Under Armour Baseball/Softball Factory

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody have any experience with this? My daughter just got nominated to the regional tryout for softball by her highschool coach and I'm wondering on the worth/benefit of the experience. I've read mixed reviews on-line, some feel it was very helpful others a waste of money.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we went to the tryout. Will hold my opinion for now. Wake up call for my daughter for sure.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update: Invited to their training camps June or November. It's only $2K for a 3 day camp. Starting to think it's a money grab. Daughter made highschool varsity softball team, starting pitcher as a freshman. Her pitching coach agreed with their critique of her, but said she is still young and has only been pitching for 4 years and expects her to improve

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
$2k for a 3 day camp is outrageous to me. I would find a good college camp where she stays over and they have multiple colleges and university coaches there. Take it FWIW as I'm on the baseball side of things.

You may want to sign up on a site like discussfastpitch.com and ask there. Lots of experience on that site.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's what I thought. There are plenty of college camps to choose from here.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update: We ended up trying out for and making the roster of a select travel team. Will spend about the same money (not including travel expenses) but play in 8 showcase tournaments this summer. Ironically one of the tournaments she will end up playing at is the UnderArmor Softball Factory Showcase Tourney.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update: 1st Highschool season is done. Daughter's team won 1st playoff series and lost a one game regional playoff game (number of games played is worked out between the coaches. Bring on the travel ball tournaments this summer.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update: Nominated to All district softball first team and awarded all district newcomer of the year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Congrats on the success of your daughter!

I gotta say, there seems to be a lot of money grabbing in youth baseball/softball.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you. Agree regarding the money grab. Hard to navigate as a parent.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update: First travel/summer season is winding down. My daughter got honorable mention to area/region prep sports writers 2016 All-Star team for the high school season. Her travel team is in playoffs for the local 18U summer league, won both games of a double header last night to get the last seed. The showcase tounaments have been mixed results for my daughter. Facing good talent/skill up and down the line up of an opponent is making her a better player. She is ready for the off season.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daughter was nominated to the Under Armor Softball National Team tryout again. Will be attending, but taking with a grain of salt this year. Feel like the summer travel showcase tourneys are more important. Had plenty of college coaches and scouts at those talking with her team.