Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yes please. I would, because we have to think of the future and we already have a first round pick being added to this years roster (KW). I'm not sure what the deal with Hanie is but our staff started Jimmy over him and that says they don't think much of him. So who is gonna play if/when Cutty misses time? Our needs are great everywhere and that includes QB.

LOL, this post is full of so much wrong. For one, you don't forego first round picks just because your gimpy one from last season is supposedly set to return. Two, Hanie hasn't been on the team in four fucking seasons.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I very much wish the Bears had a GM like Seattle's with the foresight to get a QB the caliber of Wilson in the 3rd but they don't so we have to simplify things for the Bears FO.

QB's like R.Wilson are hard to find and the only reason he dropped to the 3rd round was because of his size and had nothing to do with his talents.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Of the three QBs. I liked Wentz the best, then Goff and then Lynch. lynch scares me the most of the QBs. I would be estatic if Goff or Wentz is at #11, Lynch doesn't excite me as much.

These are my feelings as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
QB's like R.Wilson are hard to find and the only reason he dropped to the 3rd round was because of his size and had nothing to do with his talents.
And, like I said, 1 GM, who has proven himself to be a very good one, had the insight to know conventional wisdom was very wrong in this case. He very much wanted to take Wilson higher, in the second, but Seattle felt he'd be available later because of that "conventional wisdom".

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I would grade the top 3 qbs with 2nd rd but taken higher due to position.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
If goff is on the board at 11 somehow that would be fucknig amazing. it may happen. do the browns go with yet another early QB or go for the safer pick? and even if they do go QB, do they go with goff or a "pro-ready" guy like lynch? Do the 49ers stick with kap?

whatever happens theres a good chance that at least goff or wentz will be on the board at 11 and pace simply cannot pass on taking one of them if one or both are on the board IMO. lynch on the other hand, i would understand pace passing on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure the will pass and hope for some fourth rounder...we might as well get use to it.

It wasn't a well kept secret that Pace wanted Mariota last year so getting use to what? Not enough top talent QBs in drafts?

That said, this is also a draft with some intriguing later choices. Prescott, Brissett, Adams, etc.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
What's the story behind why a talent like Wentz ended up at North Dakota State?

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Usually where there's smoke, there's fire (unless your botfly - then things don't even exist unless someone spells it out first).

My meaning is that between last draft, this draft, and Pace even saying he's talked to Jay about the potential of drafting a QB, I feel like Pace isn't going to neglect the position, although also not going to mortgage the future for that position either, at least not at this juncture.

I'm liking the scouting reports I am reading on both Wentz and Lynch. Both seemingly very tall, very strong QBs.

I think the thing that could hurt the Bears in getting either is the copycat league effect if Cam Newton wins the Superbowl. You may have teams looking for tall, strong QBs, and that could result in both being off the board before the Bears pick.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
My thoughts on the top 3 QBs:

Goff - The most polished of the bunch.
Wentz - The most interesting with the highest ceiling.
Lynch - The wild card that's raw, but talented.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Drafting a QB in the third and letting him sit behind Cutler, I could see happening if the value is there. But if the one of the top guys is sitting there, and the Bears draft a QB in the first, I think Pace had got to try and move Cutler. This isn't Rodgers following Favre or even Garoppolo sitting behind Brady. A first round QB will make everything Bears a circus. Every Cutler INT would have cameras panning to the new guy with questions of when are they going to pull Cutler. It's been made very clear by Pace and Fox that they do not like such things.

I could even see Pace doing due diligence with teams like the Rams, to see their interest level if the Bears happened upon a QB in the first. An "If we would happen to take QB X in the first, would you be interested in Cutler for a 2nd or 3rd" sort of thing.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ideally I want all 3 to go top ten and push Buckner down to us

DaBears23

Liked Posts:
If Buckner,Bosa & Jack & tunsil is gone then Taking a QB is smart. Then defense rest of the draft

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What's the story behind why a talent like Wentz ended up at North Dakota State?

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 using Tapatalk
He is from North Dakota. Not sure he was heavily recruited or not out of high school by any big schools. I think he kinda grew into it.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if you draft a QB top 11, then he better be a starting caliber QB, if not why waste a top pick. Therefore, like posted above, you have to decide what to do with Jay because this pick should be good enough to challenge immediately.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Usually where there's smoke, there's fire (unless your botfly - then things don't even exist unless someone spells it out first).

My meaning is that between last draft, this draft, and Pace even saying he's talked to Jay about the potential of drafting a QB, I feel like Pace isn't going to neglect the position, although also not going to mortgage the future for that position either, at least not at this juncture.

I'm liking the scouting reports I am reading on both Wentz and Lynch. Both seemingly very tall, very strong QBs.

I think the thing that could hurt the Bears in getting either is the copycat league effect if Cam Newton wins the Superbowl. You may have teams looking for tall, strong QBs, and that could result in both being off the board before the Bears pick.

Yeah, but that wouldnt hurt the bears if it meant goff was still sitting on the board at 11.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wouldn't take a qb in the 1st round....I'd go defense. However, in the 2nd or 3rd I'd take Dak Prescott Let him sit behind jay so he learn what NOT to do

Dak Prescott, Mississippi State, QB: There hasn't been a lot of buzz surrounding Prescott's prospects as an NFL quarterback, but more and more NFL scouts are beginning to appreciate his game as a dangerous dual-threat playmaker. The 6-foot-2, 230-pound senior has become a more precise pocket passer while exhibiting the the athleticism and mobility to chew up defenses with designed quarterback runs and impromptu scrambles. Prescott showcased his dynamic skills with a six-touchdown effort in the Bulldogs' 42-16 win over Kentucky that included a 300-yard passing performance (25 of 35 for 348 yards and three scores) and a 100-yard rushing day (13 carries for 117 rushing yards and three scores).
-NFL.com