Marc Stein: Bulls want to re-sign Gasol, not trade him

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Just to interrupt the Lebron talk

I doubt anyone who would think Gasol could help their playoff run would have much to offer. Any top playoff team would only have a 25+ draft number, would know it was only for half a season so they wouldn't offer a talented young player. Better to let Pau see what FA offers he can get and depending on what happens with Noah maybe he thinks staying is his best bet. Gasol is probably looking for a playoff caliber team not just the most money to be on a real loser so his options are limited. Recall that what the city of Chicago had to offer culturally was part of Pau coming here at the low rate he took. Is he really going to want to go to Cleveland or OKC and cite the same reasoning?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys don't understand this because you are complete basketball fucktards that have no idea how good Gasol is, this team is, or any vision at all to accurately assess this teams chances in a 7 game series against anyone.

Fuck you, fuck this board. I am rendered numb, stupid, and bitter for even trying to communicate with the trolling smug selfish doomed mindless imbeciles of 2016.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
You guys don't understand this because you are complete basketball fucktards that have no idea how good Gasol is, this team is, or any vision at all to accurately assess this teams chances in a 7 game series against anyone.

Fuck you, fuck this board. I am rendered numb, stupid, and bitter for even trying to communicate with the trolling smug selfish doomed mindless imbeciles of 2016.

1. It makes absolutely no sense if the Bulls are going into a mini-rebuild under Hoiberg.

2. Bulls have very slim hopes against a healthy Cavaliers team and absolutely no chance against Golden State or the Spurs.

While I am not an advocate of tanking, it makes no sense to re-sign Gasol in the twilight of his career at this point for this team.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

191420151_aaaa_hmm_will_I_get_5_D_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

131837011636.jpg

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Don't let the bulls board get to you man. It's filled with trolls, haters, and Debbie downers. Just let it roll off your back and be happy.

:smoke:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't let the bulls board get to you man. It's filled with trolls, haters, and Debbie downers. Just let it roll off your back and be happy.

:smoke:
I stopped reading after "how good Gasol is".

Call me a hater, debbie downer or whatever, but this team isn't not winning anything this year.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
its not about being a debbie downer...its about being a realist. Some people are too old to have a WWE type mentality towards their sports teams...I don't have the energy for it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
its not about being a debbie downer...its about being a realist. Some people are too old to have a WWE type mentality towards their sports teams...I don't have the energy for it.
With some people , I don't think age has anything to do with it. Some people are just plain blind homers.

For me, age has definitely made me more wise... A young me thought the 06-07 Bulls team was championship caliber. Looking back, that was quite dumb.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You only have the energy to come here and shit on players, coaches, and the team, right?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You only have the energy to come here and shit on players, coaches, and the team, right?
You should really read all his posts.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He's a Lebron James fan boy on a Chicago Bulls message board. Most of his posts are simply hate towards Derrick Rose.

I read this as:

He's a fan of a top 5 player of all time and most of his posts are simply frustrations over a guy who hasn't been relevant in over 4 seasons

Could be a lot worse. There's people that actually think this team could win a championship. Talk about crazy...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I read this as:

He's a fan of a top 5 player of all time and most of his posts are simply frustrations over a guy who hasn't been relevant in over 4 seasons

Could be a lot worse. There's people that actually think this team could win a championship. Talk about crazy...
:yep:

This team needs a miracle in order to win a championship. They still need a miracle just to win the East.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
I read this as:

What's even crazier is the fact that there are actual Cleveland Cav/LeBron James message boards all over the Internet.

Imagine that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's even crazier is the fact that there are actual Cleveland Cav/LeBron James message boards all over the Internet.

Imagine that.
Why do we need to contain our talks to the Bulls only? I enjoy the general NBA discussions we have here often times in addition to Bulls talk. Makes the forum more rounded and more interesting. Its not like we have an over abundance of Bulls threads to discuss things in.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Imagine that.

Discussing other topics here isn't remotely crazy, yet alone crazier then thinking this Bulls team is a championship team.