring in SOFT players(no, again, let's not do this gnat thing and play extremes claiming they have to be defense only), what do you expect. Max my ass.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The bottom line is, as far as ideal moves the benefit Thibs, it was a net negative. Heck, firing Ron Adams itself destroys the argument that the FO tried to help him.