Marc Stein: Bulls want to re-sign Gasol, not trade him

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
mrw-a-friend-said-he-wasnt-going-to-watch-deadpool-because-he-hates-ryan-reynolds-176100.gif

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;nrIPxlFzDi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0[/video]

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
they're just saying that to drive any offers up. that or they're all smoking crack in the FO. either one is possible.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they're just saying that to drive any offers up. that or they're all smoking crack in the FO. either one is possible.
Given they don't make trades, I'm going with crack.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing the offers they're getting for Gasol are terrible. As in, no young talent or picks and for deals that have 1+ years remaining, for guys who aren't all that good. The Bulls have very little leverage here. Noah is done for the season and Niko is going to be out for a few weeks. I'm sure teams realize that the Bulls wanted to trade Gasol, and now that they see our depth is in bad shape, it's no surprise this "report" has come out right after the Niko announcement. That's what I'm hoping at least.

If the report is true that the Bulls want to re-sign him, I really don't understand it. I would rather have the cap space to go after someone younger who has a future in this league.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For no reason, I'll give the FO the benefit of the doubt and say that this is all a ploy to get some sucker to trade for him...or something like that.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
My guess is what has already been stated...the market is not good. Bulls are big on starting rumors about themselves in the media.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
if they re-sign Pau i just might turn in my Bulls fan card....atleast until a new management takes over

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder how Lebron feels about dis news...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I wonder how Lebron feels about dis news...

i think hes more concerned about his mistake of going back to Cleveland

its good chance he never wins another ring as he seems to be on the decline and Cavs are a mess

unfortunately Bulls wont be the reason why

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

its good chance he never wins another ring as he seems to be on the decline and Cavs are a mess

They were a mess when they drafted him, they were a mess from 2003-10, they were a mess without him from 2010-2014, and they're a mess with him again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You are missing the point.... what Lebron thinks about any and all topics is very important

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
You are missing the point.... what Lebron thinks about any and all topics is very important

Ehmagawd LeBren Jermes

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were a mess when they drafted him, they were a mess from 2003-10, they were a mess without him from 2010-2014, and they're a mess with him again.

I kind of feel bad for Lebron. If he doesn't win a title with Cleveland, he will surely leave one more time to chase a ring. Then, if Andrew Wiggins becomes a superstar. He will be blamed for the next decade for the Cavs problems.