Goff or Lynch could be available at #11

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No, it's the scouts that had Cam picked 1st overall at QB and Wilson early in 3 and I was stating a personal opinion with the perspective of evaluators, not quoting any of them but I wouldn't expect you understand that.

Adams under center with short drops in the pocket? I'm sure that's what draft evaluators are thinking.

.......then say what u mean

He'll get a shot but unlikely drafted at anything but a very late pick if a team wants to keep him away from UDFA options. He does have a similar profile to Wilson and seems smart but he's smaller framed and has a lower release point/ less arm strength. I like his intangibles and wouldn't mind a look but I'm not wasting a pick over another projected starter on him.

YOU LIFTED THE " less arm strength" QUOTE and and used it as your opinion. I saw the same quote on the 'net at 1 of these draft sites.

You're using " less arm strength" in conjunction with Wilson. Wilson has one of the stronger/ more accurate arms in the game ( his numbers & highlights certainly prove it) . Adams doesn't have to "be Wilson" i.e. "hand-size" (Dante Culpepper had 'small hands' ) or have Wilson's arm strength. He can be himself and still be effective as a NFL Qb. At every level he's proven himself.

" he's smaller framed and has and "lower release point". ....saw this on another website. It doesn't mean anything, cuz the kid has performed admirable vs anybody pitted against regardless of so-called " lower release point".

------
I like his intangibles and wouldn't mind a look but I'm not wasting a pick over another projected starter on him.

IMO it doesn't matter where he's drafted as long as he's given fair chance and he deserves it based on high-level production (vs good competition) play-making ability and leadership. The ppl. that make the "projections" are wrong every year.
------

Do you know what a West Coast O is and why small handed short guys that played from a shotgun are not the optimum profile for it? I'm not even saying he couldn't do it because none of us know at this time but that's not a system optimized to his strengths and weaknesses and you served it up as a solution to his profile..

Yes, I'm familiar with many offensive systems I'll bet u don't even know that the "WCO" is a misnomer ( but we'll deal with that some other time).

Drew Brees ( 6'0) plays in WCO. Brees came outta' a "shot-gun"....."spread-offensive" under Joe Tiller at Purdue ( go look it up)

The WCO has evolved to a short-passing, precise route-based "O". I don't think Adams would have a problem in the WCO.

Adams has been a difference-maker and regardless of where he's drafted or not, if ur looking for a winner who seems to always bet the odds,
Adams is somebody I'd want as a Qb. This is not to discount the other college Qb's out there.
-----

------
side note:
If I could find a qb like Doug Flutie right now ( becuz of his leadership and winning pedigree) I'd take him over any of these so-called " projected 1st rounders"

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
if ur talking Bears...yes we do. We haven't had a pass rush since........?

When kordell Stewart was the Bears QB, did you ejaculate faster and more often than a 2 pump chump? How about Henry Burris?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
When kordell Stewart was the Bears QB, did you ejaculate faster and more often than a 2 pump chump? How about Henry Burris?

dude I have no idea what ur talking about.....but shouldn't u be in ur bedroom, kneeling down b4 ur make-shift jimmy garofalo shrine doing what ever it is, u do to worship him

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
.......then say what u mean

YOU LIFTED THE " less arm strength" QUOTE and and used it as your opinion. I saw the same quote on the 'net at 1 of these draft sites.

You're using " less arm strength" in conjunction with Wilson. Wilson has one of the stronger/ more accurate arms in the game ( his numbers & highlights certainly prove it) . Adams doesn't have to "be Wilson" i.e. "hand-size" (Dante Culpepper had 'small hands' ) or have Wilson's arm strength. He can be himself and still be effective as a NFL Qb. At every level he's proven himself.

" he's smaller framed and has and "lower release point". ....saw this on another website. It doesn't mean anything, cuz the kid has performed admirable vs anybody pitted against regardless of so-called " lower release point".

------

IMO it doesn't matter where he's drafted as long as he's given fair chance and he deserves it based on high-level production (vs good competition) play-making ability and leadership. The ppl. that make the "projections" are wrong every year.
------

Yes, I'm familiar with many offensive systems I'll bet u don't even know that the "WCO" is a misnomer ( but we'll deal with that some other time).

Drew Brees ( 6'0) plays in WCO. Brees came outta' a "shot-gun"....."spread-offensive" under Joe Tiller at Purdue ( go look it up)

The WCO has evolved to a short-passing, precise route-based "O". I don't think Adams would have a problem in the WCO.

Adams has been a difference-maker and regardless of where he's drafted or not, if ur looking for a winner who seems to always bet the odds,
Adams is somebody I'd want as a Qb. This is not to discount the other college Qb's out there.
-----

------
side note:
If I could find a qb like Doug Flutie right now ( becuz of his leadership and winning pedigree) I'd take him over any of these so-called " projected 1st rounders"

Jesus, it's not my fault if you can't grasp context. Less arm strength than Wilson. I never said he had a weak arm. Thanks for backing up my opinion with actual evaluations, LOL. Dude has got tiny hands and GMs will be wary. If WCO is a misnomer, then why did you bring it the fuck up? There is an accepted current idea of what it is and that's the Walsh derivative. We all know it originated with Fouts as something a bit different and is tweaked like crazy. When you use that 'misnomer' as a description without pointing to a specific O, we all think Walsh system for good reason. WTF with saying he'll be good in A WCO and then saying WCO is a misnomer. It's like you don't need anyone to argue with. You just need a mirror.

I personally like the way he plays and have said so in the past. I just don't think he'll get drafted until late at best for the reasons described. The risk/reward isn't in the positive side of the balance sheet right now.

Your posts are nothing but repetitive, nonsensical, spiralling rants.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do we have to make imbecile thread titles here. I just want us to be better than this. If you don't understand Goff won't be around at 11, you should lose thread title license.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
dude I have no idea what ur talking about.....but shouldn't u be in ur bedroom, kneeling down b4 ur make-shift jimmy garofalo shrine doing what ever it is, u do to worship him

I've been busy building a Carson Wentz shrine. Not quite as extensive as HTJ's just yet. With being 'winner' at the top of your list as far as your prerequisites in a QB prospect you would think you had a shrine already built!!?!? They won a national championship every year he was there. But I know he is too pale in the skin pigment area which is really your #1 prereq run and shit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doug Flutie? Really?
TD-INT: 86-68
Passing yards: 14,715
QB Rating: 76.3
31 regular season wins as a starter in 13 NFL years.

Mitchapalooza

Run and Shit is Special person. Colt McCoy was one the winningest QBs in college history and he sucks massive dick in the NFL.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been busy building a Carson Wentz shrine. Not quite as extensive as HTJ's just yet. With being 'winner' at the top of your list as far as your prerequisites in a QB prospect you would think you had a shrine already built!!?!? They won a national championship every year he was there. But I know he is too pale in the skin pigment area which is really your #1 prereq run and shit.

Ok.... this is ur 1st & last warning. the run&shoot is a "O" system. address me by any other derogatory screen-name term and u'll end of where this guy is

Lunchbox

Haggard
This message is hidden because Lunchbox is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

I've never attacked anybody's "screen name" ( unless provoked... like u did).

ur "screen name" is who u are and I respect it ( afford me the same respect) Call me a idiot, attack my posts, but not the "screen name" . For the record, I've got no problems with Jimmy Garoppolo

-----

next thing.....the
"prereq" I have for a qb is that be leader/winner, who can make plays in or outta' da pocket, i.e. Tarkenton, Staubach, Steve Young, Jim Zorn, Flutie, Vick, Wilson, Cunningham, A. Rodgers, Steve Grogan, Elway or Cam. Hope this clears things up for you.

Mitchapalooza

Someone quote this so Run and SHIT sees it please

FDzQ5jz.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Doug Flutie? Really?
TD-INT: 86-68
Passing yards: 14,715
QB Rating: 76.3
31 regular season wins as a starter in 13 NFL years.

thank you for sharing Flutie's accomplishments. Ok....let's take a closer look at what happened.
In N.E. 8-5 W-L record. He left their with a winning record....so nothing to hold his head down about.
----
Buffalo: 21-9 W-L record. They really screwed Flutie here. The guy had 'em rolling. They were doing well headed into the playoffs. The team was behind Flutie and his leadership.

Then the owner had the freakin' bright idea of starting Rob 'phuckin' Johnson in the playoffs ( the wanted to get a "look at Johnson since he was costing them $$) . And u guessed it....they lost.

Dumb move.....Wade Phillips apologized to Flutie. Phillips later said.....they wouda' probably won had Flutie played. So Flutie has nothing to be ashamed of here.

I left out Chicago & S.D. ( where he was in & outta' the lineup cuz they had Brees).

Based on Flutie's total body of work....yeah, really.... I'd take him. I was a little guy who ppl,, the
evaluators said couldn't make it in the NFL and he proved 'em wrong.

He ended his NFL career with 38 W-28L-0. I'm not gonna get into to how he kicked butt in the CFL, ...i.e. da championshipscuz nobody wants to hear about the CFL.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking the Bears try to trade up for one of the top 3 quarterbacks this year. The timing is right now for a number of reasons:

- They definitely don't expect to be drafting this high again any time soon with John Fox
- They have a ridiculous amount of cap space to help offset the talent lost by trading away draft picks
- Cutler has real trade value now. He didn't last year, which is part of the reason the Bears couldn't get Mariota

Obviously, this is unless the Bears are really back on the Cutler bandwagon or don't like any of the top QBs. But otherwise, it makes a lot of sense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
thank you for sharing Flutie's accomplishments. Ok....let's take a closer look at what happened.
In N.E. 8-5 W-L record. He left their with a winning record....so nothing to hold his head down about.
----
Buffalo: 21-9 W-L record. They really screwed Flutie here. The guy had 'em rolling. They were doing well headed into the playoffs. The team was behind Flutie and his leadership.

Then the owner had the freakin' bright idea of starting Rob 'phuckin' Johnson in the playoffs ( the wanted to get a "look at Johnson since he was costing them $$) . And u guessed it....they lost.

Dumb move.....Wade Phillips apologized to Flutie. Phillips later said.....they wouda' probably won had Flutie played. So Flutie has nothing to be ashamed of here.

I left out Chicago & S.D. ( where he was in & outta' the lineup cuz they had Brees).

Based on Flutie's total body of work....yeah, really.... I'd take him. I was a little guy who ppl,, the
evaluators said couldn't make it in the NFL and he proved 'em wrong.

He ended his NFL career with 38 W-28L-0. I'm not gonna get into to how he kicked butt in the CFL, ...i.e. da championshipscuz nobody wants to hear about the CFL.
Yes, I'm sure every team would now pick Flutie at 11. He also had bigger hands than Adams. Yeah, CFL!
-
“There are a bunch of 6-5 successful guys who are athletic. The 5-11 guys, it has to (pose) a question mark,” said Arizona’s Bruce Arians. “I go back to Doug Flutie. It took Doug a long time to become a very successful quarterback in the league at that size and athletic ability-

Here's what NE says about hand size and if you ask them, they'll tell you that it had a hand in drafting Brady. When you take a project, you take one with the best measurables along with those intangibles.

When evaluating quarterbacks for their system, the Patriots look closely at hand size. Bigger is better.

Former Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott PioliAs explained by former New England Patriots vice president of player personnel and current Atlanta Falcons assistant GM Scott Pioli, hand size is a notable measurement for quarterbacks, as larger hands help a quarterback grip the ball more firmly.

Pioli described a "bad decision" he contributed to during his time in New England by selecting former Texas Tech quarterback Kliff Kingsbury back in 2003. Kingsbury had tremendous college production, but he also had the smallest hands among quarterbacks at the combine.
"We asked him to come to New England in inclement weather and try to throw the football and control the football; where you have someone like Tom Brady, who has an enormous hand," he recalled.

"You look at the pictures of Tommy holding a football, part of his accuracy is based on his hand size," he explained. "So things like that, in terms of measurements, they have value.”

Flutie was small but had bigger hands than Adams does. One reason Manziel became a 1st round selection is that he actually has large hands and it relived some fear. So do Brees, Wilson and Favre. Rex did not and what happened in the rain? There's obviously more to it but being that small and with small hands will drop your stock and for good reason. If we pick him up late or in FA, I'm all for it but you really get over the top and run with this shit.:lol:

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I'm thinking the Bears try to trade up for one of the top 3 quarterbacks this year. The timing is right now for a number of reasons:

- They definitely don't expect to be drafting this high again any time soon with John Fox
- They have a ridiculous amount of cap space to help offset the talent lost by trading away draft picks
- Cutler has real trade value now. He didn't last year, which is part of the reason the Bears couldn't get Mariota

Obviously, this is unless the Bears are really back on the Cutler bandwagon or don't like any of the top QBs. But otherwise, it makes a lot of sense.

Or we can just keep Cutler.

He's only paid like a middle of the road Qb from here on out and it only goes down from there. We are one of the few teams with the luxury to be able to actually sit someone as raw as a Wentz or Lynch and still actually be competitive with Cutler. #11 is a nice slot for Ryan Pace to take a project that could be his contract extension in a few years.