Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
hell yeah. the bulls are winning it all this year

tumblr_lobe6qFJVK1qmi365o1_400.gif

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the thing is its not really about Gasol as a player its about Bulls management sticking with a group that isn't working.

as it stands now with the current construction of the team, it makes no sense to sign a 35 year old Gasol to a 3 year deal thats likely 8 figures per year. of course posters have their gripes about Gasol aswell but thats not the root.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You only have the energy to come here and shit on players, coaches, and the team, right?

I have enough energy to come here and be real...not positive...not fucking enthusiastic...real. You want positivity...find your ass a life coach. I don't have time for that shit. Hope that helps clear things up for you.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What's even crazier is the fact that there are actual Cleveland Cav/LeBron James message boards all over the Internet.

Imagine that.

go over there then....with 591 posts, don't send anybody else anywhere. You can leave, nobody will miss you...

by the way...I like Lebron, because people like you hate him. That makes him instantly likeable. Had he come here as a FA, you'd love him. Or you can now say..."I never wanted him here"...which for you...makes sense.

I did want him here....from the beginning of the process. My attitude towards him hasn't much changed. Why should it? He proved himself to be one of the greatest players in league history. I like Magic Johnson, Olajuwon...I respect Isiah Thomas, Bird, etc....why can't I like Lebron? Bigger douche than Magic or Isiah? I don't think so. Bigger douche than Jordan? Not really. He is just a great player.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
go over there then....with 591 posts, don't send anybody else anywhere. You can leave, nobody will miss you...

by the way...I like Lebron, because people like you hate him. That makes him instantly likeable. Had he come here as a FA, you'd love him. Or you can now say..."I never wanted him here"...which for you...makes sense.

I did want him here....from the beginning of the process. My attitude towards him hasn't much changed. Why should it? He proved himself to be one of the greatest players in league history. I like Magic Johnson, Olajuwon...I respect Isiah Thomas, Bird, etc....why can't I like Lebron? Bigger douche than Magic or Isiah? I don't think so. Bigger douche than Jordan? Not really. He is just a great player.
Well that's just like, your opinion man.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they sign Pau Gasol to another 3 year contract of near equal pay, the chances are he's still going to be a very good player by the end of it. They can always flip him later if it came down to it. Staying in the upper echelon of Eastern teams should be the immediate fallback plan.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
the thing is its not really about Gasol as a player its about Bulls management sticking with a group that isn't working.

as it stands now with the current construction of the team, it makes no sense to sign a 35 year old Gasol to a 3 year deal thats likely 8 figures per year. of course posters have their gripes about Gasol aswell but thats not the root.

Probably the best post in this wildly bipolar thread.

I respect Gasol as a player & a person. He's still incredibly talented despite his age. He's the only player in NBA history age 35 & up to average 16ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, & 2bpg. He missed being an All-Star starter by 360 votes, yet somehow was snubbed by the East coaches. All that being said though, I am not on board with giving him a large 8 figure deal, which he will likely command, when he's not an ideal fit for Hoiberg's system and the team in general needs to get younger.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I like Gasol, he's a fine player, he's had a great career, but he is not the answer to this team's problems.

Keep him if he takes a cheap contract, maybe have him come off the bench in the seasons to come.

If not, see ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:
One of the most team-friendly deals in the league... why would anyone be against re-signing him? Let Jo walk and start Pau. Taj can play the 4 unless we land someone in FA or the draft.

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:
Probably the best post in this wildly bipolar thread.

I respect Gasol as a player & a person. He's still incredibly talented despite his age. He's the only player in NBA history age 35 & up to average 16ppg, 10rpg, 3apg, & 2bpg. He missed being an All-Star starter by 360 votes, yet somehow was snubbed by the East coaches. All that being said though, I am not on board with giving him a large 8 figure deal, which he will likely command, when he's not an ideal fit for Hoiberg's system and the team in general needs to get younger.

Pau is absolutely a good fit for this team and especially Hoiberg's offense. Not only that, but in what world does he take some ridiculous salary? He's got literally the best contract in the league.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm getting ready for the next Butler EXPLOSION! Gasol is starting to bitch. Rose cannot be happy. And Gibson must feel that he is pretty much the lone ranger when it comes to balls out play. The locker room has got to be tense right now between the guys who care and can contribute and the others who do not care or can't contribute. They need to do something MAJOR before the trade deadline.

Blake Griffin may be available. Maybe a GIbson, McDermott, draft pick would do it?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
If they sign Pau Gasol to another 3 year contract of near equal pay, the chances are he's still going to be a very good player by the end of it. They can always flip him later if it came down to it. Staying in the upper echelon of Eastern teams should be the immediate fallback plan.

Staying in the upper echelon? What the hell does that even mean.

Winning a lot of games in the eastern conference year after year doesn't put you in the upper echelon of anything.

The Bulls should be trading away big contracts and increasing minutes for their younger players so they can rebuild for the future. Otherwise, they're just wasting money on a team that's going nowhere (boring).

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are 26-20 and the 3rd seed in the East. It says two things. They aren't good, and the East blows.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Staying in the upper echelon? What the hell does that even mean.

Winning a lot of games in the eastern conference year after year doesn't put you in the upper echelon of anything.

The Bulls should be trading away big contracts and increasing minutes for their younger players so they can rebuild for the future. Otherwise, they're just wasting money on a team that's going nowhere (boring).

The Eastern Conference has a winning record against the Western Conference this season.

Aside from GS and SA, the East is clearly the better conference. And the Bulls are the third best team in that conference.

From a business standpoint, it makes perfect sense to re-sign Gasol. Without him, the Bulls are a worse team. Even though he is a misfit in Hoiberg's system, he gives them stability.

From a basketball standpoint, it also makes sense to re-sign Gasol, unless you can count on inheriting enough cap-space to sign a Batum type of player (chances of that are slim seeing as that Batum is the best guy they could hope for this summer and that is hardly realistic to count on the Bulls signing him). Re-sign Gasol for a reasonable salary under the new cap and hope to flip him down the line as opposed to losing a top 30 player for nothing.